CJohn

BOX OFFICE THEORY WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM WEEKEND THREAD | 150 OW OFFICIAL ESTIMATE | No Spoilers, Read Rules First Post! | First Post Updated with Sale Info

6 minutes ago, eVerYtHING said:

This is so stupid backward reasoning

I think you know you are wrong.

How is it wrong?

Because Avengers wasn't released earlier?

Avengers = megafranchise

IM/Thor/Cap/etc = subfranchises

Actually I'll just call IM a subfranchise instead of debating semantics.

How many Jurassic World subfranchises could make over 200 m DOM and 700 m WW.

Edited by grey ghost

Just now, Brainbug said:

I was just lurking in 2015 on these forums, but many many Marvel fans were extremely butthurt that JW not only demolished Age of Ultron DOM, but worldwide.

Honestly, it deserves it. I don't love JW1 by any means, but I'll take it over AOU any day of every month. And they probably would too. But nah, I don't think the problem is Ultron, or just Ultron - the problem is Avengers 1, which JW also outgrossed both DOM, OS and WW. That's what triggered them really bad. Can't imagine what would've happened if Avengers was still #3 before The Force Awakens came out.... meltdowns everyday over the inevitability.

And now, FK is having a very worrying drop from JW1, but it seems Marvel fanboys are going the extra mile with the schadenfraude, almost as if they were worried FK was ever gonna even touch the MCU 2018 dominance of BP/IW. Pettyness over small things, my friend. 'Tis what it is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

How is it wrong?

Because Avengers wasn't released earlier?

Avengers = megafranchise

IM/Thor/Cap/etc = subfranchises

Actually I'll just call IM a subfranchise instead of debating semantics.

How many Jurassic World subfranchises could make over 200 m DOM and 700 m WW.

Can you plz stop

• Like 6

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

imagine rooting for corporations

Imagine rooting for cinematic dreams filled with mythical heroes who compete for cultural capital by the billions and survive generation after generation pushing the boundaries of imagination and communication.

Beats pro wrestling and football imo.

7 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Honestly, it deserves it. I don't love JW1 by any means, but I'll take it over AOU any day of every month. And they probably would too. But nah, I don't think the problem is Ultron, or just Ultron - the problem is Avengers 1, which JW also outgrossed both DOM, OS and WW. That's what triggered them really bad. Can't imagine what would've happened if Avengers was still #3 before The Force Awakens came out.... meltdowns everyday over the inevitability.

And now, FK is having a very worrying drop from JW1, but it seems Marvel fanboys are going the extra mile with the schadenfraude, almost as if they were worried FK was ever gonna even touch the MCU 2018 dominance of BP/IW. Pettyness over small things, my friend. 'Tis what it is.

I still have yet to figure out how an 18% preview drop from a mega-blockbuster is "worrying".

• Like 3

Just now, grey ghost said:

Ignore me.

But don't tell me I can't explore the definition of a spin off in a box office forum.

IM/CA/Thor are not spin-offs.

You could say that SM;H is a spin-off, or that BP was a spin-off.

Ignore me.

But don't tell me I can't explore the definition of a spin off in a box office forum.

I didn't tell you you couldn't, I said that everyone else is in physical pain reading this and would appreciate you stopping

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

Ignore me.

Have you banged your head recently? 

I’m pretty sure you didn’t always act like this?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Why?

Marvel won’t stop.

Jurassic World subfranchises would never make 200M.

Disney.

Lmao.

Well for context someone bragged that JW2 would make more than Iron Man, Thor, Cap.