sfran43

Weekend Thread: HTM heading for about 10 mill..CRA killing it with projected 4% drop

WB should have a solid rest of the year. Meg should end at $120M-$125M DOM. CRA imho will ultimately reach $200M, maybe ending in the $230M-$240M range haven’t seen the film yet myself due to IRL issues but I want to see it but I can also see it being WB’s biggest film domestically of the year. The Nun could do $150M+, maybe even more if hype kicks up. Smallfoot I’m now thinking could cruise over $100M DOM, (thinking Zendaya/LeBron may help it) and be a good win for WAG. A Star is Born I also can in that $150M-$200M range. Beasts will be somewhere between $200M-$230M as the same goes for Aqua man. Creed II will also be a nice moneymaker too.

Hot Take but if Venom ends up being way frontloaded, CRA as the highest grossing film DOM from August-December, even over Poppins, which is being way overpredicted.

I really don’t get why Aquaman would go over $400M (only three solo origins have passed that number, and two had novelty/much more cultural relevance) or $300M when there’s a damn movie for it’s main demo every week this holidays and screen space is going to be so limited due to the amount of films. It’s sharing its PLFs with Alita, (don’t think it’ll do Avatar numbers or R1 numbers like the Cameron stans are foaming for, but I can seee RP1 numbers), opens next to another potentially big CBM, and Bumblebee is looking strong also.  

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, James said:

Finally caught MI6 this weekend and it was easily the best movie I've seen so far this year! And imo, the best of the franchise. It deserves all the money it can get.

It was fantastic.  I wish it made more money cos it deserves it

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

WB should have a solid rest of the year. Meg should end at $120M-$125M DOM. CRA imho will ultimately reach $200M, maybe ending in the $230M-$240M range haven’t seen the film yet myself due to IRL issues but I want to see it but I can also see it being WB’s biggest film domestically of the year. The Nun could do $150M+, maybe even more if hype kicks up. Smallfoot I’m now thinking could cruise over $100M DOM, (thinking Zendaya/LeBron may help it) and be a good win for WAG. A Star is Born I also can in that $150M-$200M range. Beasts will be somewhere between $200M-$230M as the same goes for Aqua man. Creed II will also be a nice moneymaker too.

The Nun being the highest grossing of all of the other Conjuring movies is strange, but we will just have to see. Animation generally does well, so that Smallfoot movie possibly might go that high. A Star Is Born is certainly not going that high. It is banking on Oscar buzz to go that high, but it going wide at the beginning of October ensures that it is not going to be playing in many theaters when the Oscar boost generally happens. I agree about Aquaman and the Harry Potter universe movie, which might actually go lower. I see Creed II increasing from the original movie's run at the box office. If Crazy Rich Asians grosses $200,000,000+, it might be Warner Brothers' highest grossing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, diddykongracing128 said:

Same Routine with Mccarthy. "HA HA I'm fat" "Ha Ha look at me, i am doing wacky things, oh and i am fat" "Fat Fat fat" "Hey i yell out loud. Am i funny yet?"

One horse pony she is. No surprise audiences are getting tired of her.

Image result for you're delightful gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, diddykongracing128 said:

Same Routine with Mccarthy. "HA HA I'm fat" "Ha Ha look at me, i am doing wacky things, oh and i am fat" "Fat Fat fat" "Hey i yell out loud. Am i funny yet?"

One horse pony she is. No surprise audiences are getting tired of her.

Except that's not what any of her movies are about at all whatsoever. And she's not nearly as heavy as what she wants was. Maybe you should see a movie first before you criticize it. Just a thought.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Damn boys and girls, looks like someone has finally arrived to TELL IT LIKE IT IS about all the actors and the movies

I'll never understand people who join only to announce themselves as an abrasive online personality like that's gonna endear themselves to anyone. It's like an open invitation to be banned sooner or later.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'll never understand people who join only to announce themselves as an abrasive online personality like that's gonna endear themselves to anyone. It's like an open invitation to be banned sooner or later.

I first arrived for The Force Awakens (which sucked) and I'm still here!

Never-mind I guess I didn't come out swinging.

Edited by IronJimbo