Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

First trailer was better but it's still solid. Have to agree with the others that it feels kind of pointless to keep playing the mystery card on the identity of BP in trailers since it is obvious at this point though (I mean, shuri is front and center in the poster, it's pretty damn clear...).

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Jennifer Lame edited this. She did Tenet, Marriage Story, Manchester By the Sea, Hereditary, Frances Ha. And worked on Blonde, Midsommar and Judas + Black Messiah. Quite the talent

Guess she's not so lame after all *ba dum tss*

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Pretty nice trailer. I'm still not sure on how to feel about someone like Letitia Wright being promoted to being the lead, but the rest of the cast seems excellent as always. Hearing Winston Duke in that glorious accent again was awesome in particular.

Namor is absolutely glorious. They actually brought over his ridiculous little foot wings damn near unaltered from the comics. The scene where he double-jumps all over like a video game character was crazy. I can't really form a firm opinion on his voice yet, but what I'm seeing of Tenoch Huerta's facial expressions absolutely nail the douchebag aura I usually associate with Namor. Definitely feeling optimistic about the actor they picked.

I'd also like to give Marvel props for not overhyping the film like they did with Multiverse of Madness. We still don't know the actual story and we're little over a month from release. In comparison the former spoiled multiple major cameos.

Edited by BadOlCatSylvester
  • Like 1

On 10/1/2022 at 6:40 PM, Flopped said:

Angela Bassett is so prominently featured in the trailer....does she have a major role here? 

On 10/1/2022 at 8:10 PM, jedijake said:

Well she is the Queen so there's that. She is the monarch to Wakanda upon the passing of her son. I'm guessing a resounding yes to that question.

if they did give her a bigger role in this then they lucked out casting such a phenomenal actress in such a nothing role(in the first movie). She is wonderful and it’s a shame we don’t live in a universe where she was cast as Storm in 1999 and went on to lead multiple X team movies.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Jeight said:

Marvel never overhyped MOM, the internet and false insiders did with their cameo baiting. Marvel teased Professor X in the trailer and they delivered. They never teased a cameo parade.

Ahem, they released the teaser at the end of NWH thus directly tying it to NWH. If that isn't an overhype I don't know what is. 

Edited by Valonqar

3 hours ago, Factcheck said:

I think budget of this movie should be atleast $250M, if main cast was paid like Thor L&T budget would have been $300M.

No Boseman and no M. B Jordan. So budget shouldn't be too high.

I didn't say Andy Serkis because Disney obviously paid him with sandwiches.

Edited by Mojoguy