The Panda

The Final Countdown: BOT's Top 100 Movies of All-Time - The List is Complete, The Empire is Dead, I Now Go to the Grey Havens

2 minutes ago, Punishment said:

Yours truly :)

Also, @Auteur Panda, how many lists did Star Wars appear on?

Thanks

33 it says right there in your quoted part of your post

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Punishment said:

Yours truly :)

Also, @Auteur Panda, how many lists did Star Wars appear on?

Thanks

Star Wars was on 54% of the lists so the most of any movie so far!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Even Jim cries at the end of the movie on the commentary track. 

I think part of the reason that we often see Titanic so underrepresented in online culture is because of the male dominance. 

A lot of the teen/early twenties males online may have never even touched a woman, never mind felt a deep emotional love that can stretch across vast distances and really stays with you for the rest of your life. For them watching a man dance around in spandex fighting a man dressed as a clown, or some other spandex clad hyper-gonadal male fight another is far closer to their everyday reality/fantasy than the love we see in Titanic does, and perhaps ever will. 

In a way those of us that can truly appreciate Titanic should pity those that lack that same capacity. 

As opposed to the many clearly meaningful and emotional loves experienced by a man who spends his free time going onto movie forums to whine about people liking superhero films, while simultaneously obsessing over the director of Piranha 2. And I do hate to be the bearer of bad news here, but it doesn't matter how much you try to suck his dick. Jim's never going to fuck you.

But yeah, Titanic's pretty neat.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, rukaio101 said:

As opposed to the many clearly meaningful and emotional loves experienced by a man who spends his free time going onto movie forums to whine about people liking superhero films, while simultaneously obsessing over the director of Piranha 2. And I do hate to be the bearer of bad news here, but it doesn't matter how much you try to suck his dick. Jim's never going to fuck you.

But yeah, Titanic's pretty neat.

Didn't mean to touch a nerve there rukaio, keep your chin up, I'm sure you'll eventually find a nice girl/guy who also likes Japanese children's cartoons. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1

13 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Wonderful post Two Misfits! I don't know how you can watch this film without getting emotion because I can't even hold back the tears on the rewatches. Jim fires on all cylinders which is why it won 11 oscars and is the best performing theatrical box office run in post home cinema history.

Heres a Jimbo theory that may or may not be true. Most posters here will not have seen it in Cinema so immersion isn't a sure thing. The problem with the IMDB generation of film watchers is they can't watch films without distractions. On their phones all the way through the film... on their computer but got Titanic on in the background??? No wonder they don't feel the emotions.

Titanic and Avatar rely on 100% attention which is why they're regarded as films at their best when seen in Cinema.

Personally i'm just not a very emotional person and I haven't cried since I was a little child (not just with movies, but in real life as well), so if a movie requires you to be sad to work, then it probably won't do as well with me.

1 minute ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Didn't mean to touch a nerve there rukaio, keep your chin up, I'm sure you'll eventually find a nice girl/guy who also likes Japanese children's cartoons. 

Jesus JCS he has a family (or wants one of his own)

• Haha 1

• Community Manager
4 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

I'm giving you a verbal warning. Please respect other cultures.

Oh and you and @rukaio101 cut it out. You two are adults. Please act like it and be respectful.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

The fact that only 23 of you put this on your list means than the other 38/39 of you need to get your multi-media devices out and watch this movie (b/c that's the only reason it shouldn't be on there:).  Biggest travesty on the list that less than 40% of you put this in your top 100s anywhere...

It's pretty good. Not top 100 material.

• Like 1

Titanic is a very boring movie where the pacing only picks up in the 3rd act. Its music annoys me (greatly), the characters and most of the dialogue is corny and i never gave a f*ck about any of them. I was happy when Jack died and hoped for Kate Winslet to die as well as she annoyed me. From a historical perspective its subpar at best and, again, its too f*cking long.

God, i just hate Titanic.

And im fully aware that the absolute majority here disagrees with me which is more than fine. No movie will ever be universally loved. There are always some people who dont get why certain films are loved or hated by a majority. Because the enjoyment of a film, like any art, is subjective. Thats also why these debates we have here are so much fun, because it shows how different various people can react to the same thing. 

Edited by Brainbug
  • Like 2
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1

12 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

I'm giving you a verbal warning. Please respect other cultures.

Oh and you and @rukaio101 cut it out. You two are adults. Please act like it and be respectful.

This is odd quite odd rukaio101 personally attacked JCS first, perhaps bias has come into this decision? Rukaio101's avatar (profile pic) is literally from a Japanese children's cartoon called Gintama (a shounen anime)... this comes across as a destain for JCS.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Thanks 1

• Community Manager
2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

T H E Y  B O T H  C O U L D N ' T  H A V E  B E E N  O N  T H E  P A I N T I N G

Nobody is arguing they should have both been in the painting. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

T H E Y  B O T H  C O U L D N ' T  H A V E  B E E N  O N  T H E  P A I N T I N G

It was a board but regardless - Then go down together if she loved him so much. 

Just another example of the rich living on the Titanic and the poor dying. 

Feh

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

• Community Manager
2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

This is odd quite odd rukaio101 personally attacked JCS first, perhaps bias has come into this decision? Rukaio101 avatar (profile pic) is literally from a Japanese children's cartoon called Gintama (a shounen)... this comes across as a destain for JCS.

I think JCS crossed a line too. Not just against rukaio but against large segments of the forum. Stuff like this:

A lot of the teen/early twenties males online may have never even touched a woman, never mind felt a deep emotional love that can stretch across vast distances and really stays with you for the rest of your life. For them watching a man dance around in spandex fighting a man dressed as a clown, or some other spandex clad hyper-gonadal male fight another is far closer to their everyday reality/fantasy than the love we see in Titanic does, and perhaps ever will.

• Like 2

Just now, TalismanRing said:

Then go down together if she loved him so much. 

Just another example of the rich living on the Titanic and the poor dying. 

Feh

Would Jack have wanted Rose to die with him?  Clearly he wouldn't have.  He wanted her to live a full life.  Why would doing the exact opposite of what he wanted to happen be an act of love?

• Like 2