ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

Samba has been reliable, in my opinion. They use a different metric than Nielsen (number of households vs minutes of consumption), but when something overperforms on Samba, it also does on Nielsen. For example, we have never seen numbers for The Handmaid's Tale or any Hulu hit before, and Samba was the first to point out a pretty big number for the season 4 premiere last year, which was confirmed weeks later in the Nielsen charts. There are many examples of that, like the MCU shows: the ranking of highest to lowest premieres is the same in Samba and Nielsen, and Samba always releases their numbers weeks in advance, which to me makes them very credible.

Edited by Napoleon

Disney collaborates with Samba TV, so from that alone I have to believe their numbers are legit, especially when coming from Disney+, Hulu, or ESPN+.

https://dmedmedia.disney.com/news/disney-ad-sales-tech-showcase

Disney’s collaboration with Samba TV also creates opportunity for Disney Advertising Sales to combine all media assets across one unified cross-platform measurement, servicing the entire purchase funnel.

1 hour ago, Fox20 said:

Again NO ONE is saying Samba is the one measure, if you have other numbers the post yourself the other numbers, it gives the context of the performance, not the full view, you literally said all that to end saying the same I already pointed out.

You are arguing against a different point than the one I making.  There is not enough proof that Samba TV is an accurate measure of streaming viewership and I don't think they should be posted at all or used as a measure of success or failure on here or from sites like Deadline. I'm saying SambaTV numbers shouldn't be posted at all. If you want I can also make up numbers based off of unrepresentative samples and claim it as fact.

1 hour ago, Fox20 said:

James Gunn did not say Samba was the only metric, he said it's a third party option to see HOW they are doing more or less, he talks as well how streaming services keep their numbers very close to themselves and how it's hard to tell.

Ok? Does that make the numbers accurate?

1 hour ago, Fox20 said:

Let alone all the metrics are flawed when most streaming service like Netflix count a couple of minutes as a view.

Netflix (at least to the public) measures viewership by hours watched. What's flawed about that?

23 minutes ago, AnotherDayAnotherDollar said:

Disney collaborates with Samba TV, so from that alone I have to believe their numbers are legit, especially when coming from Disney+, Hulu, or ESPN+.

https://dmedmedia.disney.com/news/disney-ad-sales-tech-showcase

Their sales team works with them for cross platform advertising campaign attribution and measuring marketing incrementality across linear + Hulu with ads, not Disney+ (at least they haven't said so publicly). It's used more of a measure of purchase behavior and foot traffic vs. an understanding of competitor's streaming results.

And I still don't think that answers questions around the examples I pulled earlier and how off they are compared to first party providers such as Netflix or gold standards (that still have some of their own problems) such as Nielsen (especially for things such as linear TV and Netflix shows/movies).

**logs onto Twitter**

**Sees Eternals is trending**

Me: Hmmmm what is that about?

If that MF brings out Chloe next Saturday and is like “fuck all you haters, we are doing a sequel”, I am going to ASCEND in that room. 

image.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Astonished 1

Shang-Chi 2 is obvious, but I doubt Eternals gets another feature this decade... I'm sure Feige would love to say "F-it!" and do another one, but Disney controls the purse-strings, and both mixed reviews *and* underwhelming box office is never a good combo.  The characters will return either A) as a Disney+ Limited Series or B ) in pairs or individually in other films/ or in a potential "Secret Wars."  Jolie + Harry Styles, etc.  The other dude will likely be in Blade, right?  

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Cap said:

**logs onto Twitter**

**Sees Eternals is trending**

Me: Hmmmm what is that about?

If that MF brings out Chloe next Saturday and is like “fuck all you haters, we are doing a sequel”, I am going to ASCEND in that room. 

image.gif

I can see eternals happening but why would they bring back zhao?

Think if it happens they should change  the director . It's going to need one hell of a hook and good

Marketing campaign +  good reviews.

Personally think if  zhao is there it will be for a starwars announcement

Edited by Liiviig 1998

21 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Shang-Chi 2 is obvious, but I doubt Eternals gets another feature this decade... I'm sure Feige would love to say "F-it!" and do another one, but Disney controls the purse-strings, and both mixed reviews *and* underwhelming box office is never a good combo.  The characters will return either A) as a Disney+ Limited Series or B ) in pairs or individually in other films/ or in a potential "Secret Wars."  Jolie + Harry Styles, etc.  The other dude will likely be in Blade, right?  

Yeah agree with U . See eternals getting the hulk treatment for now.

Disney is always reluctant to sink money into projects that are highly feasible and I don't think they can announce  a sequel to divisive movie paired with underwhelming box office so quickly.

Edited by Liiviig 1998

1 hour ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

I can see eternals happening but why would they bring back zhao?

Because she is amazing and the movie was amazing!!

TBH, what I would do, is just call the sequel "Starfox" and push Harry Styles, and act like it's not Eternals 2 even though it is.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Factcheck said:

Eternals 2 is happening & its writer had teased Galactus as villain

https://thedirect.com/article/eternals-galactus-marvel-sequel-exclusive

There is NO WAY they're doing Galactus as the Villain in anything but the FF4 Reboot.

That said, AGAIN, Feige going "Fuck Them Kids" Meme and putting Galactus in E2 would be ICONIC. 

You WILL watch my pet project and you WILL like it!!!!

• Like 1