CJohn

DEADPOOL 2 WEEKEND THREAD | Spoilers = BANNED INTO OBLIVION | Dp2 125M and 300 WW debut...Asgard Sun update pg 123

20 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Predictions for next weekend:

Solo: A Star Wars Story: 95M (115M 4 day)

Deadpool 2: 58M

Avengers: Infinity War: 20.5M

Book Club: 7.5M

Life of the Party: 3.9M

Show Dogs: 3.6M

A Quiet Place: 3M

Breaking In: 2.9M

Overboard: 2.5M

RBG: 1.2M

I can actually see that happening for Solo. MD Sunday can push it just over the 100M mark probably.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nova said:

Depending on how WOM is in those countries, I could see $430-$440M from those territories plus $10-15M in Japan so a solid $450M+ OS take without China. Pretty great if you ask me 

So even if it makes my projected $260M domestically it's still looking at over $700M WW 

I think a 2.4 multi is doable IMO so $300m could happen domestically. FOX will still be happy with the result. 

Just now, Nova said:

Depending on how WOM is in those countries, I could see $430-$440M from those territories plus $10-15M in Japan so a solid $450M+ OS take without China. Pretty great if you ask me 

So even if it makes my projected $260M domestically it's still looking at over $700M WW 

Japan did $19m for the first so should do at least that much again.   

I can't see it doing any less than $280m domestic even if o/w is $122m (2x3 multi) and gets hit hard by Solo and $300m is still more likely.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Honestly, with slightly bigger numbers, I could see Solo being another Justice League

(a pretty good and entertaining movie that a lot of people hate anyways, does way worse at the box office than a movie of its franchise should have, went through a troubled production where a respected director was eventually brought in) 

I do think with Solo being an anthology film, the fallout isn't going near as dramatic, Disney can suck it up and focus on Episode IX and the Obi Wan anthology film

• Like 1

1 minute ago, poweranimals said:

Is there any reason to assume Infinity War might be undertracked for Sunday? 

Every other Sunday of it's current run (under 30%) and every w/e that Disney has overestimated the Sunday drop.

It's also Victoria Day on Monday in Canada which usually softens Sundays a bit

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

Um, does anyone know why Overboard does so well on Sundays?

1st Sunday -6.6%

2nd Sunday -12.8%

3rd Sunday -10.1%

Going to movies on Sunday after church and often the one non working day for Hispanics is a big thing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

solo is good but i wouldn't mind it disappointing. nobody needs solo 2 and solo 3 or whatever.

and also the movie's sequel set up is the worst thing about it. NO THANK YOU.

32 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Predictions for next weekend:

Solo: A Star Wars Story: 95M (115M 4 day)

Deadpool 2: 58M

Avengers: Infinity War: 20.5M

Book Club: 7.5M

Life of the Party: 3.9M

Show Dogs: 3.6M

A Quiet Place: 3M

Breaking In: 2.9M

Overboard: 2.5M

RBG: 1.2M

I'm... with Han.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Nova said:

My $600M prediction for DP2 WW is embarrassing now isn't it  :sparta:

That was not realistic but i have a hunch that people will be shocked when they see how quickly Deadpool will drop overseas.

It will be funny if we lower our expectations so far for Solo that we are all happily surprised that they exceed them on Memorial Day...I mean, if you told me 10 months ago, Solo might open under $100M for the 3 day, I'd have told you that you were insane (but I'm not there anymore)...but then again, I'd have said the same thing to you about Justice League...and it turned out I was the nutty one...

But I've had the warning signs...my kids haven't wanted it, my spouse doesn't want it, my kids' teen friends aren't talking about it, my game friends aren't excited about it (one tried to do a group viewing of 20 of us for OW - so far, he and 1 other friend said yes - that's it)...all anecdotal, but along with presales and current box office environment and reviews, they start to seriously add up...

Edited by TwoMisfits