Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

I know it's crazy, but if Solo goes as bad as it looks like or even worse, it could go as low as less then 400 mln WW (something like 170 Dom + 180 Os). That would be Heaven's Gate for Star Wars franchise, a truly legendary flop.

Edited by Firepower
  • Astonished 1
  • Disbelief 1

3 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Just swung by the Summer Games Predictions.  Leaving here for prosperity.  Not naming names to protect the innocent.

OW

Mean: 136.71M

Mode: 135M (8 out of 37)

Range: 95M - 180M

DOM:

Mean: 362.61M

Mode: 350M (3 out of 36)

Range: 267.5M - 522.9M

Are those 3 day OW, b/c we literally could see it go under all of them if the presales are really indicative of the weekend.  Disney almost needs to hope for a miracle family walk up angle on a movie about a character from 40 years ago...

Edited by TwoMisfits

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Everyone is exhausting the gifs before preview shows have even started :rofl:

This is shaping up to be a legendary thread, will miss most of it past tomorrow though.

Ban Hammers at the ready!

9 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Just swung by the Summer Games Predictions.  Leaving here for history.  Not naming names to protect the innocent.

OW

Mean: 136.71M

Mode: 135M (8 out of 37)

Range: 95M - 180M

DOM:

Mean: 362.61M

Mode: 350M (3 out of 36)

Range: 267.5M - 522.9M

You conveniently left out my 265M prediction :apocalypse: 

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Apparently Fox are being very petty in some markets, specially Chile

That's somewhat hilarious to be sure.

Wonder how the Champions League Final will affect Solo Saturday in Europe, its a heavily watched event and the UK has a rooting interest this time for a change.

Hey, that's me! :hahaha: 

Yeah, Solo is doomed here, even if it matched Rogue One opening Deadpool 2 would beat it with a 35% drop (highly likely, drops are very soft the weekend when restrictions are lifted). It's really rare to lift restrictions so early, maybe they though Solo was going to be big, though I like to think is pettiness. :sparta:

This poor thing may not even outgross episode 1! And the market is four times bigger now than in 1999.

The cinemas must be banging their heads against some wall, they took a LOT of screens from IW along with most of the premium formats. Disney itself may have done more money keeping IW if this has the same drops we are seeing in other markets. 

Edited by salvador-232
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Everyone is exhausting the gifs before preview shows have even started :rofl:

This is shaping up to be a legendary thread, will miss most of it past tomorrow though.

What happens if previews are really high :stirthepot:

• Like 1

I haven't posted on this website for years (I was one of the original BOM refugees and have since become consumed with school and my writing career) but I'm just popping in to say that this has to be one of the weirdest and most unpredictable box office performances ever, and I'm excited to see what happens.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

You conveniently left out my 265M prediction :apocalypse: 

Apologies!  I must've looked at the number above it.

The new DOM is:

Mean: 360.81M

Mode: 350M

Range: 265M - 522.9M

Edited by captainwondyful
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MCKillswitch123 said:

3 years ago, The Force Awakens made 248M OW. Now, there's a small chance that Solo might not even hit that for DOM total. :sparta:

Idk about small

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

3 years ago, The Force Awakens made 248M OW. Now, there's a small chance that Solo might not even hit that for DOM total. :sparta:

Small?

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Pirates of the Caribbean 3 will live forever.

Hide contents

And I remember how disappointed we all were in that OW. :ph34r:

To be fair, Pirates 3 did the Thursday previews thing before everyone else and it was counted separately, so if we want a more accurate apples to apples comparison its 3 day OW should be counted as $127m. :Venom:

Edited by Hunch
  • Like 1