YM!

Weekend Thread | Hotel 3 $44.1 Skyscraper 25.4, Ant Man’s size does matter with $28.8M

Both numbers for the bigger new releases disappoint me a lot. But - let's say HT 3 gets to 16M on Friday - isn't the muliplier a bit too pessimistic for a so far quite well liked family film?

Ouch on Skyscraper! :sarah: hopefully Universal and The Rock can recover from this mess.

In reality not bad for HT3. Just a third movie kids flick that should hold up with audiences in the dailies. So Friday matinées won’t be too reliant at this point 

33 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Eh, he survived Baywatch flopping, he'll survive this. This movie will also be swiftly forgotten about anyway.

And yes, those numbers are terrible. Just goes to show that when the film isn't appealing, people won't show up.

Legendary is lucky they were part of JW and Mamma Mia! because their track record with Universal hasn't been great. 

If HT3 does do $40-42m then that's not great for Sony although it'll be profitable as the budget is only $65m

Just now, That One Guy said:

We had Solo less than 2 months ago and it ended up being one of the longest weekend threads lmao

Yeah but that still made over $200M in total. This looks like it might even struggle to $50M?

5 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Legendary is lucky they were part of JW and Mamma Mia! because their track record with Universal hasn't been great. 

If HT3 does do $40-42m then that's not great for Sony although it'll be profitable as the budget is only $65m

Guessing it’ll do more a $16M Friday seems too low for just $42M besides it’s doing solid OS. It’s either outpacing HT2 via DHD. https://deadline.com/2018/07/hotel-transylvania-3-summer-vacation-australia-record-international-box-office-1202426326/

• Like 1

Just now, LonePirate said:

Sorry to Bother You is some fucked up shit. It’s seriously fucked up beyond words.

I might be seeing it tonight (in a near-empty auditorium from what the sales are looking like). Excited.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

I blame Fandango and thier lying ass - it's selling better than Rampage notice yesterday.   :whip:

Yet on Fandango it was selling about  68% over Mon - Wed - I should have believed in those numbers instead of the press release.

I would be curious under which special category they could have possibly find a way to say it if it was not an outright lie.

13 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I would have thought at least 80m for HT3 (first one was a bit over 100m second one around 85m)

HT 2 was a 35/65 dbo/intl type of breakdown and an over 3.5 legs

40-42 if that budget is only $65m that would be great

40 * 3.5 / .3 = 466m WW on a 65m budget.

1 minute ago, Barnack said:

I would have thought at least 80m for HT3 (first one was a bit over 100m second one around 85m)

HT 2 was a 35/65 dbo/intl type of breakdown and an over 3.5 legs

40-42 if that budget is only $65m that would be great

40 * 3.5 / .3 = 466m WW on a 65m budget.

Sony has moved their animation studios to Vancouver which cuts costs significantly although DHD has it at $80m so maybe that's correct.