Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

53 minutes ago, ZackM said:

So you think it was fed to the interviewer?

yep because it's one of those marketing things that smack of desperation. Our movie is bland lets spice it up! or something. It's a mess. If they could pay Ford to hug Alden they could feed the interviewer. I guess we'll never know but it did look desperate. 

3 hours ago, Giesi said:

In a side note: Donald Glover has the #1 song and movie in the country atm, when was the last time this happened?

Lose Yourself, maybe?

Just now, poweranimals said:

Why is IW's Monday drop so big? That seems weird given how well it did the rest of the weekend. 

Disney beeing uber-conservative as always. IW will increase with actuals.

2 minutes ago, Giesi said:

In a side note: Donald Glover has the #1 song and movie in the country atm, when was the last time this happened?

I'm pretty sure Big Willy had a #1 song and a #1 bomb Wild Wild West so history repeats itself. :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:

So a 6.8 Sunday and they think it's going to drop 44%  to a 3.81 Monday ... on MD when the previous 3 years a MCU movie has dropped 17-19%

WTF is with Disney and AIW estimates?

Maybe that sports conference thingie (something with a #7?) that Gitesh tweeted about for Monday happening?

(Since the explanation for the conference thingie, I might have a problem to ever take a sports final announcement seriously in the way to imagine not the right thing)

2 minutes ago, Giesi said:

Not sure about Eminem's album/8 Miles movie, but I know Jlo had one back in 2002 with that wedding movie with Mathew McConaughey.

Just now, FantasticBeasts said:

James Cameron will be working on Avatar sequels till we are all dead...

I'm rather hoping I out live Cameron

*crosses fingers / eats healthier / looks both ways before crossing the street / stops accepting candy from strangers*

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MrGlass2 said:

Could Solo finish above $250M with $103M+ 4-day?

Well, its not impossible if it can translate the solid WOM into good legs. But i doubt it. Under 200M isnt even out of the question. Incredibles will destroy it in 2 weeks, so Solo needs really good holds the next 2 weekends to have a chance at 250M.

• Thanks 1