Water Bottle

Ocean's 8 Weekend Thread | O8: 41.5...Solo 15.1...DP2: 13.6...Hereditary: 13.0

5 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Women have been undeserved in terms of high budget films but there's been quite a bit of variety on the smaller scale lately - Book Club, Adrift, I Feel Pretty, Life Of The Party, Breaking In Overboard etc 

I wonder if the market will expand for O8 or the other films are going to have bigger drops than usual.

Those movie are all still low grosser in term of absolute, The number of woman served in big screen is still underwhelming in these cases....

• Like 1

If Ocean's 8 gets within a couple million of 50, I'd be willing to call it a breakout. I was more along the lines of Han's thoughts, that this might do low or mid 30's. I didn't feel the hype and while pre sales were alright, they weren't anything crazy. The fact that this could reach/surpass Ghostbusters opening is actually really nice.

Also, is anyone else curious to how big Action Point is going to drop this weekend:Venom:

Damn, while my 60-70M opening prediction for Christopher Robin might be a little outlandish, I think BOpro is going too low on its opening. Definitely think 40 is WAY more likely than 30. At least we agree that it's going to have a near 4 multiplier

CR - 30/110

Mile 22 - 13/38

Spy who Dumped Me - 17/63

Darkest Minds 12/38

• Like 3

BOP predictions and TCs: https://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-tracking-christopher-robin-incredibles-2-update/

Christopher Robin: 30/110 (OW range of 25-35M)

The Spy Who Dumped Me: 17/63 (OW range of 15-25M)

Mile 22: 13/38 (OW range of 8-15M)

The Darkest Minds: 12/38 (OW range of 8-15M)

They're holding off on Searching for some reason

Incredibles: 138/450 (+10/+6%) (OW range of 130-155M)

SuperFly: 8.5/24 (+6/+20%)

Sicario: 14/37 (-7/-5%)

Jurassic World: 4,200

11 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Wow, the Bad Times at the El Royale trailer is bombing hard; it only has 230k views on YT after almost 24 hours :winomg: It definitely needs to vacate its current date to have any chance at decent numbers.

Thought it was kind a eh trailer too

1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:

Have a suggestion or two.  Even if she doesn't like them she'll like that you cared enough to look up things or have an opinion. Just don't fight about it. :lol:

Here's one if you want to do medieval in NYC - https://www.cloisterscastle.com/rental-info

I'm gonna steal that suggestion you just gave because I wasn't prepared to do any suggesting. Just nodding of the head and saying "That's a great idea!" :ph34r:

But thanks for real lol That place actually looks really neat! Putting it on the list for sure :) 

• Like 1

I know a bunch of you guys are pulling for O8.  Doesn't seem like its got all that great of reviews though, seems pretty mediocre overall.  Top critics say 59%, an average rating of 6.1/10, or 6.3/10 among all critics.  Metacritic reviewers say 60/100.  Not even going to talk about the audience scores as I know they are controversial to many.

I haven't seen the movie so I can't say either way.  I just would've preferred to see this movie with much higher critic scores, rather than 6.x/10 maybe 8-9/10.  Tighten up that script, make it really clever top to bottom.  Ghostbusters 2016 failed because it was schlocky and dumb (I like most all the actors in that movie too), and I'd like to see the actresses in these reboots get served by better scripts.  Clearly they're great and they deserve better than a 6/10 movie.

1 minute ago, Nova said:

I'm gonna steal that suggestion you just gave because I wasn't prepared to do any suggesting. Just nodding of the head and saying "That's a great idea!" :ph34r:

But thanks for real lol That place actually looks really neat! Putting it on the list for sure :) 

Damn it . I'm sorry.  I linked you to the wrong Cloisters. That one is in Baltimore.  (no wonder the prices looked so great) I thought the one in NYC also did events but it doesn't look like it does though there are places around it.  Visit though if you have time

https://www.metmuseum.org/visit/met-cloisters

Here's a page for other locations thought to scan through  and add to make up your suggestion list

https://www.wedding-spot.com/wedding-venues/NYC/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Damn, while my 60-70M opening prediction for Christopher Robin might be a little outlandish, I think BOpro is going too low on its opening. Definitely think 40 is WAY more likely than 30. At least we agree that it's going to have a near 4 multiplier

CR - 30/110

Mile 22 - 13/38

Spy who Dumped Me - 17/63

Darkest Minds 12/38

You're predicting 70m for Christopher Robin? Wut? 

• Astonished 1

19 minutes ago, REC said:

I know a bunch of you guys are pulling for O8.  Doesn't seem like its got all that great of reviews though, seems pretty mediocre overall.  Top critics say 59%, an average rating of 6.1/10, or 6.3/10 among all critics.  Metacritic reviewers say 60/100.  Not even going to talk about the audience scores as I know they are controversial to many.

I haven't seen the movie so I can't say either way.  I just would've preferred to see this movie with much higher critic scores, rather than 6.x/10 maybe 8-9/10.  Tighten up that script, make it really clever top to bottom.  Ghostbusters 2016 failed because it was schlocky and dumb (I like most all the actors in that movie too), and I'd like to see the actresses in these reboots get served by better scripts.  Clearly they're great and they deserve better than a 6/10 movie.

I’m not even going to write a proper reply to this cause it’ll derail the thread for the whole weekend.

But I could. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Damn it . I'm sorry.  I linked you to the wrong Cloisters. That one is in Baltimore.  (no wonder the prices looked so great) I thought the one in NYC also did events but it doesn't look like it does though there are places around it.  Visit though if you have time

https://www.metmuseum.org/visit/met-cloisters

Here's a page for other locations thought to scan through  and add to make up your suggestion list

https://www.wedding-spot.com/wedding-venues/NYC/

I got really excited when I saw the prices because they were cheaper than what I've seen so far today 

:sparta:

Maybe I'll book it there and trick her. Great way to start off a marriage don't ya think? With lies and deception :ph34r:

But thanks for that list! I'm gonna take a look at it later tonight when we get to the hotel. Gonna make it seem like I came prepared and all for this 😎

• Like 2