sfran43

Weekend Thread: HTM heading for about 10 mill..CRA killing it with projected 4% drop

I don't understand why WB didn't give Rampage double features with the Meg. They pair perfectly together, and Rampage would have easily gotten over $100 million given how close it already was to the milestone.

Edited by KP1025
  • Like 3

Summer multipliers update:

Infinity War: 2.6336

Overboard: 3.4203

Life of the Party: 2.9552

Breaking In: 2.6395

Deadpool 2: 2.5366

Book Club: 5.0482

Show Dogs: 2.9571

Solo: 2.5301

Adrift: 2.7101

Ocean's 8: 3.3378

Hereditary: 3.2447

Incredibles 2: 3.2682

Tag: 3.6374

Superfly: 2.9902

Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom: 2.7903

Sicario: Day of the Soldado: 2.6239

Uncle Drew: 2.7759

Ant-Man and the Wasp: 2.7894

The First Purge: 3.9604

Hotel Transylvania 3: 3.5987

Skyscraper: 2.6861

The Equalizer 2: 2.7220

Mamma Mia 2: 3.2979

Mission Impossible: Fallout: 3.1664

Teen Titans Go: 2.6643

Christopher Robin: 3.1575

The Spy Who Dumped Me: 2.6719

The Darkest Minds: 2.1204

The Meg: 2.3193

Slender Man: 2.2339

BlacKkKlansman: 2.9540

Crazy Rich Asians: 2.8977

Mile 22: 1.8358

Alpha: 1.9474

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

I don't understand why WB didn't give Rampage double features with the Meg. They pair perfectly together, and Rampage would have easily gotten over $100 million given how close it already was to the milestone.

No one knew Meg was breaking out to that extent, that was probably the reason.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I'm pretty sure Rampage has been available to watch at home for a while too, which is probably another reason (not that it stopped Disney from getting Black Panther past $700M lmao).

Wrinkle in Time getting an Avengers bump, a Mother’s Day expansion, Solo double features and then Incredibles double features will remain the best fudge in quite a while.

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, Steele131 said:

None of the DCEU movie have flopped though. 🤔

Well I guess one did.

SSS did amazing, it's legs were meh, but damm that opening weekend. Marvel still doesn't reach that lv op hype with first movie releases (other than BP). WW did amazing, crazy legs, good movie too. I enjoyed man of steel/ also had a good boxoffice. BvS, didn't like the movie that much but did good at the boxoffice. (a big success, but didn't match my expectations, but that my own fault). 

I am looking forward to Aquaman and I have full trust in James Wan to make a good movie.

So yeah the boxoffice for the DCU has been great (other than JL, which was a flop). I think the biggest problem is that most of their movies (other than WW and JL) have had crazy good opening weekend but fell off pretty hard afterwards. Obviously WW wom kicked in over the weekend and had insane legs for a SH movie, so hoping Aquaman does the same (leg wise).

Btw I don't hate DC at all, I just know Napoleon is a big DC fan and really hates marvel so I thought it might tease him a bit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

The Rock probably already thinks Rampage passed $100m. He said Jumanji was a $1bn grosser (not far off mind you) 

But The Rock hasn't congratulated Statham for the success of The Meg: it will soon beat Rampage worldwide.

The start of a new F&F rivalry? :Venom:

Hi Ladies and Gents.

As a box office freak, this forum is my favorite site, I just never comment because my shitty english.

But here we are, I brought some news I want to share, so our man Dwayne doesn't have to be entirely sad.

According to Movie City News, Rampage has passed the 100 million milestone.

http://moviecitynews.com/2018/08/the-weekend-report-298/

• Like 5