sfran43

Weekend Thread: HTM heading for about 10 mill..CRA killing it with projected 4% drop

CRA was great and hilarious. Constance Wu is a star in the making, and it's cool to see a romcom doing so well.

It's legs have been insanely good too. Based off the incredible drop this weekend, I think 200m+ is very likely. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 3

This will be the second week in a row I haven't used my AMC A-List subscription 🙄

I'm very impressed by CRA. It's a one-time watch, though (for me).

I saw M:I-F six times. I will probably never watch it again. I'm not wasting my time on HTM.

Crazy Rich Asians having a under 10% drop without holidays helping it is outstanding! It would be amazing if Saturday had some crazy increase with matinees, and It did even better like last weekend. 

Good holdovers overall this weekend, but the new releases are all dreadful. 

• Like 1

Sub 45% hold for Meg. 130+ dom is very likely. Needs to add about 2.2x this weekend more to it's cume.

5.1 (+55%)

3.4 (-33%)

= 11.8 (-44%); 104.1 cume

104.1 + 11.8*2.2 = 130.1 

• Like 1

I saw the Canadian movie today called Little Italy. It's got a fantastic cast which includes Emma Roberts Hayden Christensen Andrea Martin Danny Aiello and Jane Seymour. It was such an awesome movie and a wonderful experience. It's the best time I've had at the theater so far this year and it's too bad it didn't have an American backer behind it because it really could have had a good run in North America. As it is I think it will do very very well in Canada and will have good legs here. The audience seemed to laugh at everything and there was lots of good remarks coming out of the theater. Maybe you guys should look for it on Netflix somewhere down the road. It's an awesome funny terrific Beautiful film about love and friendship and family.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Searching looks like it’s going to have a pretty underwhelming PTA considering it’s only in 9 cinemas. 

When I last checked on Thursday and Friday it was barely selling in LA.  The only sold out showing was the one with Q&A at the end.

29 minutes ago, baumer said:

I saw the Canadian movie today called Little Italy. It's got a fantastic cast which includes Emma Roberts Hayden Christensen Andrea Martin Danny Aiello and Jane Seymour. It was such an awesome movie and a wonderful experience. It's the best time I've had at the theater so far this year and it's too bad it didn't have an American backer behind it because it really could have had a good run in North America. As it is I think it will do very very well in Canada and will have good legs here. The audience seemed to laugh at everything and there was lots of good remarks coming out of the theater. Maybe you guys should look for it on Netflix somewhere down the road. It's an awesome funny terrific Beautiful film about love and friendship and family.

I mentioned it in a thread a few days back cause I’ve kept getting the trailer for it. Both emma Roberts and Hayden Christensen look like they’re giving pretty good performances, and I said the movie didn’t look half bad.

I only got a response or two about how bad the movie apparently was :lol: 

Glad to hear you liked it though! It will be playing in victoria next week when I get there, you recommend I see it?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

I mentioned it in a thread a few days back cause I’ve kept getting the trailer for it. Both emma Roberts and Hayden Christensen look like they’re giving pretty good performances, and I said the movie didn’t look half bad.

I only got a response or two about how bad the movie apparently was :lol: 

Glad to hear you liked it though! It will be playing in victoria next week when I get there, you recommend I see it?

Absolutely! Like I said it's charming and sweet and very funny and there's a lot of good chemistry with a lot of the actors. I'm very curious as to who said the movie sucked seeing as just got released yesterday LOL

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, baumer said:

Absolutely! Like I said it's charming and sweet and very funny and there's a lot of good chemistry with a lot of the actors. I'm very curious as to who said the movie sucked seeing as just got released yesterday LOL

Probably I said the trailer looked awful and the reviews said the movie was awful:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/little_italy_2018

Not that the movie was bad (have not seen it).

• Like 1

I honestly don't know what critics don't like about the movie. It's a Charming romantic comedy about friendship and family and it takes place in downtown Toronto. Not that it being Canadian makes it that much better but it's just a really Charming sweet film. So I'm not sure what people didn't like about it.

10 minutes ago, diddykongracing128 said:

Crazy Rich Asians is the Black Panther of Asians: An overrated mediocre formulaic movie propped up cause critics will be called racists if they admit it is bad.

One is the highest Highest grossing marvel film in North America with a multiplier of 3.5

The other is is heading towards one of the smallest non holiday second weekend drops in a long time.

audiences disagree with you. Stay mad though :) 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, diddykongracing128 said:

Crazy Rich Asians is the Black Panther of Asians: An overrated mediocre formulaic movie propped up cause critics will be called racists if they admit it is bad.

Actually this is the Black Panther of Asians 

1045375.jpg

• Like 1