Eric Prime

Tuesday Numbers l JW2 $18.4M

Why is this thread dominated by IW talk when it's not making anything significant anymore? 

Anyway, The Incredibles 2 really starting to look kinda disappointing leg-wise. Total-wise, it's astounding, but looks like it's acting more like a superhero blockbuster than an animation one. Makes sense in a way when you look at its OW, older Americans still aren't open enough to embrace animation fully though. 

Too bad IW didn't win the year. Much better movie than Black Panther. 

2 hours ago, BK007 said:

Why is this thread dominated by IW talk when it's not making anything significant anymore? 

Anyway, The Incredibles 2 really starting to look kinda disappointing leg-wise. Total-wise, it's astounding, but looks like it's acting more like a superhero blockbuster than an animation one. Makes sense in a way when you look at its OW, older Americans still aren't open enough to embrace animation fully though. 

Too bad IW didn't win the year. Much better movie than Black Panther. 

I agree.

7 hours ago, Rebeccas said:

I mean, if you wanna call IW divisive, okay? But it's very very clear that movies like Solo and JW2 are like 100 feet below it so you just gotta come up with some other word to describe those. You cannot lump IW together with that. 

And yet you lump FK with Solo. The irony. 

1 minute ago, stripe said:

Tue 18.37

If Wed drops 20% (stellar number) - 14.6M

if it drops 25% - 13.8M

if it drops 30% - 12.8M

if it drops 35% - 11.95M

With the increase being so huge Tuesday I'm going with a 30% drop. 

• Like 1

Movies that are good but have either flat or dry/heavy screenplays though appears to have good reviews , good wom , good opening weekend will show their weakness in with okay or decent legs.This films are neither extremely liked by audience nor will have much repeat value in DVD's or TV.

Few recent movies that I felt similar cases are

Infinity War

Civilwar

Apes2

Apes3

Infinity War problem is more of flat screenplay.The larger anticipation / interest of audience driven it's boxoffice a bit more than usual.

Just my observation.

• ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, poweranimals said:

Except it did win the year. What other movie made 2 billion?

Yeah maybe American media will crown Black Panther but the rest of the world will see IW as being the biggest box office hit of the year

Edited by Jessie

1 hour ago, Nostalgia said:

Movies that are good but have either flat or dry/heavy screenplays though appears to have good reviews , good wom , good opening weekend will show their weakness in with okay or decent legs.This films are neither extremely liked by audience nor will have much repeat value in DVD's or TV.

Few recent movies that I felt similar cases are

Infinity War

Civilwar

Apes2

Apes3

Infinity War problem is more of flat screenplay.The larger anticipation / interest of audience driven it's boxoffice a bit more than usual.

Just my observation.

Um...what? I don't think that what you've said has anything to do with rewatchability of any superhero movie or their legs or whatnot.

As for the Apes franchise, both Dawn and War are a lot less blockbuster friendly than Rise. It's a wonder that Fox even managed to stay away from meddling too much with it and let it be its own thing. I'm glad they exist, even if audiences didn't come out to support as much as they do other light franchises. 

And back to what you were referring to, dry and heavy are different things. In fact, flat is also different from dry. So, not sure what you were saying, but none of the movies match it. As dark or dramatic as some of those are, they are far from heavy. 

1 hour ago, poweranimals said:

Except it did win the year. What other movie made 2 billion?

Obvs I meant domestic with that statement. I know the US isn't everything, and I'm not even American, but it's still the market we all refer to the most. 

8 hours ago, BK007 said:

Um...what? I don't think that what you've said has anything to do with rewatchability of any superhero movie or their legs or whatnot.

As for the Apes franchise, both Dawn and War are a lot less blockbuster friendly than Rise. It's a wonder that Fox even managed to stay away from meddling too much with it and let it be its own thing. I'm glad they exist, even if audiences didn't come out to support as much as they do other light franchises. 

And back to what you were referring to, dry and heavy are different things. In fact, flat is also different from dry. So, not sure what you were saying, but none of the movies match it. As dark or dramatic as some of those are, they are far from heavy

That was what i meant , they turned franchise heavy instead of staying light for being a blockbuster friendly.

I mean they are heavy for their respective franchises & genres.