Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

There have been bad ass women characters in the movies for ages and everybody took them for granted and didn’t really need to bring “politics” , the public just enjoyed the films. I don’t  remember even the Reagan-era movie goers (a time when we had anti-communist propaganda blockbuster films , anti-Islamic/pro-jewish ones e.t.c) having a problem with strong female leads. Suddenly in 2018 if you  criticize a film starring a woman you are a bigot, an alt-right , a right winger and whatever weird terms Americans have discovered. 

Edited by Thrylos 7
  • Like 5

• Community Manager
3 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

Nah, Rey and Boyega are decent. At least they don't feel forced.

But if that's all you get, then I can't help you. It's common nowadays for people to use the strawman argument, I just have to accept it and move on.

Well you are right I can't get the argument that race or gender for characters matter most of the time. But I guess you disagree. 

1 minute ago, Thrylos 7 said:

There have been bad ass women characters in the movies for ages and everybody took them for granted and didn’t really need to bring “politics” , the public just enjoyed the films. I don’t  remember even the Reagan-era movie goers (a time when we had anti-communist propaganda blockbuster films , anti-Islamic/pro-jewish ones e.t.c) having a problem with strong female leads. Suddenly in 2018 if you  criticize a film starring a woman you are a bigot, SJW , a right winger and whatever weird terms Americans have discovered. 

Pro-Jewish films? That's a new one to me...

35 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

I mean new story , so no Skywalker, Solo ecc ecc

That is a problem cause their only somewhat interesting new character is a Skywalker-Solo. :lol: And creation of new trilogy aka new story and characters are in the hands of the creator of Rose, Holdo, Canto Bight story. :sparta:

Edited by Valonqar

Oh goodness what the hell happened here?  I turn my back for a few hours and just because Solo = confirmed flop, its devolved into racism/sexism/islamic/jewish/white/black/diversity insanity.

How bout the movie is just kinda mediocre with no demand and leave it at that?

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

70? i think it could challenge 100 tbh. might make a club.:jeb!::jeb!::jeb!::jeb!:

On 5/16/2018 at 9:44 PM, WrathOfHan said:

Everyone was laughing at me for saying that Bohemian Rhapsody The Greatest 2howman will go over 200M DOM. You may think I tossed that out very easily, but I'm not fucking around. Bohemian Rhapsody The Greatest 2howman will be one of the biggest movies of the year, and here's why:

The teaser has people buzzing: After 36 hours on YouTube, Fox's upload already has 6.9M views, and it should be at 9-10M by the end of the week. Those are incredible numbers for a non-franchise movie musical. Using Straight Outta Compton as a comparison, that had 1.7M views after 2 days. Hell, these are more views than Solo's last trailer and close to its first after two days (7.4M)! I'm not saying this will outgross Solo (yet), but the interest is clearly there. Plus, being attached to Deadpool will raise awareness even more.

Queen Hugh Jackman is an iconic band  actor with multi-generational appeal: Everyone knows Queen Hugh Jackman. The band  actor has made so many classic songs movies that have been passed down from generation to generation, and that will continue to be the case for many years. The PG-13 rating will help bring in teens as well.

Anthony McCarten Bill Condon writes well-received biopics: Regardless of how you feel about them, Darkest Hour and The Theory of Everything Kinsey and The Greatest Showman were well-received by both critics and audiences. I have a hard time imagining Bohemian Rhapsody The Greatest 2howman not following them. IMO, I hope it's better than TTOE TGS, but with Bryan Singer James Mangold directing most of the film, that shouldn't be hard.

Competition is low: Bohemian Rhapsody The Greatest 2howman faces very little competition throughout November and early December. Let's take a look at what it faces:

OW: The Nutcracker and whatever Tyler Perry is cooking up are going for different audiences than Bohemian Rhapsody  The Greatest 2howman.  There will be a tiny bit of overlap, but all three will co-exist fine.

Nov 9: The Grinch has even less overlap with this than The Nutcracker, and The Girl in the Spider's Web isn't going to garner much interest unless reviews are incredibly strong.

Nov 16: Fantastic Beasts and Widows will both impact this (although the latter is a Fox film), but if positive WOM is spreading, it can still manage a strong hold.

Nov 21: Creed 2 is the only competition this has, but that's probably decreasing from the first. Ralph is going for families, and Robin Hood is going for no one. IDK what Universal is doing with Zemeckis' movie, though his box office record as of late isn't very good.

Then you have a host of dumps until December 14. Depending how much its grossing, it could maintain a decent TC over Christmas.

There is the potential for an Oscar re-expansion in January: I'm not expecting this to be a contender for any of the main categories outside of Actor, but that could be enough reason for Fox to re-expand it.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Sounds to me like you don't like that the main characters in TFA and TLJ are a woman and a black man. Or that they included an Asian woman in TLJ. That's all I get from this post: that they should have made a straight white male the lead. 

Or maybe because these characters are shit and so are the actors portraying them. Disney couldn’t  find an actor with 1% of the charisma of a young Samuel Jackson or a Sigourney  Weaver or even a billy dee Williams for the new Star Wars films . Hell, people are also complaining about how bland the guy playing solo is and that’s as white as they come. Fact, the actors in the new Star Wars films suck and all the money the new movies earned are on the back of Harrison Ford and mark Hamill. 

3 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

This place is a fucking mess.

Just when I think it couldn't get worse. It does. 

:winomg:

Like I have no idea how to even contribute to the discussion going on in this thread, at the moment. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

And now I will say something positive about Solo:

RT audience rating has just gone up to fresh. 

And top critic consensus is rotten, 59%.

4e0.gif

Edited by REC
  • Haha 1