Litio

Predator Killed By Audience - $24m OW, TN $18.2m, ASF $16m, WBR $8.8m || Weekend Thread...PLEASE SEE BAN HAMMER ANNOUNCEMENT ON PAGE 2

10 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

What’s with BOMs report on A Simple Favour??

”now we’ll see if it either barely scrapes $30m or eventually reaches $40m”.

Theyre expecting a multiplier potentially as low as 1.8x? Wth. 

They're giving it The Predator's potential multiplier :ph34r:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

The Nun's overseas numbers are pretty staggering. It's almost matched TC1's total, and has a legit shot at 370-400WW

And it's opening in 5 big markets next weekend...

Internationally, The Nun added another $33.1 million, pushing its running international cume to $143.6 million, taking the global tally to $228.7 million. Mexico remains the film's top international market with $17 million and it will get a nice boost next weekend with releases in France, South Korea, Russia, Italy and Japan.

• Astonished 1

Yikes, The Predator is a bomb. Unless it gets a late China release, it'll top out at 150M WW. Not exactly good on a 88M budget.

Also, just imagine a world in which The Nun was a well recieved movie. 450-500M WW and over The Conjuring 1 DOM would be reasonable targets. As is..... quite the potential left in the table.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

16 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Shane Black needs to retire.  He hasn't done shit since The Last Boy Scout. 

No. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and The Nice Guys were very good. Iron Man 3 was decent too. The Predator is the only creative misfire for Black in decades, so that's not too bad, he'll make another good movie and will be alright.

• Like 4

The Predator’s trailer looked unappealing like was it supposed to be silly or serious. There’s a reason why it bombed, and i think it was the marketing tone and the tone of the actual product. The Meg’s marketing did that but it worked.  But for a serious franchise no.

The Predator will be about forgotten as Riddick was 5 years ago within a month.

Edited by Maxmoser3
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i don't know anyone who saw this new predator and liked it. reviews are pretty bad here. most negative word of mouth i've seen for a franchise picture in a while.

I agree. Every single person I know who has seen the film has talked about how awful/garbage it is. I have seen movies get trashed by critics but theres still people who like it. But with The Predator, it's on another level. 

The Predator had a pretty poor opening. I didn't think there was any way it could open under Predators's debut in 2010, yet here we are. It was well-positioned for a big opening on paper, but Fox never really effectively took the film's marketing to the next level after the earliest trailers, and the weak reviews and brouhaha over the, erm... controversy... worked against it too. With how quickly audiences have turned against the film, it will undoubtedly see a massive drop next weekend and a low multiplier overall. 

After waiting so long to see R-rated films break the 4,000-theater threshold (it took until Logan's opening 18 months ago to get there), it's kinda strange that three of the six R-rated films to bow in more than 4,000 theaters debuted noticeably below expectations. Then again, this and Kingsman 2 were hindered by weak critical receptions that bled into audience hype, and Blade Runner 2049 - for all our hopes from its strong reviews and the recent comparison point in Mad Max: Fury Road's success - was always a tougher sell than most acknowledged.

The Nun saw a predictably large drop, surpassing The Conjuring 2's 63% tumble as the franchise's weakest hold to date. Nevertheless, it should still land around $110-115 million domestically.

A Simple Favor did okay. It should have fairly durable legs if my audience's enjoyment of it is any indication.

White Boy Rick didn't do too badly. With ho-hum reviews and a somewhat quiet ad campaign, it could very easily have gotten lost in the shuffle and bombed harder.

Crazy Rich Asians held nicely again. I still think it's looking at a total close to fellow long-legged breakout Get Out.

Peppermint didn't drop as badly as it could have and should be looking at a domestic total in the mid-to-high-30s.

I'm not surprised to see such a quiet debut for the Unbroken follow-up. The demographic that complained about the 2014 film's omission of Zamperini's struggles after returning home always seemed like a small group and this film never had any chance at success without the involvement of the earlier film's pedigreed production team or a compellingly cinematic story. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

The Predator’s trailer looked unappealing like was it supposed to be silly or serious.

From what I have seen I have no clue what the plot could be, that is nice if you present an interesting energy or world (like Zootopia one scene trailer), but when it is fast edit stuff not showing good action sequence.....

• Like 1

Two garbage films at top, two wknds in a row. But completely different box office results. Nun could have done $500m+. WB, other than dc has two big franchises in Conjuring and monsters. They just jave to make entertaining movies. Universal in good at it. Lego franchise doesn't look that strong at this point.