ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

1 minute ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Box office isn't the only money movies make. In fact, the main purpose of box office is to cover the release cost, budget is covered from TV, streaming and home media itself.

That ,frankly is crap. The subidary profits are nice, but it's the profits from threatrical release that makes or breaks a threatrical film.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dudalb said:

That ,frankly is crap. The subidary profits are nice, but it's the profits from threatrical release that makes or breaks a threatrical film.

I mean, this is just not true though. Theatrical rev is often about 60% of total revenue in deadline’s analyses which leave out some secondary sources of return — the normal state of affairs for successful movies is total rev>total costs>theatrical rev, so the ancillary stuff is what makes it “make” instead of “break.”

Some of you are overreacting. 

Box office for Eternals would definitely be bigger with better reception, but still did very fine, pretty much the same Shang Chi did. 

And the movie is far from hated, i know some people think a movie reception ends with Cinemascore but it's not always the case. On social media, since released, pretty much every week i see a semi-viral compliment tweets about Eternals, many people saying they dislike it when saw it first but it's growing on them, etc. 

It's definitely not a consensus, but it is gaining more respect and have a very loving fanbase that it's growing. Fwiw, the movie also was massive on streaming, for a movie people act like everyone hate, pulling such strong numbers after theatrical release is a very positive sign.

There's no reason for Marvel to dump these characters, they're already presented along their mithology, the most difficult part is past now. And honestly they doesn't need to change the director, she didn't get pretty much any hate or people dismissing her talent because of this movie, the main complain was the script leading to mess which was already written when she came aboard (she changed some things but still the base was there). Just be more careful with the script next time and they're fine.

15 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Shang Chi cost a lot less then Eternals, and actully made a decent profit for Disney. And ,IMHO, it was a lot more fun then the Eternals.

That’s what I mean Shang Chi 2 is easily going to grow its audience. Eternals 2? Probably not. 

1 minute ago, charlie Jatinder said:

So just words and no follow up. Sort of knew it. 

I just posted my review. I hope you check it out. But I need clarification since you're so invested. All Marvel movies off-limit? Or just the MCU? Will you combust and seethe if I give my opinion on Madame Web next year?

2 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

I just posted my review. I hope you check it out. But I need clarification since you're so invested. All Marvel movies off-limit? Or just the MCU? Will you combust and seethe if I give my opinion on Madame Web next year?

No thanks. I will do just fine.

Entirely upto you. If I recall you said "marvel movies die", so depend on your definition, if its just MCU or other Marvel too. For now MCU alone should be fine. Looking forward to not see you in any of MCU related threads.

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I guess it was too good to be true scenario for you to actually follow your words with actions.

You're so angry and upset at someone for having pretty consensus opinions on superhero movies that you didn't bother to properly read what was even said? Lol. 

I said if there truly was an Eternals 2, that would be a final straw for me and make me feel like I'm wasting my time with these movies I once truly felt invested in. And I think a lot of people would feel the same way. (again, considering the reception of the last movie and current shakiness of Phase 4, hardly an insane take by any measure). So what actions am I to take since, you know, there's no Eternals 2

• Haha 1