Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

20 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I think it had more stakes than any comic book ever? 

There is a diminishing return with stake sometime, if you make them so big that the audience become fully aware too much of the result, they can become numb.

• Like 1

Just now, RRA said:

You’re talking to a guy banned from replying in the Aquaman thread because he was too critical and that rubbed some fans the wrong way.

Try again. 

what does that have to do with... huh?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

"I like it but I have these issues I'd like to discuss" isn't really a backlash anyway, it's how we as a culture discuss every movie

"It sucks and everyone who liked it was a deluded fanboy, I'm too smart for it. OVERRATED" - that's the BS backlash that will inevitably come

It’s already here. 

2 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

This might be your worst take today - with a lot of competition.

Orcs don't exist and in both The LOTR & The Hobbit movies, they use something called special effects.

People seem to have a rubber fetish, god only knows why.

Edited by The Futurist

1 minute ago, RRA said:

You’re talking to a guy banned from replying in the Aquaman thread because he was too critical and that rubbed some fans the wrong way.

Try again. 

:gold:

5 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Are you looking forward to the rest of the summer slate? (JW, Incredibles, M:I - Fallout...maybe The Meg?)

Can't wait for Fallout. Curious but cautious about Incredibles because the original is my favorite Pixar and superhero movie, it has a magic I really doubt can be recaptured. Ocean's 8 looks like it might be good fun. Don't really care about any other big ones. I'll go see Solo next week probably but more out of obligation than anything.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FantasticBeasts said:

I clicked at it for the first time yesterday and was like "wtf??" with the views. Is it breaking out?

Hell yea, October record baby

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

What does this have to do with anything? I admitted I was wrong about Infinity War and owned up to it. Unlike you, who adds nothing to these boards except trolling bullshit and shit talking.

I dont care for your opinion? 

• Thanks 1

The AIW v BP argument is a good example of why the MCU is the biggest franchise in the world right now — and why they can successfully release three films a year when other franchises and universes can not. 

Kevin Feige is a master of subverting the sub-genre of each MCU movie. They are all action blockbusters. Yet, TFA is a pulp film. TWS is a political thriller. Ant-Man is a heist movie. Thor: Ragnarok is a comedy. Black Panther is a afrofuturism. Infinity War is an epic (and a super villain story). 

So, Avengers: Infinity War and Black Panther:

latest?cb=20140216215434

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Barnack said:

There is a diminishing return with stake sometime, if you make them so big that the audience become fully aware too much of the result, they can become numb.

I dont think people took Thanos as a lightweight though...

I do agree World Ending scenarios are getting tiresome, but IW took it to a different level. 

If it was seen as the same old, same shit, the film would not have been anywhere as popular. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

Just now, That One Guy said:

Just to try to redirect the conversation to something else that's not a CBM, I watched Mommy last night and thought it was really good.  Very effective movie.

OK, let's talk about Solo and Star Wars again.

TLJ, Rian Johnson, Kathleen Kennedy, identity politics, covfefe.

Thoughts anyone?