Asyulus

INCREDIBLES 2 Weekend |🏆| ACTUALS: 182.7M OW | O8 19M, Tag 14.9M, Solo 10M, DP2 8.7M, IW 5.4M

1 hour ago, water said:

you guys realize awit would have done a respectable 120-130m if racism didn't exist right? it was sabotaged before it even came out, you can see that from the disproportionate dislikes on all its youtube videos

Using sociopolitical issues as a crutch to explain the failure of movies is a bigger disservice to those specific causes because it dilutes the argument when it actually happens. This is what happens when you go too woke.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, bladels said:

Yeah, it's the good hold but its OW was a little underwhelming.

I'm seeing $600-700M OS. Under BP WW is likely.

I think under BP WW is locked now (with China not breaking out to bigger number than JW1)

Even with 850M OS (which is the most optimistic scenario), it’s gonna need 500M domestic to pass BP. 

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

OH MY FUCKING GOD I almost got completely screwed on QOTW

@WrathOfHan @Jake Gittes @bcf26 @Fancyarcher @JJ-8 @ZeeSoh pray that actuals for Ocean's 8 don't go down

Thing is they probably will. It has zero reason to drop 15% on Sunday being a female-led movie. 

Between this, Book Club officially saying goodbye to 68m, and Tag opening $1.4m lower than my sotm 7 prediction my summer game took a real hit this weekend

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

1 minute ago, a2k said:

Under BP seems locked. However 600-700 is too conservative imo.

370 OS:

258.1 OS-China after 61.7 weekend. Should add 100 more.

111.9 China after 111.9 weekend. Should add 90 more.

So 370 + 100 + 90 = 560 with Latin America and Japan to more.

Should do ~150 from those new markets for 560 + 150 = 710 OS

340-390 Dom gives 1050-1100 WW.

yeah, I just check release info again (it still has quite a lot countries yet to open), it should do $700M+ OS. Hope DOM can reach $400M

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Istealnames said:

Using sociopolitical issues as a crutch to explain the failure of movies is a bigger disservice to those specific causes because it dilutes the argument when it actually happens. This is what happens when you go too woke.

LOOOL... all i said is it would have made a bit more. you guys are acting like awit made 20m and i said it would make 200m without racism. when it made 100m and i said it would make 120m without racism. why are you all so bothered?????

1 minute ago, Jake Gittes said:

Thing is they probably will. It has zero reason to drop 15% on Sunday being a female-led movie. 

Between this, Book Club officially saying goodbye to 68m, and Tag opening $1.4m lower than my sotm 7 prediction my summer game took a real hit this weekend

I'm so glad I didn't go any higher than 10M on that. Even that was in jeopardy a few days ago

While adults led the charge on Thursday and Friday, ComScore/Screen Engine’s PostTrak shows that the under 25 set grew to 66% on Incredibles 2 with 18-24 repping 40% of the crowd, and 13-17 pulling in 26% of the crowd. With no other mega animated title of this size on the summer schedule, Incredibles 2 will own the season with a $500M-$600M domestic take, plus this movie has an enormous 83% definite recommend and an overall positive of 93%, five stars.

Imax alone took in $14.1M from Incredibles 2, the second biggest June opening of all-time for the large format exhibitor.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, water said:

LOOOL... all i said is it would have made a bit more. you guys are acting like awit made 20m and i said it would make 200m without racism. when it made 100m and i said it would make 120m without racism. why are you all so bothered?????

Because racism had very very very very very little to do with why it bombed

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Because racism had very very very very very little to do with why it bombed

i love how statements like this are apparently objective fact but not the other way around. are you just not reading what i'm saying at all????? i've never claimed that it was more than a small effect. you guys are for some reason vehemently denying that it even had that small effect

4 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

While adults led the charge on Thursday and Friday, ComScore/Screen Engine’s PostTrak shows that the under 25 set grew to 66% on Incredibles 2 with 18-24 repping 40% of the crowd, and 13-17 pulling in 26% of the crowd. With no other mega animated title of this size on the summer schedule, Incredibles 2 will own the season with a $500M-$600M domestic take, plus this movie has an enormous 83% definite recommend and an overall positive of 93%, five stars.

Imax alone took in $14.1M from Incredibles 2, the second biggest June opening of all-time for the large format exhibitor.

Insane. Truly is the most  4 quad animated movie since Shrek 2. And the huge family turnout on Sat supports that the movie is indeed going to play like great WOM animation plays. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, water said:

i love how statements like this are apparently objective fact but not the other way around. are you just not reading what i'm saying at all????? i've never claimed that it was more than a small effect. you guys are for some reason vehemently denying that it even had that small effect

2cdztc.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1