Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

6 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Does hiring a diverse cast count as forcing politics on people?

Or letting women and black people have dialogue? 

Might be too much of a stretch for MCU fans. 

Not interested in Star Wars, just saying. 

Yep, that’s why black panther flopped so badly , those damn MCU fans. I mean it’s the second biggest solo  superhero movie overseas of all time, even if we exclude its cultural status in the u.s . Those damn MCU fans. You hanging onto Wonder Woman (which came fourth  worldwide as far as superhero films go in 2017) as if it’s the second coming because you have nothing else to hand onto is hilarious. Have fun waiting for ....aquaman.....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alli said:

I think people are resistant to change. They want the movie to be as close to how they remember it growing up with it.

People have no problem with women lead movies if they are orginal and not alterations of their fav movies. see ghostbusters

This. Films like Ghostbusters 16 or Oceans 8 woudnt receive this "backlash" if they were original films/concepts. Basically rebooting a series with a gender swap as a gimmick is just asking for controversy. And its not helping anyone, really.

I want something like a female James Bond/more action films/franchises with females as the lead characters. But i expect creativity from Hollywood and not just "Hey its Ghostbusters, but now its with women!". Because that incredibly lazy.

• Like 1

Just now, Mekanos said:

Damn those women and minorities sucking up all the good writing. Let's bring back the era when there was only one female speaking role in the whole trilogy. 

nah screw that just give it back to Locust he actually knows what he was doing

Mods, can I make a Fantastic Beasts 2 over EP IX WW club? I know I can't make a club for movies more than 6 months in advance but FB opens less than 6 months from now. Do I have to wait until close to IX opening?

27 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Star Wars needs to drop the politics and get back to the trade agreements, that's where the money is

If you look at Solo as a pirate movie it was basically about the intrigue of trade agreements.

Just now, James said:

Mods, can I make a Fantastic Beasts 2 over EP IX WW club? I know I can't make a club for movies more than 6 months in advance but FB opens less than 6 months from now. Do I have to wait until close to IX opening?

ohhhh I want to believe, I think sws9 will make 1.5b or so tho

Speaking of Pitch Perfect 2, that OW increase will always remain absurd. +1,300% over its predecessor. Doubt we ever see anything like that again. 

EDIT: nevermind, forgot the first opened in limited release. Still insane from its wide opening though. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I find this kinda humiliating (all-time OW).

79 X-Men Origins: Wolverine Fox $85,058,003 47.3% 4,099 $20,751 $179,883,157 5/1/2009

Solo: A Star Wars Story BV $83,325,000 100.0% 4,381 $19,020 $83,325,000 5/25/2018

Ajusted and no 3D:

76 X-Men Origins: Wolverine Fox $104,441,200 47.3% 4,099 $25,480 $220,875,200

5/1/2009

14 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Star Wars needs to drop the politics and get back to the trade agreements, that's where the money is

If Disney wants to succeed by expanding Star Wars franchise, they need to do a horror spin off based on the franchise. It would need be called Star Horrors because Star Wars is poison overseas. It would triple the shameful box office that Solo is doing overseas.

Let's remember that IT OS (no 3D) > Solo WW

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Speaking of Pitch Perfect 2, that OW increase will always remain absurd. +1,300% over its predecessor. Doubt we ever see anything like that again. 

Austin Powers? Though that came before Pitch Perfect obviously.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Hailee Steinfeld. Her POWER.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, James said:

Yes, make it over something else.  You're just trying to fan the flames now.