Water Bottle

Ocean's 8 Weekend Thread | O8: 41.5...Solo 15.1...DP2: 13.6...Hereditary: 13.0

2 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Women have been undeserved in terms of high budget films but there's been quite a bit of variety on the smaller scale lately - Book Club, Adrift, I Feel Pretty, Life Of The Party, Breaking In Overboard etc 

I wonder if the market will expand for O8 or the other films are going to have bigger drops than usual.

I think the word you guys are looking for is “underserved” not “undeserved.” Kinda changes things a bit lol.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, DAJK said:

Damn, while my 60-70M opening prediction for Christopher Robin might be a little outlandish, I think BOpro is going too low on its opening. Definitely think 40 is WAY more likely than 30. At least we agree that it's going to have a near 4 multiplier

CR - 30/110

Mile 22 - 13/38

Spy who Dumped Me - 17/63

Darkest Minds 12/38

It’s not surprising. No one is going to be predicting high for CR, especially since pre-sales will probably be a bit muted given the type of film it is. It’s the definition of a walk up breakout. August is still relatively unproven too for big grossers, I know the GotG tracking was a fraction of reality. Will just make it all the more satisfying when CR blows past every analyst’s prediction on OW.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

It’s not surprising. No one is going to be predicting high for CR, especially since pre-sales will probably be a bit muted given the type of film it is. It’s the definition of a walk up breakout. August is still relatively unproven too for big grosssers, I know the GotG one tracking was a fraction of reality. Will just make it all the more satisfying when CR blows past every analyst’s prediction on OW.

I'm going 30 to 40m on CR

I think CR can do 60m+ on OW based on the kind of reactions the marketing has gotten on social media and my anecdotal experiences. It also hits at the perfect time for families to be ready for the next appealing movie to them after I2 has died down.

22 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Sandy Bullock be like 

tenor.gif?itemid=6007888

Anyway,i think this previews number is great as i don't think a reinonvated Oceans franchise will have a rush factor.Plus it will skew females and older groups and both tend to show up a bit later.IMO,the internal multy will be very good and i would not count out a mid-50s weekend.

And this is the perfect movie to go along the world cup as  women won't spend the WC nights watching soccer with their boyfriends (i know mine won't) and there is not a better movie out there for a girl gang to enjoy at a movie night out.So i think the multy will also be very good.150+M is not impossible.Eapecially if it follows the franchise's previous entries.

That may be true in international markets, but with the US not in this World's Cup, I see it having a very muted effect in US DOM numbers (for pretty much any movie)...

2.19 Thu for DP2, so it has a shot at 14 weekend...

// last weekend's holds

4.1 (+87%) // +87%

5.8 (+41%) // +45%

4.1 (-29%) // -30%

= 14.0 (-40%)

Edited by A2k Rex
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Community Manager
1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

They've been in for a couple of hours:

Ocean's 8: 4M

Hereditary: 1.3M

Hotel Artemis: 271k

The flood control is the 90 second cool down time everyone has between posts. It's incredibly annoying, but this is what happens when certain users lash out at others.

I don't think it's annoying.

Then again I'm exempt from flood control.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disbelief 1

7 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

I don't think it's annoying.

Then again I'm exempt from flood control.

Honestly if 90 seconds is too much between posts, maybe people gotta take a look outside, smell the fresh air of the world around them 😕 

kidding of course, but I do like the flood control

Edited by DAJK
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Ocean's 8 has literally only sold 1 ticket at my theatre for tonight. Don't know if that means that it's going to bomb here, or if that it's just going to be entirely walk-up based. 

• Astonished 1

https://deadline.com/2018/06/oceans-8-sandra-bullock-box-office-hereditary-hotel-artemis-1202406200/

So far, so good for Warner Bros./Village Roadshow’s all female ensemble Ocean’s 8 with industry figures showing $15M-$16M for Friday (including $4M previews) and a $40M-$42M start which on the high end would rep the best domestic opening for any Ocean’s movie, the previous high held by 2004’s Ocean’s Twelve ($39.1M). These figures do not come from Warner Bros.

Already Ocean’s 8‘s Friday haul is better than all three previous pics in the Warner Bros. franchise including Ocean’s Eleven ($13.3m), Ocean’s Twelve ($14.7M), and Ocean’s Thirteen ($13.1M), repping a notable win for a female-ensemble feature at the box office.

Disney’s Solo: A Star Wars Story is looking at a weekend 3 of $15M, -49% for a running total by Sunday near $176M.

A24’s horror pic Hereditary is overperforming, whipping its earlier week single digit tracking projections for a $13.5M estimated weekend, $5.75M Friday. It’s currently poised to take 3rd, that is if Fox’s Deadpool 2 doesn’t knife it, its fourth weekend forecasted now at $13.3M, -42% for a $278.3M running total. The Ari Aster-directed horror film owns a great 94% certified fresh Rotten Tomatoes score which is gold for a genre pic, enabling it to push even higher.

Global Road’s Hotel Artemis is falling apart with a $3.5M opening after a $1.25M Friday inclusive of $271K previews. Critics have given pic a cold shoulder with 57% Rotten score.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

I know this is only mid-day, so this stuff can very quickly change, but I'm just judging what's available now for us. Very, very good for Ocean's. About what I expected. A touch nervous about my club now.

Pleased with the Swolo and Deadpool drops, even though it doesn't matter what the former film makes at this point. Hope Solo can at least cross $200M.

BAE-24 WITH THE KILLER OPENING :excited:

LOL Hotel Artemis

• Like 1