Asyulus

INCREDIBLES 2 Weekend |🏆| ACTUALS: 182.7M OW | O8 19M, Tag 14.9M, Solo 10M, DP2 8.7M, IW 5.4M

17 minutes ago, Rthanos said:

quick flyby2

o8 7.4,Tag 4.9, Solo 3.5,DP2 3.3 

Out of reacts, but thanks for the post as always... even if it’s missing the Sat number I was 2nd most interested in 😛      

Looks like Solo will indeed beat DP this weekend, expecting them to swap sometimes next week still.

If I2 beats Rogue One, which is quite likely atm, Disney will have 3 movies into top 10 of DOM all time in one year: BP, IW2 and I2.

Wordwide BP and IW2 made into the Top10 as well. Now we only need I2 to make more than HP2 WW which is 1.34BN and and it will be in top10 WW too.

What a crazy year for Disney.:ohmyzod:

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 1

Just now, vc2002 said:

If I2 beats Rogue One, which is quite likely atm, Disney will have 3 movies into top 10 of DOM all time in one year: BP, IW2 and I2.

WW BP and IW2 made into the Top10 as well. Now we only need I2 to make more than HP2 WW which is 1.34BN and and it will be in top10 WW too.

What a crazy for Disney.:ohmyzod:

Also shows it's easier to make big money now

2 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

I'm pretty sure it's gonna be extremely hard to make big money when Avatar 2 hits the theather. :redcapes:

Thats certainly true since there wont be that many movie theaters anymore in 2098.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, vc2002 said:

I'm pretty sure it's gonna be extremely hard to make big money when Avatar 2 hits the theather. :redcapes:

I'm consistent VC you know that, in 2020 it will be even easier to make big money. However $1.2b dom will be nothing to scoff at.

13 hours ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Saying that fudge is "dishonest" is silly talk. It's business we are talking about what being honest has to do with it. The studio will benefit a lot from reaching those milestones so of cource they will do everything they can to make it happen. It's not like 2 or 3 millions are making that much of a difference all around.

If someone or something is benefitting from dishonest reporting, how is the practice in itself not dishonest? 

12 hours ago, narniadis said:

Gotta love self-righteousness on display by newer folks...

Get with the program and learn why things happen instead of standing on a stool shouting your outrage - will make your time much more enjoyable.

That being said,

Back from a week without internet and WOW love that OD for Incredibles. Also - kudos to the individual who mentioned that Wrinkle might be John Carter'd this weekend - looks like you were right.

Solid weekend - much needed after the slower last three weeks.

I have to agree with the newer poster who called this smug, or more appropriately arrogant and ignorant. 

Who cares if you have been here longer? This mentality doesn't lead to progress (Evidence: How the real world works). 

We know why studios fudge, but it is a bad practice because the numbers are not accurate. For us, it's just enthusiasts about grosses, but for smaller companies or anyone who has to deal with these studios bossing them around, it's their income.

11 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

He's allowed to be. You aren't.

I don't think there was anything wrong with the way the new poster posted. No one is allowed to be smug or arrogant. Check yourself on this one mate.

10 hours ago, narniadis said:

Nope it feels pretty great :hahaha:

When you have followed box office as long as some of us have, you get used to the perceived injustice of the studios accounting. It is sometimes fun to witness newbs naivete but generally speaking if you are willing to learn the ins and outs and not be a dick (which has been your behavior) things run much more smoothly... besides nothing beats #puertorico09 #neverforget or the clear inflation of the OWs by including thursdays business. 

What is happening to Wrinkle is just minuscule in comparison. 

He or she wasn't a dick until you acted like one. Don't revise history.

It is not an injustice to anyone here, but as I have said, it is an injustice to somebody who is in this business. Americans should know all about corporations oppressing individuals and smaller businesses. Disneyland? ISPs? 

The previews should never have been counted into OD grosses, but BOM was soft and relented (unlike Matrix 03). But, anyone fudging OWs etc. aren't that big a deal in the real world unlike scrounging up numbers for $100m and $200m and whatever other benchmarks there are. 

9 hours ago, Barnack said:

Not pissing of people with bonus they obtain a 100m dbo could be part of the motivation, but just the TV/streaming contract that tend to have 100/200 benchmark changing how much they pay for playing the movies is more than enough to explain those behavior I would think.

Good post by a great poster and a more appropriate response than what came before. 

One again, someone or some company has to pay more for dubious and incorrect reporting of numbers. 

6 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Incredibles 2 is Pixar’s best sequel except for maybe TS3. I had a blast, it’s almost as good as the first. The characters are lovingly done, the action is infinitely better than the first, the writing and humor are excellent. This will have solid WOM for sure. Kids and adults will love this.

On a side note, both trailers for Grinch, Robin and HT3 got the best reception and my showing was mainly adults (Dragon 3 and Ralph 2 were also strong and TTG had some chuckles). I’m extremely confident in the latter two. 

Saying it one time for y’all, Robin is doing $300M+, and HT3 is doing $180M+.

Not that the Dragon franchise seems particularly loved by Americans, but you'd think that the audience would appreciate it more when seeing something like Incredibles 2 rather than Hotel Transylvania 3. The latter franchise is one of the worst successful ones with its sequels full DTV mode and yet they have been a success. Hopefully this will no longer be the case. It needs to go the way of Ice Age's last instalment. What a tiresome, no-effort franchise. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Presales for Incredibles 2 ("I2") in China for next Friday (OD) doesn't look so good. 

Just like what many critics pointed out I2 lacked the emotional factor. This is an important factor that allowed Coco to do so well in China.. as well as the reason for the surprise multiplier of Wonder and A Dog's purpose in China BO.

I am sure I2 will do well in China, but the numbers may not be amazing.

26 minutes ago, a2k said:

If I2 can't beat Frozen ww (1.276b) than which animation can...Frozen 2?

I don't think Minions 2 or TS4 will cross 1.2b ww even in the optimistic case.

avatar 2 (avatar meets the academies definition of an animation(I'm serious))

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Taruseth said:

71.6M Friday

so 53.1M True Friday

That makes 

18.5M

53.1M

53M

40M (-24.5%)

OW: 164.6M (pessimistic)

18.5M

53.1M

58M (+9.3%)

52M (-10.3%)

OW: 181.6M (optimistic)

59M Thursday means, it could get to that 181.6M with a drop of around 13% for a 51.1M Sunday.

Disney will probably predict 31%, nah probably more like a 33% drop for a 39.5M Sunday and a 170M OW.

Edited by Taruseth

17 hours ago, Deep Wang said:

Yes, if this does $400m, and that's a BIG if.

If I2 does have a $170m opening weekend, $400m DOM is going to be pretty likely, though the big wild card is how much a hit it takes from Jurassic next week, because Jurassic is going to have  a similar kind of opening. That's going to have a big impact. 

1 hour ago, kayumanggi said:

This will obliterate SOLO in FOUR days.

Because nearly everyone wanted an Incredibles sequel but a lot of Star Wars fans,  casual and hardcore, weren't asking for a Han Solo movie.  It's lucky it's getting over 200mil domestically. Lucky that real comp wasn't scheduled until Fallen Kingdom.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

If I2 does have a $170m opening weekend, $400m DOM is going to be pretty likely, though the big wild card is how much a hit it takes from Jurassic next week, because Jurassic is going to have  a similar kind of opening. That's going to have a big impact. 

Animated film. $600m are likely. $400m are done. 

As Disney will get to 2B before the end of the month, I think Disney could get there on Tuesday.

When will Disney hit the 3B.

It's at 1776.1M after the last weekend.

The films that opened before this weekend should be good for Bp: $1M, WiT: $2.5M, Solo: $40M, IW: $30M for a total of 1849.6M and I2 could get to 625M which would mean 2474.6M

Ant-Man could gross around 250M for 2724.6M and CR could get around 125M for 2849.6M and Nutcracker could get around 75M before Thanksgiving for 2924.6M so 75.4M would be missing and that should be doable with Wreck-It-Ralph opening and the fourth Weekend of Nutcracker.

So on the Thanksgiving weekend?