Water Bottle

Ocean's 8 Weekend Thread | O8: 41.5...Solo 15.1...DP2: 13.6...Hereditary: 13.0

19 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Not sure about seeing Jurassic Park for the first time but I will say moviegoing experience was a hell of a lot better before just about everyone had a smart phone. Exponentially better.

I miss everyone not having a phone on them all the time.  It was much easier to duck people or claim the answering machine ate the message.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Just now, TalismanRing said:

I miss everyone not having a phone on them all the time.  It was much easier to duck people or claim the answering machine ate the message.

This one has never worked in my experience.

9 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Yes. This very much too. What's even funnier now is that if you miss a call or fail to return because you're in a movie and respectfully silenced your people are annoyed. As in, "How could you be completely unavailable for 2 hours."

What's getting worse - and, at least most of these kind dim their screens - people feel entirely in the right to accept and return texts during a movie. Only a matter of time before that's the new normal. Pretty much already is there.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Nobody in my social circle makes phone calls anymore - pretty much only texting except in some circumstances. So, I'm open with my friends - I tell them, if you text me, I may not respond right away. If it is a text, I consider it non-urgent. So, if I'm out with someone, I don't check my phone (unless it is ringing), and if I'm busy and I get the text, I may still not respond right away. If you really want a response from me immediately, then call me. But of course, that's rare - most stuff is non-urgent.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 8

• Community Manager
19 minutes ago, iHeartJames said:

this guy i was dating had some gray pubes but it didn't bother me at all

i don't understand why you think anyone would want to know this

TMI is a thing. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

The moment someone tells me I took too long to respond back to their text is the moment they get placed on the "take my time to respond back," list. 

While life is going on, my phone isn't plastered to my face and anyone who expects that isn't enjoying life themselves. So I take my time to respond back in hopes they get that. 

• Like 1

Ive never had a problem with ppl on their phone at movies and I go quite frequently. Only see the occasional phone during (and they're usually from China where apparently it's the complete norm for everyone to be texting)

Still lots of phone calls, but even in a work context email is close to vanishing for me. Everything is some mix of texting and slack-like chat. It was kinda weird when I recently realized I hadn't sent an email in weeks.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Killimano3 said:

Ive never had a problem with ppl on their phone at movies and I go quite frequently. Only see the occasional phone during (and they're usually from China where apparently it's the complete norm for everyone to be texting)

That definitely explains why most of the time the culprits are Asian people whenever it happens to me. I got testy with these two goofball Asian chicks who were actually watching a YouTube video during IT last September.

Like, come the fuck on.

Edited by JB33

I just don’t get the idea of getting annoyed with someone if they don’t answer immediately. If the day is over and they didn’t answer, that’s one thing, but what could you possibly have to say that warrants:

2:45 - “Hey”

3:02 - “???”

3:06 - “Hellooo”

3:11 - “What are you doing??”

3:18 - “?????”

3:22 - “ANSWER”

3:30 - “Ugh”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, nick64 said:

I just don’t get the idea of getting annoyed with someone if they don’t answer immediately. If the day is over and they didn’t answer, that’s one thing, but what could you possibly have to say that warrants:

2:45 - “Hey”

3:02 - “???”

3:06 - “Hellooo”

3:11 - “What are you doing??”

3:18 - “?????”

3:22 - “ANSWER”

3:30 - “Ugh”

I had to wait 8-9 hours for the second reply in a conversation once :ph34r:

• Community Manager
3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I had to wait 8-9 hours for the second reply in a conversation once :ph34r:

One time I didnt reply for a whole week.

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1