ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

5 hours ago, No Eternals Spoilers 4 Cap said:

God I am gonna throw up. So nervous about these. 

I just wanted to have 100% RT reading and Chloe to be declared Queen Of Everything. Is that too much to ask?

I like these reactions better than a “best marvel movie ever”. It sounds like they took some risks in the storytelling and King Feige is laying his dick out on the table for those who come at these movies as “all the same” or “too much cgi fights” or “not real cinema”.

It sounds like there will be much to talk about with this movie for years to come in endless debates that go nowhere. Huh. I guess it IS like Man of Steel.

8 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

I like these reactions better than a “best marvel movie ever”. It sounds like they took some risks in the storytelling and King Feige is laying his dick out on the table for those who come at these movies as “all the same” or “too much cgi fights” or “not real cinema”.

It sounds like there will be much to talk about with this movie for years to come in endless debates that go nowhere. Huh. I guess it IS like Man of Steel.

Yes. Best-movie-eva reactions are useless. They imply a movie has no flaw and that's never the case. So I prefer reactions that give both strengths and weaknesses. Since it's MCU, pacing problems are expected. Exposition is expected. Wonky third act is expected (though, to Eternals credit, this weakness hasn't been mentioned so maybe it has a strong third act). I like that Eternals strengths are character work, the feel that it's an actual movie as opposed to a build up to the next movie (something MCU movies tend to suffer especially the ones with the SHIELD popping up to explain how a movie connects to a larger universe), that it has its own distinctive visual style, that it's very big in scope.

Also, as others pointed out, no reason to panic given how many movies this year went through a review score rollercoaster where they didn't start off stellar but had a stellar finish with high ratings (The Last Duel, Dune).  So wait til Nov 4 before putting Mixed in the headline lol. 

5 hours ago, RealLyre said:

pretty shitty that Marvel puts out the premiere 2 weeks before normal people can see it when they know spoilers will be everywhere. if a film has something worth spoiling over then it's premiere should be on the weekend of release like with the avengers movies imo

....Avengers never had their premiere on the weekend of release. What are you talking about🤔

• Disbelief 1

3 minutes ago, Movie nerd said:

FCBuIxHXIAEcg_R?format=jpg&name=smallApparently it's a stinker according to this guy, we will see soon enough. 

But yeah, agree with him in that regard, even if it was a mess critics would treat it with kid gloves, american critics nowadays are very often self made activists first and foremost. 

Jordan Ruimy the same guy who said Spencer was recused at NYFF? Or the same guy who said Tragedy Of Macbeth skip some festivals because it's dull? Or even the same guy who said French Dispatch good reviews aren't real and people are praising without like it only to support cinema?

Must be true then lol

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Movie nerd said:

AFCBuIxHXIAEcg_R?format=jpg&name=smallApparently it's a stinker according to this guy, we will see soon enough. 

But yeah, agree with him in that regard, even if it was a mess critics would treat it with kid gloves, american critics nowadays are very often self made activists first and foremost. 

Apparently nothing bc its only his opinion , most of the people really liked the movie how much i really cant say though it seems more like dune than a typical mcu movie.As for the rest his comment about reviews is idiotic to say the least, people forget that critics if they really dont like a film they will just say it see venom for example, or transformers movies what about the lion king (2019) or rise of skywalker, ENOUGH with this stupid narrative that doesnt make sense.

Edited by john2000
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, john2000 said:

Apparently nothing bc its only his opinion , most of the people really liked the movie how much i really cant say though it seems more like dune than a typical mcu movie.As for the rest his comment about reviews is idiotic to say the least, people forget that critics if they really dont like a film they will just say it see venom for example, or transformers movies what about the lion king (2019) or rise of skywalker, ENOUGH with this stupid narrative that doesnt make sense.

Honestly, i even doubt he saw the movie. This man is a joke i'm surprised someone have balls to use him as source.

But i shouldn't expect less from someone who said "critics nowadays are very often selfmade activists"

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Honestly, i even doubt he saw the movie. This man is a joke i'm surprised someone have balls to use him as source.

He's been right a bunch of times lol. Just because you don't like him doesn't mean he's lying (for a matter of fact, he wasn't the only one who said Macbeth got rejected by a certain European film fest and French Dispatch, which he also knew was in talks to go to T-ride even when a major trade denied it, has been getting divisive reception from the American press).

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1

Personally  prefer this reviews have made more excited than best marvel movie reactions which ultimately dissapoint me abit. 

This reviews ain't mixed but pretty positive overall but they ain't as glowing as shangchi. Basically what I'm getting is more dense  character driven and different from other MCU flicks . some youtubers reviewers are saying they need time to process it and don't know how audience will react.

With all the oscar talk for this I've not gathered alot of oscar chatter buzz words from the reviews.

This movie was so overhyped, trailers were just fine and all this possible best marvel movie, some user saying it getting multiple nominations at the oscars just honestly made me skeptical but seeing this reviews I'm intrigued

This will settle around 80's on RT 

56 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

well, at least he is very handsome dumb look or not ha ha. Though Madden has a more perfect matinee idol look. And has been a better actor in everything I've seen him post-GOT. Bodyguard in particular is amazing.

Richard Madden is definitely a more well rounded actor.

4 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

He's been right a bunch of times lol. Just because you don't like him doesn't mean he's lying (for a matter of fact, he wasn't the only one who said Macbeth got rejected by a certain European film fest and French Dispatch, which he also knew was in talks to go to T-ride even when a major trade denied it, has been getting divisive reception from the American press).

It's not about being divisive (which it isn't imo), he said specifically the people giving good reviews are straight up lying, i mean, come on.

Just now, ThomasNicole said:

It's not about being divisive (which it isn't imo), he said specifically the people giving good reviews are straight up lying, i mean, come on.

He must really be confident in his opinion that the movie is not that good. we'll see.

• Like 1

Just now, Valonqar said:

Guys, remember one important thing! None of reactions had the biggest red flag of all red flags that tells you this is a dud but we are afraid to say it. None of them called the movie...AMBITIOUS! 

no ambition = no dud

:Gaga:

But did they call it FUN?

2 minutes ago, Maggie said:

He must really be confident in his opinion that the movie is not that good. we'll see.

Oh i'm sure he is, what bother me is the need of putting his opinions above everyone else every time, like "Eternals is bad but reviews will be positive because people will pretend it's good", to me there's nothing more annoying that people who think their opinions are inquestionable facts.

• Like 1