Water Bottle

Ocean's 8 Weekend Thread | O8: 41.5...Solo 15.1...DP2: 13.6...Hereditary: 13.0

9 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Hotel Artemis had close to zero marketing campaign (legit the only marketing I ever saw for it was a random digital billboard for it along I-95 earlier this week, of all things), so I'm not surprised it's looking to make close to nothing.

It actually had a decent ad push. The problem is nobody cares :lol: 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I was very pleasantly surprised with Ocean's 8's number at 1st...... but then I read "4PM start" + the Wednesday 100K, and that kinda diluted it big time. A "traditional" Thursday start would be at around 3.5 to 3.3 type thing, right around the range of the Ghostbusters reboot's 3.4M. Still a good number, nothing wrong with it, and makes it very likely that it opens in the 38-42M range, depending on how backloaded it is on Friday vs Sat.

$38-42m would be solid, the high end would still be a high for the series. 

I have a feeling we'll probably get a sequel if the multi is similar to the previous Ocean's film, Both Ocean's Twelve and Thirteen had a multi of 3.2 from their OW so a 3.2 multi on $38-42m would give $122-135m domestic the high end would be the highest grossing Ocean's film since the first.

• Like 1

I really hope Ocean's 8 overperforms throughout the weekend. Let's hope it skews older and become more backloaded than Ghostbusters for example.

I wanna see it tomorrow.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Fuck me, 1.3M is even better :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod:  Using The Witch again:

6.8M (5.2x previes)

6.9M (+2%)

4.6M (-34%)

17.3M Weekend

Matter-How-Tough-Gets-Just-Remember-You-

Ocean's pre-sales has started 4pm...:redcapes:

Edited by KeepItU25071906
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, La Binoche said:

Do we think the atrocious O8 RT Aud score is accurate or are unemployed men lashing out at Bullock replacing Clooney? 

That :lol: 

The fact it's over 50% is a miracle compared to other recent movies that were dragged down

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Nova said:

So I'm on my way to NYC for the weekend to look at wedding venues and the correct way to go about this is just nod my head in agreement with everything my fiancé says, correct? 

:sparta:

Have a suggestion or two.  Even if she doesn't like them she'll like that you cared enough to look up things or have an opinion. Just don't fight about it. :lol:

Here's one if you want to do medieval in NYC - https://www.cloisterscastle.com/rental-info

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Do we think the atrocious O8 RT Aud score is accurate or are unemployed men lashing out at Bullock replacing Clooney? 

Probably the second option. Or maybe just a lot of bored alt-rights/trolls just doing their bored alt-right/troll thing. I mean, how DARE they make a movie all about strong, intelligent women, am I right? THEY'RE STEALING OUR WHITE MALE PREVILEGES!

That's the kind of thought they put into things. And this is coming from a straight white male myself.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

That :lol: 

The fact it's over 50% is a miracle compared to other recent movies that were dragged down

To be fair the movie does look pretty lame so I wasnt sure. 

Women should make themselves more of a presence on online film sites. There's no reason a mediocre movie like Shawshank Redemption (ironically enough the male version of a Lifetime Movie) should have a 9.3 on imdb while a masterpiece like Thelma & Louise only has a 7.4. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

Solid preview number for Ocean's 8. I know the previews started at 4:00, but I'd be surprised if many people showed up at the 4:00 or 5:00 hours. I'm more excited about that Hereditary number, which sets it up to hit double digits over the weekend.

• Community Manager
43 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I didnt even know Hotel Artemis existed till ive read this thread here, so....

I think this will explain.

A couple days ago I was eating lunch with Telemachos. He told he wanted to see this movie and he was looking forward to it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9
  • Astonished 2

37 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I really hope Ocean's 8 overperforms throughout the weekend. Let's hope it skews older and become more backloaded than Ghostbusters for example.

I wanna see it tomorrow.

The undeserved woman crowd will seek revenge in theater this weekend....... 

37 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

The backlash against Ocean  8 seems to be much smaller than Ghostbuster.

you tube trailer like vs dislike 

Ghostbuster: 303k vs 1m 

Ocean 8: 109k vs 58k

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I no joke last night spent about 3 or 4 minutes arguing with this older man who was absolutely convinced that it was Monday. Like, nothing I could say could convince him what day it actually was he was all like ''nope, I distinctly remember it being Sunday yesterday'' and he just wouldn't believe me that it wasn't seniors day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

The undeserved woman crowd will seek revenge in theater this weekend....... 

Women have been undeserved in terms of high budget films but there's been quite a bit of variety on the smaller scale lately - Book Club, Adrift, I Feel Pretty, Life Of The Party, Breaking In Overboard etc 

I wonder if the market will expand for O8 or the other films are going to have bigger drops than usual.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 2
  • ...wtf 1