Jayhawk the Hutt

Knives Out | Nov 27 2019 | 18th Most Profitable Movie of 2019 | Coming to Amazon Prime June 12

7 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Don't reed any of the replies b/c there's another scumbag so-called SW fan ruining the film in the comments.

Normally I am not paranoid about spoilers like some people, but I am being very careful with Knives Out.

When I see a Whodunnit for the first time, I do not want to know whodunit until the film makes the big reveal.

And I was expecting some Asshat SW fan to ruin it out of spite .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

And I was expecting some Asshat SW fan to ruin it out of spite .

I've seen a couple of them on Twitter openly saying they want this movie to fail and that they hope Rian Johnson (or whatever cheap and childish nickname they're using for him) should never work in the industry again.

F*** them. I'm seeing this film. Heck, there isn't really anything I'm interested in seeing the weekend after it comes out, so maybe I'll see it twice!

2 hours ago, baumer said:

This is getting insanely positive reviews.  Simply can't wait to see this.

It's the perfect turn of events for him after all the TLJ stuff. As someone who had a lot of issues with TLJ, I'm genuinely happy for him. 

Some friends and I are planning a big, fun evening centred around this movie. Can't wait!

• Like 2

I can't remember a marketing/social media campaign that has been this downright FUN! Like, forget trailers/clips/posters/TV spots and what not, the social media activity is selling the film on its own. The movie feels like an event at this point. Hopefully the box office totally shocks us with a $50M opening or something.

5 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Always a huge red flag.

When a film is being talked about by both critics and audiences as being really good.....that's a red flag?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/16/2019 at 9:42 AM, baumer said:

When a film is being talked about by both critics and audiences as being really good.....that's a red flag?

When the consensus among critics is too big, it s red flag territory yes.

They have a strong hive mind mentality since their cultural and sociological backgrounds are quite homogenous.

Edited by The Futurist
  • ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

When the consensus among critics is too big, it s red flag territory yes.

They have a strong hive mind mentality since their cultural and sociological backgrounds are quite homogenous.

Right...

And when they don't agree on whether a movie or show is good or not, the hive-mind mentality has suddenly disappeared?

There simply is no logic behind what you are saying. Either they act like a hive-mind or they don't, it can't be one way whenever it fits your narrative and another way whenever it doesn't.

Not to mention that it is kind of hard fro critics to follow a specific narrative if they don't have access to what other critics are writing yet. To follow a narrative, said narrative needs to have been set first. Something that could only be true for those critics who come in late. But even for those it requires quite the believe into conspiracy theories to think that they are all merely following a trend that has been set.

The whole idea is weird to begin with. It's like saying chocolate or ice cream are unlikely to taste good because so many people love them.

• Like 5