Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Captain Marvel goes to BP's release, Dumbo stays put, TA4 goes to IW's release, Aladdin goes to TLK's spot, TS4 stays put, TLK goes to IX's spot, IX goes to Dec 2020. There. 

But what about Dark Phoenix :sparta:

• Haha 1

Who said that Solo was a bad movie? No one. People are just saying that it's box office performance particularly out of state is bad. That's not a reflection on the quality of the film though. 

34 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Prince of Persia is the best video game movie and it's simply because it functions as a movie, you can sit down and watch it and it's completely straightforward and sets thing up and pays them off. Like it's not actually GOOD good, but it's at least a movie

Tomb Raider is fine when it's not talking about dumb shit I don't give a shit about.  like shut the fuck up I want to see Alicia Vikander do a bunch of cool shit not hear about boring shit no one gives a shit about.

I agree that TLK would be huge in December but that's going to be a monster regardless if it turns out to be good. The cast and trailers are going to make major headlines.

Out of Disneys lineup next year, Dumbo, Toy Story 4 (WHY) and Frozen 2 look like the biggest let downs. 

Aladdin will really depend on how well it's handled. If they get the tone of the adventure right and don't Guy Ritchie it up too much, it could be huge.

Avengers 4 is going to be an absolute monster.

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Tomb Raider is fine when it's not talking about dumb shit I don't give a shit about.  like shut the fuck up I want to see Alicia Vikander do a bunch of cool shit not hear about boring shit no one gives a shit about.

Haven't seen it yet but seems like a fair take

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I waited on that too but from the trailers Alia Vikander looks accurate to the new games. It's the side characters and villains that made me groan in the trailers. It looked mishandled right off the bat but the first reboot didn't have a ton of depth either. There was so much room for expansion while using what was already there concerning set pieces.

Just now, Chewy said:

Haven't seen it yet but seems like a fair take

The action scenes are legit good but then they try and do some expository bullshit and then it makes you lose interest in the film almost altogether.  I couldn't enjoy the final setpiece because one of the scenes before it kinda almost put me to sleep lmao (I can't remember exactly what it was but it's Tomb Raider so whatever)

Imagine if Disney were the ones that were distributing the Spider-Man sequel too. 

And yeah haven't seen Solo but I can imagine it'll have decent to good WoM. The reason why it's doing so poorly at the box office isn't necessarily because of quality of the film.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

All the reactions of people crying and feeling nostalgic from the Christopher Robin trailer... it’s gonna be 10x that from Lion King.

In a few years the conversation will shift from #SuperHeroFatigue to #NostalgiaFatigue :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

I agree that TLK would be huge in December but that's going to be a monster regardless if it turns out to be good. The cast and trailers are going to make major headlines.

Out of Disneys lineup next year, Dumbo, Toy Story 4 (WHY) and Frozen 2 look like the biggest let downs. 

Aladdin will really depend on how well it's handled. If they get the tone of the adventure right and don't Guy Ritchie it up too much, it could be huge.

Avengers 4 is going to be an absolute monster.

I've seen footage from Dumbo, Aladdin and The Lion King.  

The Lion King is an all time grossing film.

Dumbo looks great.

Aladdin looks completely wrong.  Terrible.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, EmpireCity said:

Dumbo looks great.

That checks out with where they're scheduled

• Like 2

Just now, EmpireCity said:

Dumbo looks great.

No surprised regarding TLK. That has all the signs already with that cast and crew.

Huh, so Dumbo could be an early surprise then?

But Aladdin a failure? How could they screw that up so badly. I mean the character designs of like Jafar would be hard to translate to screen and you can't replicate Robin Williams Genie performance....but it should be possible just based on Aladdin and Jasmines chemistry alone. Apu should be easy to do. Guessing Guy Ritchie....but why Disney would sacrifice one of it's biggest animated properties if it's bad doesn't make sense to me.

Hopefully they delay it if others who have seen the footage feel the same way. 2019 doesn't need it.