CJohn

DEADPOOL 2 WEEKEND THREAD | Spoilers = BANNED INTO OBLIVION | Dp2 125M and 300 WW debut...Asgard Sun update pg 123

33 minutes ago, John Marston said:

The ones saying it is worse than the first are lying going of course since the second is better in way including humor, action, cinematography, villain etc.  Too bad they are tricking themselves 

Villain? 

Oh you mean Cable, the technical antagonis of the movie. Well he is an upgrade from what’s his name (FRANCIS!) from the first movie.

I could have sworn that Deadpool started off with like 120m tracking - but then again, didn't BoPro have it at 100/260 for the longest time? @Shawn was right even back then ;)

and that Solo tracking - yikes, yeah that will be like "not a record" going down as a big laugh.

@WrathOfHan I concede that I was wrong about Book Club - you called it with your "Going in Style" comparison.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Premium George said:

Such a good summer for a box office nerd. Here is the main thread where I can read experts comments. Both asguards are doing great job. 

And then there are trolls like nova and thrylos ruining it all. Mods should seriously ban them.

LOL Nova is not a  troll. Just a Deadpool fan a little disappointed

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

damn solo's presales are... so low.

Congrats on being the 5th person to make this joke.

Edited by That One Guy
this post is very ironic considering who's posting it but no one point that out
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, narniadis said:

So earlier this week, when I tried to outline why I thought Deadpool wasn't going to meet the over-optimistic expectations I explained it this way.

A - Comedy Sequel - which rarely do as well as their predecessors

B - lack of originality

C - Inflated OW for Deadpool #1

My argument was that Deadpool #1 was inflated by about 20m on it's 4-Day opening (so 130m 4-day instead of 150m.) And that anything over 130m would actually be an increase over a normal weekend / 4 day for the film.

Deadpool 2 is doing just fine. The data - just as with Solo next week - is all there to show that the film wasn't going to be busting out much higher (if at all) some of ya just chose to ignore it.

I swear if there was more logic and less emotion on this board the swings wouldn't be nearly so bad.

Now a broken clock is right twice a day - so I guess I used one of my times for the year (LOL)

Well-said. Deadpool 2's doing fine. It was always going to be hard to match the first's opening weekend, I think most even predicted a drop, prior to the reviews, especially given that the first Deadpool was released on Valentine's day. 

Plus it's doing better then the first overseas. The film's going to make Fox a nice profit. 

Edited by Fancyarcher

2 minutes ago, Premium George said:

Such a good summer for a box office nerd. Here is the main thread where I can read experts comments. Both asguards are doing great job. 

And then there are trolls like nova and thrylos ruining it all. Mods should seriously ban them.

I'm not trolling though. The domestic numbers are disappointing (to me) especially when you consider that OS it actually had a bigger OW than the first. 

The $176M it made from OS is actually really really solid. It's actually higher than I thought it would go. I thought it would have a similar OS and domestic gross as the first in terms of OW. So I'm really happy with its OS gross. 

Its domestic OW is another story :ph34r:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, baumer said:

I'm definitely one of those old people who liked it. I'm telling all my old people friends to go see it.

I’m going to see it, my boyfriend loves Diane Keaton. 

5 minutes ago, Premium George said:

Nova is not a troll. 

4 minutes ago, RRA said:

Villain? 

Oh you mean Cable, the technical antagonis of the movie. Well he is an upgrade from what’s his name (FRANCIS!) from the first movie.

Lol Marvels villain problem  

1 minute ago, Nova said:

I'm not trolling though. The domestic numbers are disappointing (to me) especially when you consider that OS it actually had a bigger OW than the first. 

The $176M it made from OS is actually really really solid. It's actually higher than I thought it would go. I thought it would have a similar OS and domestic gross as the first in terms of OW. So I'm really happy with its OS gross. 

Its domestic OW is another story :ph34r:

Plus this one has China doesn’t it? :) 

And Japan still to come, which I think was quite big for the first film. 

I have a feeling the actuals for Deadpool will be embarrassing for fox and substantially lower than their 125 million estimate.

IW at 1.820 worldwide with the actuals, after a 200+ million seven day week, inflated by China of course. 2 billion almost a lock, under TFA a lock. Can’t win them all, I guess......

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

China looks like a no go.  It's been two months since Fox delivered a PG-13 cut to them and there's been no date announcement.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

No China unfortunately but yes it still has Japan. 

The OS results are actually really good imo 

• Like 1

I mean at this point I think Disney can underestimate Sunday gross as much as they want, its not like their movies have to struggle to get some money. I think they like to underestimate films on Sunday so that they can be happy with weekend result and be even happier with actuals. Just like they did with Avengers: Infinity War and Star Wars: The Force Awakens, they already had the record in their hand so might as well have an extra surprise with actuals. :P