Water Bottle

Ocean's 8 Weekend Thread | O8: 41.5...Solo 15.1...DP2: 13.6...Hereditary: 13.0

Great previews for O8. Hoping it can get to 50M weekend.

15M would be good for Solo, but that seems high to me off of Thu numbers.

Fantastic for Hereditary.

The difference between Hereditary / Hotel Artemis do show how much review matter outside the big studio release in general and outside certain review robust genre I would think.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 2

Hope Hereditary can get to 6 today, but 5.75 would be a great number itself. It's a much better multiplier than ICAN had from it's previews-to-Friday. So assuming it holds better than ICAN throughout the weekend, 15M is still possible. 

Hoping Oceans is able to inch a bit higher tonight to above 16. Either way, there isn't anything to complain about for this week's openers, unless you're CEO of Global Road that is. 

Ocean's 8's previews-to-Friday ratio would also be much worse than Ghostbusters. While I have no idea how much of it's 4M came from the earlier showtimes that would skew numbers, but I would have a hard time seeing it have better legs through the weekend than Ghostbusters did. So that would be just over 40 from a 16 Friday. That's why I hope it goes slightly up

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Thanos Legion said:

The POWAH of Spielberg.

RPO's 221-222m in China could be WB's best result in a single market this year if FB2 Dom falls below that.

Meg China could beat RPO China I guess.

10 minutes ago, A2k Rex said:

RPO has a decent shot at being WB's #1 film dom till FB2 arrives in November.

It's still their highest grossing film of 2018. I wouldn't be shocked if Ocean's 8 edges it though.

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

It's still their highest grossing film of 2018. I wouldn't be shocked if Ocean's 8 edges it though.

with 42 ow O8 would need 3.25x multi to beat RPO. with I2 and JW2 back to back, tough ask if not impossible.

Just now, A2k Rex said:

with 42 ow O8 would need 3.25x multi to beat RPO. with I2 and JW2 back to back, tough ask if not impossible.

Ocean's Twelve and Thirteen did 3.23 multi so it's not impossible for O8 to achieve it. 

4 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

only important thing this weekend is IW crossing $2b

This is what I am thinking but with China numbers, it will be around $1997 billion WW by next week. It will be very close.

Just now, poweranimals said:

So BOM has included the Thursday previews for O8 which is weird since they usually just tack it on to Friday.

Maybe being a 4:00 PM ?

Would be nice if BOM would stop putting box office in virtual days instead of their actual days for every movie and retroactively.

3 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Women have been undeserved in terms of high budget films but there's been quite a bit of variety on the smaller scale lately - Book Club, Adrift, I Feel Pretty, Life Of The Party, Breaking In Overboard etc 

I wonder if the market will expand for O8 or the other films are going to have bigger drops than usual.

Wow, you don't think women deserve high budget films....:sparta:

I guess you meant underserved.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5