ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

Just now, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Why would it be better received? Huge assumption.

Has there ever been an absolute terrible movie that actually improved with a sequel?

Even without HBO Max, TSS wouldn't have come close to Suicide Squad

This movie will surely be the Magnum Opus Best Picture nominee though. It's guaranteed!!! 

Some of you keep overestimating how bad Eternals reception will impact on a sequel 

Thor get a B+ cinemascore, the sequel is probably the most hated MCU movie by fans and still it grow up, and after 2 bad received movies in a roll, Ragnarok still blowed up lol 

Eternals 2 is probably coming in 2025, i bet even further. Nobody will even remember Eternals was that poorly received by then to hurt it's box office, especially if they ended up on the Avengers 5-6 movies and made a good impression. 

Of course they need to correct a lot of things, but expect a bomb years prior release is funny

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Why would it be better received? Huge assumption.

Has there ever been an absolute terrible movie that actually improved with a sequel?

Even without HBO Max, TSS wouldn't have come close to Suicide Squad

Yes, it is an assumption. That’s how prognostication works.

Typically a poorly received movie wouldn’t get a sequel to begin with but this is the MCU and if it’s a better received film (this is an assumption!) then it won’t go down from the first. I guarantee that.

1 minute ago, Ecks Ecks Are said:

Yes, it is an assumption. That’s how prognostication works.

Typically a poorly received movie wouldn’t get a sequel to begin with but this is the MCU and if it’s a better received film (this is an assumption!) then it won’t go down from the first. I guarantee that.

I think this can do 75M for sure... in total

37 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Can't wait. Finally, we all get to enjoy a MCU movie outright bombing at the box office.

Bring Gemma Chan back to stare confusingly at things and Jon Snow doing his I know nothing face as well.

Let's start the bidding at 40M OW.

Over 100M

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TMP said:

Why stop there, why not over $200m 😂 y’all are too much sometimes 😂😂😂

Because $200M is crazy but $100M isn't much of a stretch. The first one made $71.5M OW with poor reception near the height of a pandemic. 

Ragnarok increased OW 43% from poorly received TDW. IM3 increased 36% over poorly received IM2. Neither of these had the benefit of major ticket price inflation like this sequel will. 

• Like 1