ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

Well I'm convinced..Twitter and Streaming sensation The Eternels will get a sequel...The film only lost 200mill for the studio so the sequel will probably carry a 250mill budget to be released in 2025 alongside the sequel to Lightyear another  Twitter and streaming sensation......:sparta:

• Haha 1

Eternals will go The Suicide Squad way.

Problem with Eternals is that it lacks one of the biggest strength of Marvel Cinematic Universe - CHARACTERS. 

Great, Memorable, Likeable characters are what made MCU what it is today, aside from their trademark fun & overall quality.

Now i will find it hard to believe, no matter how much you convince me that public care about these Bunch of characters, much less that they actually love them like basically majority of MCU characters, so why would they come to theater to watch some bland & boring characters again. 

In 2014 MCU released a movie about basically unknown Space Team who became loved and pop culture favourites..... This Unknown Bunch of Space Team is basically Anti Guardians.

BTW I'm not saying that every Eternals character was bland, but the main focus of the movie such as Icarus, Sersi, Kingo, Phastos etc were absolutely trash.

Now 10% chances that Eternals has to be a success, if if they can focus on characters like Thena, Druig, Makkari and introduce some fun & charismatic new characters.

Forget about Serisi, Icarus, Phastos, Kingo..... Focus on Fun & Charismatic, and there's a 10% chance that audiences forgive you for wasting their money with Eternals. 

Kingo is apparently the Fun and Charismatic character yet he was cool with brutal death of the earth and everyone on it..

Yeah I'm sure everyone will root for him and forgive him because of his unfunny oneliners..

Just Horrible and unlikable characters...A soft reboot and so much more is needed

24 minutes ago, Hades said:

Kingo is apparently the Fun and Charismatic character yet he was cool with brutal death of the earth and everyone on it..

Yeah I'm sure everyone will root for him and forgive him because of his unfunny oneliners..

Just Horrible and unlikable characters...A soft reboot and so much more is needed

As an Indian,  I'm appalled that decision makers think that Kingo is what Indian Movie Superstars are like. I mean leave Superstar, he wouldn't even be side hero.

And neither do Indian movies have such song sequences in movie, nor do they dance like that. Horrible, just plain Horrible from start to finish.

Also am i supposed to believe that his loyal assistant is still loyal to him after he bailed on humanity and him lol, and that audiences watching should feel he is a hero..... what a mind numbingly stupid moment.

2 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

The balls it would require for them to make a sequel is why I want a sequel.

This is a Studio which made a tree & racoon duo as household names. 

Problem is Eternals wasn't enough studio, it was director..... If they announce Eternals 2 then they'll have to go less director and more studio.

1 minute ago, Menor Reborn said:

The amount of people who still somehow don't understand Kingo's decision....it was so incredibly obvious in the movie.

The point is, from audience perspective this person bailed on humans, whether Audience understand his decision or not, but don't sell him as a hero to people now.

You can't have both, those who fought for humanity and earth are our heroes, those who bailed are not.

4 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

The point is, from audience perspective this person bailed on humans, whether Audience understand his decision or not, but don't sell him as a hero to people now.

You can't have both, those who fought for humanity and earth are our heroes, those who bailed are not.

Humanity is not the only species in the universe.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

It’s the only species you’re apart of bucko, best show some proper priorities 

Spoiler

Or… is it 👀

Edited by Legion and Thunder
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

BTW I'm not saying that every Eternals character was bland, but the main focus of the movie such as Icarus, Sersi, Kingo, Phastos etc were absolutely trash.

Now 10% chances that Eternals has to be a success, if if they can focus on characters like Thena, Druig, Makkari and introduce some fun & charismatic new characters.

Forget about Serisi, Icarus, Phastos, Kingo..... Focus on Fun & Charismatic, and there's a 10% chance that audiences forgive you for wasting their money with Eternals. 

Keep kingo ,druig and thena and give makari more screentime . 

Black night should be in blade and remain on the supernatural side.

The rest should be scrapped including the writing team and yes the very talented chloe zhao as director too.

With a few cameos down the line and eternals should be as successful as they need unless they are comfortable with antman/antman 2 numbers.

I feel  I'm being generous on the antman 2 side though esp if reception is not good again

Edited by Liiviig 1998

9 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

I'm not talking about humanity, I'm talking about audience.

In the movie Audience are shown that this person bailed on our planet.

Great way to create a likeable and a character to root for.

19 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

not everyone is a hero or a villain.

not every decision is supposed to be heroic or villainous.

Kingo loved Ikarus. He understood he isn't human and what he is supposed to do. BUT he also loved humans and his other fellow Eternals.

So he decide to SIT it out. That's an insanely difficult choice and choice well done. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

This is a Studio which made a tree & racoon duo as household names. 

Problem is Eternals wasn't enough studio, it was director..... If they announce Eternals 2 then they'll have to go less director and more studio.

Not sure I would go with more studio but I definitely agree director was the issue.

For MOM,TLT,BW you clearly can see the studio had a major hand in quality issues ,shrinked runtimes,rushed subplots and same ,terrible uneven cgi .yeah cgi hasn't been great always for marvel but phase 4 has taken it up a notch. The majority of phase 4 has been plagued by more studio interference esp for the D+ shows which majority feels rushed for subscriber content.

They gave chloe lots of freedom ,the movie had ample runtime, nothing feels rushed but the characters with the exception of kingo are so severely underveloped and one dimensional, plot is extremely thin,

First half of the movie is like a slow moving crash with exposition dump, character death with zero development of the character.

The only thing interesting thing about the world was arimesh ,the rest was  a slog . 

Villians were some cgi mess and didn't make sense.

This movie has enough time to craft an engaging story but it just fails to do so IMO.