kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

48 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

🤔😳

I have a question for these guy will Avatar 22 if it is made will it even gross more than double of what original made? Sequels increasing is a very rare thing and sequels doubling is an extraordinary case.. let's see if Avatar 2 even grosses even 2B? Then we will talk. Oh and by the way lot of original movies had held the highest grossing movie title but sequels??? You won't find that many maybe 1 or 2?

1 hour ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

🤔😳

Remember when “EG was the sequel to 21 previous movies, required viewings of said movies to be invested, only Marvel fandom cared, GA wouldn’t get in on the hype, didn’t have enough GA support and awareness to go any higher than IW”? Remember those days when them were the negatives, the arguments against EG’s potential? 

Don’t know about y’all but I still remember those days like it was just 2 months ago. Hmm, hold on...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 7
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, cdsacken said:

I thought it could definitely beat Titanic's original run. I mean it's just a decent/good film and it will do 1.5ish. Imagine if it was amazing.

The film was received well from the audience, yes no one claims that it's a masterpiece but GA thought it was a good movie, critical reception won't do shit to this kind of movies, maybe cause it to lose like 20-50 M at most,but won't cause your movie to fall from a potential of 1.9 to 1.4 B

The movie is doing as I expected, I always thought that it would open just above or below I2 with Small chance at 200M, until Charlie came with Early inflated estimates and I thought it would get 210-220M.

30 minutes ago, Sam said:

Remember when “EG was the sequel to 21 previous movies, required viewings of said movies to be invested, only Marvel fandom cared, GA wouldn’t get in on the hype, didn’t have enough GA support and awareness to go any higher than IW”? Remember those days when them were the negatives, the arguments against EG’s potential? 

Don’t know about y’all but I still remember those days like it was just 2 months ago. Hmm, hold on...

Yes they are bunch of sad hypocrites, no it became suddenly an adventage!

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, Nero said:

I have a question for these guy will Avatar 22 if it is made will it even gross more than double of what original made? Sequels increasing is a very rare thing and sequels doubling is an extraordinary case.. let's see if Avatar 2 even grosses even 2B? Then we will talk. Oh and by the way lot of original movies had held the highest grossing movie title but sequels??? You won't find that many maybe 1 or 2?

I’m actually excited to see Avatar 2 gross but this time with competition and no new gimmick. Just good old story telling. Unless the “3D with no glasses” rumors are true.

• Like 1

The inflation argument only makes sense if one film sold more tickets but grossed slightly less. The argument goes that due to inflation, an illusion is created by making more money but selling less tickets.

Endgame sold FAR more tickets than Avatar. It sold more tickets in the USA, it sold far, far more tickets Worldwide. The estimates by our resident Demigod, Charlie, are that Endgame sold approximately 100 million tickets more. 

People like Campea have absolutely no idea what they're talking about but this is 2019, so of course they have to share their uninformed opinion about it.

Edited by The Dark Samurai
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

You can if you can convince more than 200m people pay extra and see your film in 3D or IMAX.

:bash: Other times, other situation, and for many reasons not directly compareable

6 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

Sorry i have to disagree on this....

Just as all the OT sh$t here in this thread was starting to slow down..... And just after a few here already pointed that out.

Yes, I am aware about 'the other side' also wrote, but that I can tolerate a little bit better, as its a human reaction to defend in such kind of situation.

I think here is no one who does not already have read all possible, cut to match to support it own wished for result, posts.

So, please, use fan-war threads, use the admission comparison thread for the admission POV, use adjusted numbers for dom (as OS makes no sense no matter which calculation model its based on) and so on. But not this thread, this is OS for AEG (to the ones who reacted a bit snippy: that are the rules for BOT!!!!! Put the posts in the correct thread, according to the descriptions in what belong what!!!)

At other forums I have maybe 1 or 2 ppl on ignore, if at all, here I am already on page 2.

Nearly all of them are excessive fans of this or that movie, franchise and what-not. Sadly in a way out of proportion count of Cameron movie based 'fans', but there are also MCU, DC, HP, SW,... fanatics

It takes waayyyyyy too much fun out of the people who are here for the numbers, who are not on the hunt for a specific BO nor a specific ranking position as a proof for whatever superiority someone thinks he/she gains out of that.

Annoooooyyyyyyiiiinnnnngggggg (reminder, I love Avatar, did not like AEG, not the only MCU movie I do not like)

So, back to numbers and what maybe to expect how much might remain in OS:

is there an actual list in which countries the longer version is actual happening or will get it at which starting date still in the future?

Edited by terrestrial

38 minutes ago, Alexandros said:

I saw Campea's show and he agrees that adjusting for inflation is silly so my guess is that he put up the poll to get more clicks and attention.

I hate when ppl use that kind of misinformation as a click-bait, no matter if its about BO or news or whatever

Many ppl only skim titles, and way too many only need a handful of repeats of similar sounding titles to form an opinion, often even without realising thy did so ( ~ automatically)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sam said:

EXACTLY. These people were using those factors to state why it couldn’t reach these heights, saying that they were huge disadvantages. Now that it actually beat Avatar, this is somehow the greatest, most unfair set of advantages any movie has ever had. And I personally hate adjusting for inflation, especially for Avatar. You can’t even really accurately adjust for foreign inflation. Avatar’s average ticket price was higher than today’s, and it had exchange rates that gave it upwards of $500 million compared to today’s rates. But nobody states that Endgame sold substantially more tickets because that requires a bit more knowledge and research than the adjusted for inflation circle jerk.

• Like 8

52 minutes ago, Doctor Stark said:

EXACTLY. These people were using those factors to state why it couldn’t reach these heights, saying that they were huge disadvantages. Now that it actually beat Avatar, this is somehow the greatest, most unfair set of advantages any movie has ever had. And I personally hate adjusting for inflation, especially for Avatar. You can’t even really accurately adjust for foreign inflation. Avatar’s average ticket price was higher than today’s, and it had exchange rates that gave it upwards of $500 million compared to today’s rates. But nobody states that Endgame sold substantially more tickets because that requires a bit more knowledge and research than the adjusted for inflation circle jerk.

Because it sold more 3d tickets? Let's be clear this is to the merit of the movie, it's what the movie was selling itself on. It's not some external advantage

4 minutes ago, Alexdube said:

Because it sold more 3d tickets? Let's be clear this is to the merit of the movie, it's what the movie was selling itself on. It's not some external advantage

100%. But because those had such a high price, I don’t think it makes much sense to adjust for ticket price inflation when Avatar’s tickets are already higher than the average ticket price today. But of course it is a huge credit to that movie, and no money should be subtracted or downplayed because of that. Getting people to spend more on a ticket is no easy feat.