Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Doing my Derby predictions, the only movies I don't have dropping under 48% are the two Paramount movies: Book Club (which I'm tempted to give a 3% drop) and A Quiet Place. What a time to be alive! :ohmygod: 

Infinity War is losing less than 6% of its theaters why would it have another 50% drop? On a holiday weekend no less?

• Like 2

• Community Manager
2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

sure but if the films REEEEAL good then the trailer won't matter

Nobody knows a film is reeeal good unless a trailer convinces them to see it. There's been cases of really good movies being skipped by audiences because the trailers didn't sell them on it. 

10 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Infinity War is losing less than 6% of its theaters why would it have another 50% drop? On a holiday weekend no less?

The weekday holds have been too harsh. I have it dropping just under 50% with a 15% drop today. I don't think it's coming close to 45% unless it drops 10% or less today.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, harrycaul said:

Can we get some on-record comments now?  Is Boba Fett a movie people asked for or nah?

No, but after what he did with Logan, James Mangold being attached to this intrigues me.

Just now, Samarus said:

No, but after what he did with Logan, James Mangold being attached to this intrigues me.

Same. Its like how I felt about Solo. Its a movie I became interested in when I saw Lord and Miller attached. I am interested in Boba Fett only because of James Mangold. Take James Mangold away and I could care less. 

• Like 1

• Community Manager
2 minutes ago, Samarus said:

Interesting cause it's his work with The Wolverine that intrigues me with what he could do with Boba Fett.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daxtreme said:

Disney created a Christmas tradition of going to see a Star Wars movie during Christmas and pretty much had the holiday to themselves until Avatar sequels arrived... and then just went on and switched that up for no good reason?

People embraced that new tradition, don't ruin it!

They struck gold and then decided it wasn't meant to be?

Out of 'Like' but that remains the biggest mystery, especially after the director change.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Three hours to go:

7:00: 92/124 -3

7:00 3D: 50/113 -6

10 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

First Solo shows at my theater:

2D: 93/124

3D: 60/113

Total: 153/237

So in roughly 3 and a half hours, the walkups were 11 tickets across the 2 shows? :thinking: 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Nova said:

2D 

7 PM 97/116 

9:15 98/116 

10:45 65/142

12:15 6/142

3D 

7PM 90/142 

8PM 20/116 

10:15PM 40/142

11:15 0/116 

11:45 0/50 

Total 2D 266 

Total 3D 150 

Total 416 

2D 

7PM 96/116 (yes it lost a ticket. Not sure why) 

9:15 99/116 (Maybe that one ticket moved into this showtime) 

10:45 70/142

12:15 6/142 

3D

7PM 86/142 (Again not sure why it lost tickets. Guessing it went to another showtime) 

8PM 28/116 

10:15 44/142 

11:15 0/116 

11:45 0/50 

*Considering the late times for Solo have been absolutely abysmal at my theater (even on Friday, Saturday and Sunday) I would not be shocked to see them take away those showtimes and give them to DP2 which make a killing at my theater last weekend and throughout this week during the late time shows. 

• Like 2