grim22

Weekend Thread | Preview #s The Nun 5.4M, Peppermint 750k

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

The power of that jump scare at the end of the trailer.

Image result for the nun jumpscare gif

Pffft.  This is not what makes Nuns scary.  She's not even holding a ruler.

• Like 4

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

what the hell is the nun?

The latest Pure Flix joint. It's doing what Samson couldn't!

• Haha 2

Huge for The Nun. Horror films continue to dominate

• Like 1

Runtimes without credits and trailer attachments for next week's releases:

A Simple Favor: 1:52. Attachments are Robin Hood and HUNTER KILLER (NEW TRAILER :sparta:)

White Boy Rick: 1:47. Attachments unknown (Spider's Web/Front Runner probably).

The Predator: 1:40. Attachments unknown (El Royale/Alita probably).

Unbroken 2: 1:34. Attachments are Little Women and Indivisible. 

• Astonished 2

Great number!

Anything over 45M is excellent

8 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

what the hell is the nun?

The new Whoopi Goldberg joint. Apparently it's kickstarting the SACU

9 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The latest Pure Flix joint. It's doing what Samson couldn't!

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

The new Whoopi Goldberg joint. Apparently it's kickstarting the SACU

good stuff.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Netflix is trying to pick up Polaroid. Good, now I can remove it from my trailer stalker list.

https://deadline.com/2018/09/netflix-acquires-polaroid-weinstein-horror-film-toronto-international-film-festival-1202458584/

So all that remains from the lost Weinstein releases are The Current War, The War with Grandpa and Mary Magdalene, right?

Just imagine what’s Nun coulda Donne if it received Conjuring-level reviews. Hype is clearly there, it could have had something like a 50/130+ run

Good preview number, this needed a better director because WOM from that RT score is going to seriously hamper its potential final box office number here.

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

So all that remains from the lost Weinstein releases are The Current War, The War with Grandpa and Mary Magdalene, right?

The Current War I reckon will be picked up but given the awful reviews it got at TIFF last year, I imagine straight to streaming, War with Grandpa, maybe Lionsgate, Mary Magdalene I'm surprised Focus didn't acquire it considering Universal had OS rights.

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Just imagine what’s Nun coulda Donne if it received Conjuring-level reviews. Hype is clearly there, it could have had something like a 50/130+ run

I wouldn't be shocked if The Nun 2 has a new director, Annabelle 2 proved that you can improve upon a poorly received first film.

We need all nuns involved in a massive crossover event. Would love to see Maria von Trapp involved. Crisis on Infinite Abbeys?

11 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

I believe so. Mary Magdalene already released OS, so that one is probably going straight to streaming. The Current War still has theatrical potential IMO; maybe Entertainment Studios picks that one up. War with Grandpa has Lionsgate written all over it.

Peppermint is having pretty strong WOM; the audience score is currently 87% with 561 votes. Maybe it'll perform like American Assassin somewhat? Meanwhile, The Nun is down to 53%, and God Bless the Broken Road has no score rn.

A Quiet Place opened and had the legs of a Nolan movie (Dunkirk, Batman Begins, Interstellar).  I doubt The Nun makes it to 150 w/ the same 50ish weekend.