kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

3 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

Moderation: this is not the fucking Avatar thread. Cut it out now.

About time! I was tired of the fycking avatar/titanic talk in the ‘Endgame’ box office thread. Take the Avatar bullshite somewhere else.

12 minutes ago, baumer said:

With Chinas run over

With NA run winding down

End Game is going to come up just short of the WW record. 

Too bad. 

Assuming no labor expansion and that Disney doesn't help it one bit I agree and no re release of course.

Edited by cdsacken

44 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Endgame is a better reviewed film than Avatar, but it will never get nominated for best picture or any of those categories. It’s foolish to think otherwise. Comic book movies still have extreme bias against them for Awards nominations. It’s just simply won’t garner the awards attention Avatar will get.

It really isnt fair to call avatar being fairly treated by the academy.. we all knew its there for the audience... i did hope it would win but only coz oscar seasons lately(2000+)tend to underdeliver as did 2009/2010 one... PS cant believe i got dragged into this "argument"... 

TTVOMJ

36 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Trajectory projection without any re-release.

USA

China

Rest

WW

Change

Week 0

Week 1

Week 2

-63.42%

Week 3

-60.44%

Week 4

-50.93%

Week 5

-53.33%

Week 6

-48.98%

Week 7

-40.00%

Rest

Total

You already applied hard drop for  EG in the next 2 weeks in this projection?

Iron Man 3 have added domestically over $36 million after Memorial Day. Endgame will be at $803.3 mln tomorrow, if it add similiar number, it will finish with around $840M, maybe a little bit more. +$631M from China, +$1.285B from the rest of the world = $2.76B worldwide.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Agafin said:

It would be quite funny if EG ends up higher than Avatar's first run ($2749m) but below the current number ($2787m) which includes the re-release. I wasn't tracking BO back in 2010 but those who did probably considered that re-release pretty pointless as it only added $30ish million to its gross. Who would have that it would end up helping Avatar keep its crown a decade later? 

The same thing happened domestically in 2012 when The Avengers surpassed Titanic's original gross ($600m) becoming the first non-Cameron movie to do so, but ultimately failed to top Titanic thanks to the 3D release. 

I didn't even remember that there was any break between Avatar's releases. :P It was like one, long initial run, so I wouldn't give a damn when Endgame beats Avatar's original run.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Juby said:

I didn't even remember that there was any break between Avatar's releases.

It was a special edition with some different editing choice, making it quite fair to be treated has re-release even if Avatar was probably still in dollar theater .

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Juby said:

Iron Man 3 have added domestically over $36 million after Memorial Day. Endgame will be at $803.3 mln tomorrow, if it add similiar number, it will finish with around $840M, maybe a little bit more. +$631M from China, +$1.285B from the rest of the world = $2.76B worldwide.

China $628.5M-$629M

Can the rest be $1.285B??

22 minutes ago, Juby said:

I didn't even remember that there was any break between Avatar's releases. :P It was like one, long initial run, so I wouldn't give a damn when Endgame beats Avatar's original run.

From reddit BO, 

8th August, 2010 - it ended its first run, it earned 4000$ On its last day and it was in just 1 theatre in whole of USA.

Avatar was in theatres for 234 Days.

On, 27th August,2010 - The Special Edition was released, it earned $1.23M 1st day and was released in 800 theatres.

8 minutes ago, Fake said:

Looks like EG will finish with 2.75B or so. Not bad by any means, but coming so close to the all-time record and missing it.... does cause some disappointment.

a finish of 2750-2760+  then its up to disney 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GOATPeterJackson said:

Does Titanic have a badly losing record h2h against Endgame like Fed does against Rafa and Nole?

I mean technically Rafa (Avatar) and Nole (Endgame) did beat Fed (Titanic) at the US Open (North America), French Open (international) and Wimbledon (worldwide), so yes? Although it has to be said Fed (Titanic) is considerably older than the other two, so it's not quite fair today.

• Like 1

Problem for endgame domestic is next 2 weeks we will see see 110m+ from openers(multiple movies) without having single uber break out. Last year Solo topped weekend after memorial day with 29m, while week after that Oceans 8 topped with 40m(no other major opener). So endgame will start to shed screens and with 3 hour runtime its number of peak hour shows will be limited.

But disney could push the movie again in August and so we have to wait until labor day to confirm if its over or not. But it looks tougher than last week for sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1