Eric the Fall Guy

Weekend Thread: Equalizer 2 pulls off an upset win over Mamma Mia 2 - 35.83M to 34.44M

14 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

You mean sequalizes:sparta:

I'll be curious how Teen Titans Go! does next week, WB isn't giving it much promotional push but I could see it doing over $15m OW

... $20M OW.

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I think it does $14M.

I think if it matches or beats tracking then it's a success, the budget is rumoured to be $7m which seems super cheap but means it'll be profitable from just the OW alone 

Hopefully the combo of First Reformed and Mamma Mia 2 at least leads to Amanda Seyfried appearing more consistently in interesting projects again. She certainly deserves better than useless roles in trash Seth MacFarlane vehicles.

• Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

Hopefully the combo of First Reformed and Mamma Mia 2 at least leads to Amanda Seyfried appearing more consistently in interesting projects again. She certainly deserves better than useless roles in trash Seth MacFarlane vehicles.

Her eyes are big and full of expresssion, they deserve to be utilized

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

I wonder if there will be an Equalizer 3. All gonna depend on whether Denzel wants to do it, which will probably depend on whether Antoine Fuqua wants to do it as well. If I had to guess the only reason this was made was because these two will never turn down the opportunity to work with each other, which is probably why Denzel's never made a sequel until now.

"While Washington said whether they make another movie is "up to the people," Wenk said, "I have [the third film] all in my head. It starts right from the end of this one."

Producer Steve Tisch said, "What people want from Denzel and what they want to get from an Equalizer sequel they are going to get with the sequel. I'm excited for there to be an Equalizer 3."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/denzel-washington-equalizer-2-not-a-sequel-movie-premiere-1128117

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, filmlover said:

ahem you wanna say the combo of Twin Peaks and First Reformed there. 

amanda seafood's always been pretty underrated. ever since she was the second best part of mean girls. best obviously McAdams who, despite her career going pretty well, is also underrated. her in game night is one of the top 5 performances of the year so far.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

amanda seafood's always been pretty underrated. ever since she was the second best part of mean girls. best obviously McAdams who, despite her career going pretty well, is also underrated. her in game night is one of the top 5 performances of the year so far.

I laughed.

Also agreed re: Game Night. That movie deserves a SAG Ensemble nom but of course won't get one.

Can’t wait for actuals to come in perfectly equalized.         

AM&tW Sunday looks a smidge pessimistic to me, but nice hold either way. 1600M year for Marvel Studios is back on the table.

• Like 1