kayumanggi

CAPTAIN MARVEL | 701.4 M overseas ● 1128.3 M worldwide

24 minutes ago, john2000 said:

so maybe we are looking at around 35% for next week ? if i recall correctly the previous week had a drop of 45 and this week of 40 so maybe next around 35 ?

Drop for the week before was 44.42% without China and drop this weekend is 40.74%. It will likely be a better drop once actuals come in tomorrow and I will update my post accordingly. 

35% drop this coming week is possible especially if people rush out to see it before Endgame as I mentioned earlier. But for now I am gonna say a drop between 35-40% seeing that no big movie is opening this week. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Does Easter greatly help any other markets besides DOM?

I wouldn’t even say it greatly helps DOM, but there are quite a few countries that should see some effect from Holy Week

Countries such as Australia, Bermuda, Brazil, Canada, Caribbean, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malta, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, the Philippines, Singapore, Spain, the United Kingdom and Venezuela all celebrate Good Friday as a public holiday.

Good point.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Countries such as Australia, Bermuda, Brazil, Canada, Caribbean, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malta, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, the Philippines, Singapore, Spain, the United Kingdom and Venezuela all celebrate Good Friday as a public holiday.

Indonesia too. Also, the Presidential Election Day is on Wed, and we have the whole day off. So basically two public holidays in one week. But it doesn't mean much, since CM only has very few screens left. It will help other movies though. Particularly The Curse of La Llorona.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

I wouldn’t even say it greatly helps DOM, but there are quite a few countries that should see some effect from Holy Week

Good point.

Here in Germany ony 5 states have the upcoming / this week partially school, all others have the complete week school holidays. 1 of the partials has 2 days of school, then their holidays start. 2 only have schools out at Friday (Saturday the most school are closed always). Next week roughly the same, but with parttially other states. We have 16 states

For France I gave a somewhere a summary (forgot where, might be here or Endgame ...)

All regions beside one have either till 22 April or 28 April school holidays. The 5 not already in school holiday start at 21 April. All regions have 2 weeks school holidays.

Out of the late groups Paris is one of them = a high ppl/m² density = might balance out a bit

UK has no regional school holiday system, their schools ~ do that

I've read repeatedly in other countries thread about the beginning of the Easter holidays, if the do whole weeks or only partial ones... I do not know out of my head.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cdsacken said:

Both Thursday and Friday are national holidays in Spain. Catalonia (Barcelona region) is the exception: Thursday is a workday but next Monday is holiday. At the end, two holidays in the whole country. And every education level (from primary school to university) have holidays the whole week. Many people go on vacation or see the Easter processions. The attendance for those processions are MASSIVE in Spain.

Said this, we should see better holds than usual during this week.

Edited by peludo
  • Like 3

CM looks headed to a DOM % in the 37s, which will likely make it the Phase 3 movie most representative of Phase 3’s overall DOM:OS split. Unless Endgame goes way different from my current guess of ~32% of course.

It looks like this time both numbers were slightly over

this were the estimates:

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $386,536,581    36.3%
Foreign:  $678,000,000    63.7%

Worldwide:  $1,064,536,581  

according to the-numbers.com this are the actuals:

Theatrical Performance
Domestic Box Office $386,525,108 Details
International Box Office $677,893,667 Details
Worldwide Box Office $1,064,418,775

means both together were $117806 overstimated

• Disbelief 1

On 4/14/2019 at 8:10 PM, cdsacken said:

On 4/14/2019 at 8:22 PM, Thanos Legion said:

Good point.

On 4/14/2019 at 9:00 PM, catlover said:

Indonesia too. Also, the Presidential Election Day is on Wed, and we have the whole day off. So basically two public holidays in one week. But it doesn't mean much, since CM only has very few screens left. It will help other movies though. Particularly The Curse of La Llorona.

In Greece, Easter definitely has a negative effect on the box office. The Easter weekend is usually one of the smallest, if not THE smallest, of the year. Almost all cinemas are basically closed on Good Friday and Good Saturday. Even Easter Sunday is often not very busy, so only Good Thursday sells a decent number of tickets.

• Thanks 1

And nw BOM alse adjusted.... to another sum

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $386,525,108    36.3%
Foreign:  $677,999,994    63.7%

Worldwide:  $1,064,525,102  

Who is in the right? We will see hopefully next Monday only one result

• Astonished 1

So what are we thinking WW wise, maybe 23rd or 24th? Also seems like 21st is slim possible

Should be 25th before the 28th. I actually think it will closer to 1.1 billion at that point, still under it.

Edited by cdsacken

On 4/14/2019 at 7:10 PM, cdsacken said:

In Belgium it has been helping CM since  05/04 and it will end helping movies 22/04. All childeren, 3 - 17 are off school as well as the students in Universities and Colleges. 

• Like 2

On 4/14/2019 at 2:10 PM, cdsacken said:

In Uruguay we have te entire week of school and university, CM is already 9% up from previous week, it has great wom and is doing amazing

• Like 4