ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

13 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

not everyone is a hero or a villain.

not every decision is supposed to be heroic or villainous.

Kingo loved Ikarus. He understood he isn't human and what he is supposed to do. BUT he also loved humans and his other fellow Eternals.

So he decide to SIT it out. That's an insanely difficult choice and choice well done. 

Being neutral at the time of fire is standing with the one who lit it.

He didn't sit anything out, he risked annihilation of Earth..... And while his decision could be understandable, from AUDIENCE perspective, it does not make him a character to root for.

6 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Being neutral at the time of fire is standing with the one who lit it.

He didn't sit anything out, he risked annihilation of Earth..... And while his decision could be understandable, from AUDIENCE perspective, it does not make him a character to root for.

nobody's perfect.

He didn't just risked annihilation of Earth but also killing of a Celestial, the reason for his own existence. Earth was nothing but a glorified garden for Tiamut.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

not everyone is a hero or a villain.

not every decision is supposed to be heroic or villainous.

Kingo loved Ikarus. He understood he isn't human and what he is supposed to do. BUT he also loved humans and his other fellow Eternals.

So he decide to SIT it out. That's an insanely difficult choice and choice well done. 

Have no issue with kingo decision but I feel  should have been written better.

Cause it's like he just disappears from the movie that can feel jarring to the audience.

This movie had some good themes but lacked the emotive language to communicate and IMO it's comes from the characters being bland .

Sometimes if one is not emotionally invested in the character ,they can't relate with their decisions though they make sense.

Liked I said in my initial thoughts months ago is what this movie fails most  is it's characters .

Cersi -icarus  relationship is so fucking dull. They just  meet ,years pass and they just marry then we get a lifeless sex scene with nothing within to develop this relationship which is just terrible character writing. The whole first act is basically how I've described this👆. Things just happen with zero character development.

10 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Also FB3 did like 800 mil on a service with like half the subs as D+. I guess it should get a sequel because of its good streaming numbers.

Nielson numbers are US only, where HBO/HBO Max have more subs than Disney+ lol

7 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Nielsen only tracks Max and not HBO which definitely doesn't have more subs than D+. 

Almost everyone that has HBO has access to HBO Max, if someone with HBO wanted to watch it, they absolutely can.

3 hours ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Have no issue with kingo decision but I feel  should have been written better.

Cause it's like he just disappears from the movie that can feel jarring to the audience.

They should have had him come and finish his documentary. I think that would’ve been a way to get him there, without having him actually fight. Because if he’s a true documentary artist, he needs to follow his story to the end!!

As someone who really enjoyed the movie (I don’t know if you boys know that), I feel like a sequel could be banging. Because a lot of the issues with the first one can be avoided. I felt, honestly, that it took too long to get started. Kit Harrington‘s character should not of been in the movie. He was a distraction. And I felt like we had to introduce everyone to him, and then we almost re-introduced them. So I felt like it had to first acts. 

But once it got to the third act it was just amazing. So in the second movie we don’t need to introduce anyone. We don’t need to spend time on the. We can just get the to the giant space gods. I am ready for more giant space gods.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Nielsen only tracks Max and not HBO which definitely doesn't have more subs than D+. 

Eternals seems to have 1.4B+ minutes in its first week. 0.5B in 2nd.

If I am reading this correct.

https://deadline.com/2022/02/ozark-nielsen-streaming-encanto-archive-81-netflix-1234956046/amp/

57 minutes ago, dax33 said:

Almost everyone that has HBO has access to HBO Max, if someone with HBO wanted to watch it, they absolutely can.

But before AT&T stopped reporting it, we know most people didn't activate their HBO Max accounts. This is just off topic at this point and doesnt change my point.

23 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

But before AT&T stopped reporting it, we know most people didn't activate their HBO Max accounts. This is just off topic at this point and doesnt change my point.

AT&T stopped reporting activations in Jan 17 2021, they've released an entire slate of movies since then, not to mention shows. You're right it's off topic because they reporting HBO/HBO Max numbers combined and they have more subs than Disney+ in US.

I would love a sequel to this like I said earlier but that may be far-fetched.

That being said, I just want these characters to return in some capacity or fashion. And to have a meaningful role going forward. They're fleshed out and have clear motivations and a clear history. 

Contrary to most I loved Sersi's... calmness. Everyone says she's a terrible actress and character but I appreciate how calm and collected she is. She's not extravagant like most heroes are, she's mild and low-key. I think it was a great change of pace. Some of us introverts can identify ourselves in such a character!

Edited by Daxtreme

17 hours ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Eternals will have a sequel?? 

MCU is really losing the plot.

13 hours ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Great news. The first 1 is really mature and fresh.

this is The Marvel i know

You folks should start reading the Hollywood Trades (Variety, Hollywood Reporter, Deadline) and stop reading random internet/Twitter peeps.  Eternals has no sequel in the making...yet.  3-4 pages of speculation based on a Tweet with no evidence whatsoever.   

Shang-Chi sequel is being officially developed.  

Edited by Macleod

No one has a problem  with gemma chan's being calm it's just that she has no character  in this film.

Their is a british tv series called humans where she plays as a synthetic ,her emotional range in that is light years better than in eternals.

@Daxtreme kind of an introvert too.  There are lots of calm and introvert characters in media for example rami malek in mr robot  that are so well done

Sersi lacks urgency in the plot,she is the leader of the eternals but that barely registers . What is her desire,need,weakness,fears ,goal etc.. she just sleepwalks through the movie as a simple love interest and character exposition.

Why avengers esp the first movie  work IMO is that we get all this characters with different dynamics and traits coming together and bouncing of each other.

Eternals is basically kingo and the rest are in bland default setting for the most part. 

Kingo is the best part of this movie,he has a clearly  defined history and has chemistry with his buttler friend and the duo inject the movie with much needed energy.

This movie had a stellar cast, the problem was the director.

Edited by Liiviig 1998

2 hours ago, Daxtreme said:

That being said, I just want these characters to return in some capacity or fashion. And to have a meaningful role going forward. They're fleshed out and have clear motivations and a clear history. 

Disagree . The movie doesn't care about their history at all and barely gives any background and development on it except just some lines of exposition.

Kingo is fleshed out , icarus is decent ,The rest aren't and their development is barely existent IMO.

Avengers had 5 movies introducing characters and mithology, of course it have a very strong Dynamic. 

The main problem with Eternals is the excess of characters, it's not only 6, it's 10 of them and none was previously introduced despite all being too relevant for the plot. 

It's a conceptual problem that could be even worse if ended up with 12 Eternals like it was supposed to have. 

3 hours ago, Nero said:

As Deep said Marvel should definitely make a sequel for this (cause that would be a bold choice & it may turn out better). BO will be good too (kinda like AM & TW

If it's good. AM& TW numbers would be fine and acceptable but nothing to write home about.

Despite all that, i think Sersi was the right lead. She's in the perfect spot between all the circunstances and ended up with the most interesting and human conflict. 

I would love to see this being developed more properly, this movie maybe would work better as a TV show, but still i can relate with her.