ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

5 minutes ago, Cap said:

There is NO WAY they're doing Galactus as the Villain in anything but the FF4 Reboot.

That said, AGAIN, Feige going "Fuck Them Kids" Meme and putting Galactus in E2 would be ICONIC. 

You WILL watch my pet project and you WILL like it!!!!

Maybe he wants to destroy the thing he created so he can finally rest. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Cap said:

There is NO WAY they're doing Galactus as the Villain in anything but the FF4 Reboot.

That said, AGAIN, Feige going "Fuck Them Kids" Meme and putting Galactus in E2 would be ICONIC. 

You WILL watch my pet project and you WILL like it!!!!

Couldn't he at least have a few movies or one phase devoted to him as the big bad appearing in numerous films? 

41 minutes ago, Factcheck said:

Eternals 2 is happening & its writer had teased Galactus as villain

https://thedirect.com/article/eternals-galactus-marvel-sequel-exclusive

Factcheck: You need a more factually accurate screen-name.  This is an old interview, from during the film's theatrical release.  And "if audiences want to see it" (as the writer says) has been proven false by the box office and critical/audience feedback!  I doubt it's happening, at least not as a direct feature film sequel.  

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Deep Wang said:

Couldn't he at least have a few movies or one phase devoted to him as the big bad appearing in numerous films? 

That would be neat! He should be treated like the End Boss of End Bosses. But I meant more he is too tied to F4 for them not to be involved in his first fight. 

If they were to include Galactus in an Eternals 2, they could say that he’s a rogue Celestial, but then again, Ego also claimed to be a Celestial, so I don’t know. The God hierarchy of the MCU is convoluted, especially after L&T.

I still don’t see why that article would be proof that it’s happening, though. It’s from last November, and it doesn’t even seem like a credible source. 

Edited by WittyUsername

After Shang Chi, we got rumours off a trade that a sequel was in development and potential spin off series.

It has been 8 months since Eternals came out and nothing, no real rumours and the cast & crew involved have said nothing.

If something does happen with Eternals, I expect a soft reboot is happening.

47 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i'm sure he will but harry styles getting the tim blake nelson in hulk treatment and never showing up again would be pretty funny.

Inb4 tim Blake Nelson shows up this September 

4 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

If they were to include Galactus in an Eternals 2, they could say that he’s a rogue Celestial, but then again, Ego also claimed to be a Celestial, so I don’t know. The God hierarchy of the MCU is convoluted, especially after L&T.

I still don’t see why that article would be proof that it’s happening, though. It’s from last November, and it doesn’t even seem like a credible source. 

The theology of the Marvel Universe never made much sense, frankly.

And how long until the MCU fans admit reality:The Eternals was the first fail the MCU has had in a long time. Audiences did not like it all that much, and with a 400 Million take on a 200 Million production  budget, it probably did not even break even when marketing and advertising are throw in.

As for Galactus, if you are going to do him right, he needs to be proceeded by his herald, the Silver Surfer.

Edited by dudalb

15 minutes ago, dudalb said:

The theology of the Marvel Universe never made much sense, frankly.

And how long until the MCU fans admit reality:The Eternals was the first fail the MCU has had in a long time. Audiences did not like it all that much, and with a 400 Million take on a 200 Million production  budget, it probably did not even break even when marketing and advertising are throw in.

As for Galactus, if you are going to do him right, he needs to be proceeded by his herald, the Silver Surfer.

I think everyone knows it's a fail. 40-something on RT is absolutely unheard of for MCU and while the box office may have been excused slightly by covid, it didn't exactly excite anyone to think the audience might grow like Shang Chi. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Disney is always reluctant to sink money into projects that are highly feasible and I don't think they can announce  a sequel to divisive movie paired with underwhelming box office so quickly.

Disney sink money in their non-MCU, non-Pixar, non-Star Wars, non-WDAS movie all the time. Things like Wrinkle in Time, Dumbo, Nutcrackers, etc 

Last thing MCU film will have problem getting announced will be money.

Also Eternals wasn't a FINANCIAL failure. It's theatrical returns were $200M globally, same as its budget. 

1 minute ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Disney sink money in their non-MCU, non-Pixar, non-Star Wars, non-WDAS movie all the time. Things like Wrinkle in Time, Dumbo, Nutcrackers, etc 

Also Eternals wasn't a FINANCIAL failure. It's theatrical returns were $200M globally, same as its budget. 

1 minute ago, charlie Jatinder said:

not including marketing budget though 

11 hours ago, Rebeccas said:

not including marketing budget though 

Box office isn't the only money movies make. One main purpose of box office will be to cover the release cost first, budget can be covered from TV, streaming and home media as well.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

I think everyone knows it's a fail. 40-something on RT is absolutely unheard of for MCU and while the box office may have been excused slightly by covid, it didn't exactly excite anyone to think the audience might grow like Shang Chi. 

Shang Chi cost a lot less then Eternals, and actully made a decent profit for Disney. And ,IMHO, it was a lot more fun then the Eternals.