CJohn

DEADPOOL 2 WEEKEND THREAD | Spoilers = BANNED INTO OBLIVION | Dp2 125M and 300 WW debut...Asgard Sun update pg 123

17 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

I do miss box office records being a big deal. They're broken so goddamn frequently now I don't really see how anyone can get excited beyond it being a 'win' for your team.

Yeh I think the big runs are usually boring to follow. 

I’m more impressed with A Quiet Place than Avengers 3 tbh. 

• Like 2

The wedding definitely will depress numbers here in the U.K. plus the weather is absolutely scorching! 

I’m through in Edinburgh having cocktails near the castle outside in the sun! :wub:

Edited by Krissykins
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

Perhaps put less weighting on lesser records? WW has been Titanic/Avatar for the last 20 years and DOM has been Titanic/Avatar/TFA for the last 20.

I certainly appreciate that Titanic and Avatar achieved their totals thanks to great legs. That route to that record feels like a lifetime ago, and was way more satisfying to observe.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

I certainly appreciate that Titanic and Avatar achieved their totals thanks to great legs. That route to that record feels like a lifetime ago, and was way more satisfying to observe.

And much, much, much harder to do, considering ticket prices and actual viewers. 

20 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

The wedding definitely will depress numbers here in the U.K. plus the weather is absolutely scorching! 

I’m through in Edinburgh having cocktails near the castle outside in the sun! :wub:

I do think they were wise to open it on a Tuesday to make up the shortfall

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Krissykins said:

I preferred Deadpool 2 to Infinity War, I was more entertained.

My favourite worst box office prediction of all time from a box office website was The-Numbers predicting $15m opening weekend for Freddy Vs Jason and a $35m total. :lol: it opened to $36m. 

Well, just this year, Deadline predicted low single digits OW for I Can Only Imagine ($2-4M, I believe)...and that movie blew that away (and pretty much everyone's predictions for its total BO...except maybe Slambros:)...

Big misses happen with experts and with us all the time...best thing to figure out is why you missed and how you can try to account for that next time:)...

After the impressive gross from Black Panther in Brazil and this mega crazy numbers for Avengers IW Brazil seems ready to go big for Deadpool 2, they're never tired! It's gonna be a huge yer in terms of BO.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Actually that was me :ph34r: 

That's ok we all make mistakes ... but not Stevejaros, that guy makes blunders. He had JL > Coco + TR club as well as WB > Disney 2017 club to go with some ridiculous prediction about Finding Dory as well.

In 2016 he made Fb to crush Moana by 200M DOM club, Fox to beat Disney 2016 club, ID:R 500M Dom club, Trolls over DS club.

Edit - It was FD under 210M DOM club, needless to say none of his clubs have succeeded

Edited by oMeriMombatti
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, oMeriMombatti said:

That's ok we all make mistakes ... but not Stevejaros, that guy makes blunders. He had JL > Coco + TR club as well as WB > Disney 2017 club to go with some ridiculous prediction about Finding Dory as well.

In 2016 he made Fb to crush Moana by 200M DOM club, Fox to beat Disney 2016 club, ID:R 500M Dom club, Trolls over DS club.

and probably aqm > poppins + wir2 later this year.

• Astonished 1

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Aquaman will do only $170M #hotboxofficetake

i hope it's prod budget is not much more than that. wondr's was 150 and i don't think this can go lower with all the underwater world creation but if it's between 150 and 200, then 175 odd dom and 350 odd os will at least break even.

Edited by A2k Raptor

9 minutes ago, A2k Raptor said:

i hope it's prod budget is not much more than that. wondr's was 150 and i don't think this can go lower with all the underwater world creation but if it's between 150 and 200, then 175 odd dom and 350 odd os will at least break even.

According to IMDb, the budget is $160m, which if correct is quite a reasonable figure.

• Like 1