The Panda

The Final Countdown: BOT's Top 100 Movies of All-Time - The List is Complete, The Empire is Dead, I Now Go to the Grey Havens

5 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

This is one of the worst takes I've seen...and that's saying something since this is BOT...

Pffft

And you haven't even heard me mocking this movie for wining best screenplay.

Jack! Rose! Jack! Rose! Jack! Rose! Jack! Glub! Glub!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

Pffft

And you haven't even heard me mocking this movie for wining best screenplay.

Jack! Rose! Jack! Rose! Jack! Rose! Jack! Glub! Glub!

This is nitpicking to the extreme.  they say their names a lot so that makes it a bad screenplay??????

Well, I'll never watch Titanic, so I don't care about the ending and what it means.

Plus other posts seem to be full of righteous indignation which seems strangely fitting for discussing Titanic. All this could have been avoided if people just stopped voting for Titanic. (meant for poking fun, not anything more sinister)

10 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

I can't see what is it in JCS' post that was offensive. It was quite insightful and truthful about the predominant online culture...

It was insulting. As much as I love Titanic, it’s ridiculous to believe that some men don’t like it simply because they haven’t experienced love or have no hope of finding a partner. People are capable of connecting with a movie that portrays something they’ve never experienced and vice versa. It’s not just males who don’t like Titanic and not liking Titanic doesn’t make you automatically superhero movie fan. There was a lot wrong with that post. 

Edited by Deja23

• Community Manager
6 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

What was the insult? 

8 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

I can't see what is it in JCS' post that was offensive. It was quite insightful and truthful about the predominant online culture...

Calling people who don't like Titanic virgins is not insightful and is definitely an insult since it was clearly written in a derajotory manner. If you didn't mean it that way JCS, well that's how it came across to me. 

2 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

“Look, it’s very, very simple,” says Cameron, “you read page 147 of the script and it says, ‘Jack gets off the board and gives his place to her so that she can survive.’ It’s that simple. You can do all the post-analysis you want. So you’re talking about the ‘MythBusters’ episode, right? Where they sort of pop the myth? OK, so let’s really play that out: you’re Jack, you’re in water that’s 28 degrees, your brain is starting to get hypothermia. ‘MythBusters’ asks you to now go take off your life vest, take hers off, swim underneath this thing, attach it in some way that it won’t just wash out two minutes later — which means you’re underwater tying this thing on in 28-degree water, and that’s going to take you five to ten minutes, so by the time you come back up you’re already dead. So that wouldn’t work. His best choice was to keep his upper body out of the water and hope to get pulled out by a boat or something before he died.”

He added, “They’re fun guys and I loved doing that show with them, but they’re full of shit.”

james-cameron-psa.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

This is nitpicking to the extreme.  they say their names a lot so that makes it a bad screenplay??????

Not to mention a lot of it ignores the context of some of the scenes, like the one where she's in the freezing water and trying desperately to find him.  What was she supposed to do, not say his name?

Just now, Water Bottle said:

Calling people who don't like Titanic virgins is not insightful and is definitely an insult since it was clearly written in a derajotory manner. If you didn't mean it that way JCS, well that's how it came across to me. 

I wasn't calling anyone a virgin, I meant to make the exact point that I did make, that having the experience of real love deepens ones appreciation of Titanic, which given the demographics of the internet I made certain conclusions about. 

It was not meant in a derogatory (if that's what you meant, I have no idea what the word you wrote means otherwise), I was merely expounding on what @TwoMisfits had already so eloquently said. 

My response to rakio was as a result of what I inferred to be a homophobic attack (although as I have already said I personally don't feel insulted with the idea of performing sexually acts with James Cameron). To which I responded with a literal fact - of him liking Japanese Children's cartoons (as so clearly shown in his avatar). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Auteur Panda Sorry maybe I am an idiot but I don't get how Star Wars with these list placements :

Number 1 Placements:  1

Top 5 Placements: 4

Top 10 Placements: 7

Top 25 Placements: 14

Can top Titanic with these list placements :

Number 1 Placements: 4

Top 5 Placements: 8

Top 10 Placements: 12

Top 25 Placements: 15

I am of course just interested in the numbers and not discussing wich one should be over wich one as I love them both

• Like 3

So today we learned that touching a woman is the way to a deeper understanding and appreciation of Titanic. 

Yo JCS, how about touching a guy if one is gay? Or are all gays incapable of truly understanding Titanic on account of their flaming sexuality?

1 minute ago, RascarCapat said:

@Auteur Panda Sorry maybe I am an idiot but I don't get how Star Wars with these list placements :

I am of course just interested in the numbers and not discussing wich one should be over wich one as I love them both

The same thing happened to me!

Titanic's actual breakdown looks like this. (22 total)

(1) 4 votes

(2-5) 4 votes

(6-10) 4 votes

(11-25) 3 votes

(26-100) 7 votes

where as ANH looked like this (39 total)

(1) 1 vote

(2-5) 3 votes

(6-10) 3 votes

(11-25) 7 votes

(26-100) 25 votes

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Didn't mean to touch a nerve there rukaio, keep your chin up, I'm sure you'll eventually find a nice girl/guy who also likes Japanese children's cartoons. 

Oh gott, this is one of the biggest blow outs I yet to see here, almost painful to read this, it reminds me of yugioh when they get sent to shadow realms. :hahaha:

@JamesCameronScholar made a good point I think after I had my first true love I understood Titanic much better than when I was younger and hadn't really been in love you know. 

Also @Auteur Panda you really good at this list I rerally enjoying it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RascarCapat said:

I think titanic was 'only' 28 times in the top 100 from people and star wars 43 times.

Well what jimbo said

Edited by pepsa

6 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

It was insulting. As much as I love Titanic, it’s ridiculous to believe that some men don’t like it simply because they haven’t experienced love or have no hope of finding a partner. People are capable of connecting with a movie that portrays something they’ve never experienced and vice versa. It’s not just males who don’t like Titanic and not liking Titanic doesn’t make you automatically superhero movie fan. There was a lot wrong with that post. 

No it is the contrary to ridiculous, it is very true. The movie is a hymn to deep,unconditional love. How can you expect people that haven't experienced real love in their lifes to be touched by that movie?

Unless I am reading something wrong, he didn't say that everyone that does not like Titanic is a hopeless virgin. What he did say is that Titanic gets too much shit online because the online crowd is fueled by male teens that either cannot connect with the movie for the reasons stated above or are even too afraid to let themselves get touched. Toxic masculinity is very prominent in the web.

7 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

It's one (glaring) part of what makes it a mediocre screenplay.

yeah I love the movie, saw it at least 12 times in theater and have it in my top 10 but yeah I agree with this complaint and joke about it all the time.

• Like 1