Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

10 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

Agreed 100%. I have never seen a mainstream franchise get so much attention in the social justice department. I guess because of SW consistently being an American heavyweight? Outside of a few thinkpieces and bloggers there is relatively little rallying behind a more progressive version of, say, the MCU (even pre-Black Panther). It makes talking about Star Wars decidedly not enjoyable.

That's because SW has the highest profile of any franchise.

Irony is that the SW francjhise has gotten shit from both sides...the alt.right fury at the two main good guys in TFA being a Woman and a Black Man is an example.

4 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Marvel got so lucky with the Russo Brothers. Yes Feige gets the credit for picking them to do Winter Soldier but I don't think even he would have known how well equipped they were going to be to take on Infinity War and (fingers crossed it's good) Avengers 4. It helps also the Russo Brothers have stuck with the exact same core production team for Winter Soldier, Civil War, Infinity War and Avengers 4. 

After Avengers 4, they're going to enter the exclusive club of directors with three movies making a billion. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

I would love the Russos on Star Wars but they've said they're happy at Marvel and maybe they see Lucasfilm for the shitstorm that it is right now. 

I can almost see a memo from Iger to Feige asking if he would like to get involved in the Star Wars franchise as an "Advisor" to Kennedy in addition to his Marvel duties?

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I can almost see a memo from Iger to Feige asking if he would like to get involved in the Star Wars franchise as an "Advisor" to Kennedy in addition to his Marvel duties?

Actually the person who ought to make ep9 should be Ryan Coogler, the other hot Marvel director.  Remember him?

Edited by REC
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Will probably happen after Episode 9.

I think Feige someday will have a very big position at Disney.

Edited by The Futurist

25 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

Agreed 100%. I have never seen a mainstream franchise get so much attention in the social justice department. I guess because of SW consistently being an American heavyweight? Outside of a few thinkpieces and bloggers there is relatively little rallying behind a more progressive version of, say, the MCU (even pre-Black Panther). It makes talking about Star Wars decidedly not enjoyable.

It's because they decided to pander to them in the first place, and set expectations for themselves that other properties don't have. From the very start, the writers room that was convened to hatch out stories for the new films was purposefully made all-female, aka men were purposefully excluded.

Edited by Hunch
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

7:45: 24/63

8:00: 54/78

7:00 2D: 93/124

7:00 3D: 60/113

7:30 2D: 38/67

7:30 3D: 23/78

7:45: 24/63

8:00: 54/78

8:30 3D: 24/69

Total: 316/592 (209 2D/107 3D)

The last two shows may or may not get this to 400 tickets. We'll see how things go.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Haha 1

Um I think the sjw aspects are really complicating Sw.

People were pushing or hating TLJ over social issue then the film in countless think pieces and articles...

Have diversity but in the end just focus on making entertaining movies like tfa and Ro.

Edited by Lordmandeep

6 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Just don't ask Taika to do a Star Wars film

Another downside to Kathleen's micro-management is that talented, creative directors who can also handle blockbusters do not tend to like studios that excessively meddle. I doubt Taika is the only high-profile director who is now weary of getting involved in Star Wars.

Edited by Hunch
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Will probably happen after Episode 9.

I think Feige someday will have a very big position at Disney.

He already has a pretty damn big position at Disney.

But I actually could see him moving up to Head of Production for Disney studios as a whole.That's the #2 position at Disney studios and actually runs the film division on a day to day basis. Not sure Feige would want President; that is much less of a hands on position.

1 minute ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

TFW DP2 might beat Solo WW

tHdO0tW.png

For sure. Logan also (619). Atm the fear is that Apocalypse (544) might do so too. :apocalypse:

Edited by A2k Raptor
  • Disbelief 1

@Blankments wanna do some trailer stalkers?

8:

Sicario: Day of the Soldado (All the Money in the World, Molly’s Game, The Commuter, Phantom Thread, Annihilation, Red Sparrow, Unsane, A Quiet Place)

6:

Alpha (Hitman’s Bodyguard, Geostorm, Thor: Ragnarok, Downsizing, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, Isle of Dogs)

Mission: Impossible – Fallout (Black Panther, Annihilation, A Quiet Place, Avengers: Infinity War, Ready Player One, Breaking In)

5:

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Black Panther, Rampage, Avengers: Infinity War, Deadpool 2)

4:

The Darkest Minds (A Quiet Place, Ready Player One, Blockers, Breaking In)

Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again (The Greatest Showman, The Post, Love, Simon, Breaking In)

Ocean’s 8 (The Greatest Showman, Game Night, Ready Player One, Breaking In)

Solo: A Star Wars Story (Black Panther, Avengers: Infinity War, Ready Player One, Deadpool 2)

Tag (Unsane, A Quiet Place, Ready Player One, Blockers)

Venom (Black Panther, Game Night, Blockers, Deadpool 2)

3:

Ant-Man and the Wasp (Black Panther, Rampage, Deadpool 2)

Hereditary (Annihilation, Unsane, A Quiet Place)

Incredibles 2 (Coco, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Avengers: Infinity War)

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (Love, Simon, Ready Player One, Deadpool 2)

2:

Action Point (A Quiet Place, Blockers)

Alita: Battle Angel (Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle)

Can You Ever Forgive Me? (Unsane, Isle of Dogs)

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (Isle of Dogs, Avengers: Infinity War)

Night School (Blockers, Breaking In)

Polaroid (Wind River, mother!)

Upgrade (A Quiet Place, Blockers)

1:

Spoiler

Adrift (Breaking In)

The Current War (Wind River)

Dr. Suess’ The Grinch (Isle of Dogs)

Duck Duck Goose (The LEGO Ninjago Movie)

Eighth Grade (Isle of Dogs)

Hotel Artemis (Breaking In)

The House with a Clock in Its Walls (Ready Player One)

Mortal Engines (The Commuter)

The New Mutants (Thor: Ragnarok)

The Nutcracker and the Four Realms (The Greatest Showman)

Skyscraper (Rampage)

Smallfoot (Coco)

The Spy Who Dumped Me (Ready Player One)

Superfly (Breaking In)

Teen Titans Go! To the Movies (Rampage)

Uncle Drew (Annihilation)

Won’t You Be My Neighbor? (Isle of Dogs)

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

I would love the Russos on Star Wars but they've said they're happy at Marvel and maybe they see Lucasfilm for the shitstorm that it is right now. 

The Russos are obidient studio puppets, I'm sure Kathleen would love them too.

Honestly the one thing that might totally reinvigorate Star Wars in the future, if the current films start flopping, is George Lucas returning to the director's chair. But that will probably never happen.

Edited by Hunch
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Shots fired.

Badabing for Taika>

I always though the firing of Treverrow might have been a panic move;the guy showed he can deliver the goods in a big budget blockbuster, and firing him because he made a small personal film that did not turn out that well seems a little quick on the draw.