Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

• Community Manager
Just now, CoolioD1 said:

it'll be a super subtle parallel to Only God Forgives because there's gonna be a scene where bobba fett watches Only God Forgives on tv in a hotel. 

I can't wait for James Mangold to put in Star Wars action figures in Star Wars just like how he put X-Men comic books in Logan. It's so smarty!

• Like 1

There is only 1 reason I'm not going to see Solo and that's TLJ.

I know there's going to be all kinds of bs ouija board meteorology, numerology voodoo who do nonsense trying to explain this flop, so I'm just letting everyone know there's only 1 reason for my lost ticket.

I know I'm going to like this movie too and I stayed away. SW is dead and I want left alone.

Edited by Rebelscum

3 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

I can't wait for James Mangold to put in Star Wars action figures in Star Wars just like how he put X-Men comic books in Logan. It's so smarty!

and then boba fett throws the action figures away like "that isn't real life man! fuck this cartoon baby shit" and then says fuck four more times, gets his dick out and cuts his own arm off in the bloodiest fashion.

Best Screenplay nomination coming up!

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 1

Just now, Rebelscum said:

I know there's going to be all kinds of bs ouija board meteorology, numerology nonsense trying to explain this flop, so I'm just letting everyone know there's only 1 reason for my lost ticket.

I know I'm going to like this movie too and I stayed away. SW is dead and I want left alone.

1 reason I didn't see TLJ was TFA!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, harrycaul said:

Can we get some on-record comments now?  Is Boba Fett a movie people asked for or nah?

Why does that matter? Make a good film and people will watch it

Just now, Water Bottle said:

wow this thread was created on May 17th and it's only on nine pages. that's how big Solo flopped.

holy crap you're right.. what's going on BOT thought this was a sws internet hub

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

it'll be a super subtle parallel to Only God Forgives because there's gonna be a scene where boba fett watches Only God Forgives on tv in a hotel.

$1 billion domestic, Star Wars is saved, and Kathy Kennedy will not be laughed out of Hollywood.

• Community Manager
2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Why does that matter? Make a good film and people will watch it

Correction: make a good trailer and people will watch it.

• Like 1

Doing my Derby predictions, the only movies I don't have dropping under 48% are the two Paramount movies: Book Club (which I'm tempted to give a 3% drop) and A Quiet Place. What a time to be alive! :ohmygod: 

Well James Mangold did praise Rian Johnson for TLJ. Maybe he heard good things from Rian with regards to how Kathleen Kennedy works. The again perhaps he should also talk to 4 other directors about that too....

And the whole "nobody asked for it" excuse doesn't land for me IMO. Did anyone ask for Guardians of the Galaxy? Weren't people for years begging that a Justice League movie be made? 

Disney simply failed to generate interest for this film. The reasons why that was well that's for you to decide.

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Rebelscum said:

I know there's going to be all kinds of bs ouija board meteorology, numerology voodoo who do nonsense trying to explain this flop, so I'm just letting everyone know there's only 1 reason for my lost ticket.

Same here, but also because a Han Solo origin doesn't interest me in the slightest. I skimmed through a cam rip, so I can definitely say I made the right decision.

• Like 1