ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

1 minute ago, Orestes said:

Universal having distribution rights for Hulk films cans Hulk films.

And the MCU Hulk solo film did not do well at the box office. Hulk does seem to work best on screen as an ensemble charecter.

Dear Kevin - The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do, and what a man can't do.

For instance, you could've let this movie be forgotten, lost in the abyss, pretending it never happened, ignoring its existence..... But you couldn't do it, you want to revive it, and with the same director, and now probably setting up for another embarrassment.

4 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Why would it be better received? Huge assumption.

Has there ever been an absolute terrible movie that actually improved with a sequel?

Even without HBO Max, TSS wouldn't have come close to Suicide Squad

TSS isn't MCU movie. Huge difference. Some people talk like eternals was really poorly received with audience. Most people like that movie than others from Phase 4. Also it's hilarious to see people losing their shit 😂😂😂

3 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Marvel has lost a lot of goodwill and dropped 3 of their least acclaimed films out of their last 4 releases. What would Eternals 2 even have going for it? 

And still they´re opening huge, i mean, what other evidence do you need? 

I don´t know how they´re going to make it, but one thing we all know for sure is that MCU isn´t any franchise, they won´t just put out a sequel in 2026 without giving it a boost in a crossover project and create a context out of it to get people excited, like they did for DS2 and are doing for Captain Marvel.

Like i said, Avengers 5-6 is an excellent opportunity to do that. Speculating [as everyone here predicting a bomb], if the this characters ended up making a good impression and gets a promising plot after getting involved in an Avengers project, do you really believe people will just reject the follow-up because 6 years early they watched a movie that they didn´t loved it? I don´t and i´ll wait until reality proves me wrong.

A lot of titles already leaked lmao & we've kind of idea what next Saga will be called

Spoiler
  • Avengers Eternity Wars
  • Captain America: Red White And Black
  • Nomad
  • Celestials: End of Time (This should be Eternals 2)
  • Eternity Saga
  • Avengers Excursion
  • Avengers Timeless
  • Avengers Academy
  • Timeless Saga
  • Hercules: Rise or the Gods
  • Sam Wilson Captain America
  • The Black Knight: Origins
  • Shang-Chi and the Wreckage of Time
  • Runaways: New Era
  • Red Guardian: Generations
  • Midnight Sons

Edited by Factcheck

Eternals wasn’t the amazing Oscar potential film that we all wanted it to be but it’s also not the worst MCU film by any stretch of the word(that would be a tie between Thor 2 and Captain Marvel and even those films have their enjoyable moments). The movie was just ok and I guess that’s a unforgivable sin in some fan circles. I still think the cinematography in it blows away most Marvel movies and the score is aces. I loved Ikaris’ twist and I just think they should shift the focus to some of the other Eternals in a sequel.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Dear Kevin - The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do, and what a man can't do.

For instance, you could've let this movie be forgotten, lost in the abyss, pretending it never happened, ignoring its existence..... But you couldn't do it, you want to revive it, and with the same director, and now probably setting up for another embarrassment.

I thought you were doing the Thanos speech about the Avengers’ inability to deal with failure. 
But I needed a picture. 

Edited by Mr Terrific