Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

8 hours ago, baumer said:

You do realize there's millions and millions of people who don't agree with the mandatory push of the vaccine, right?  She should be allowed to voice her opinion and concerns without people jumping down her throat.  If you are vaxxed, and the vax works, you don't need to worry if others aren't.  

So, yea, lighten up, Francis.

I'm all for vaccines for everyone but I must say I'm getting sick of people jumping down other people's throats for having a different opinion. I'd understand if this was as deadly as ebola but when your survival chance is 99%, I'm not going to call young people stupid for not bothering. People love a good moan, the way I see it is Im vaccinated, therefore I couldn't give a fuck if people around me were vaccinated too.

Now the only time I could imagine this being a concern is if you're a business owner and your staff keep going off sick with a covid because they don't wanna get vaccinated, that would piss me off, but people posting on a movie forum really don't have the right to moan as loudly as they do. If they are jabbed then they are safe, it's not worth arguing over

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

1. It’s a bad/dangerous choice 

2. Where did I say anything about box office?
3. She’s famous enough that the news has trended and gone viral and reported by Hollywood Reporter

I've literally seen nothing of this news. I'm a movie nerd and I only know of this through this site. When BP2 comes out, the majority of people won't even know about her controversy unless she gets alot worse 

• Like 1

It isn't a news, it's a tidbit in their article. They tweeted that tidbit but tweet =/= OMG 300M+ people are gonna read and be influenced. 

BP lost goodwill how so? The sequel has Namor and Atlantis. Last time I checked, Namor topped the wish list of BP antagonists. 

I wasn't hype for the sequel cause it ended in LA and then UN and I took is as that they would move the story to America like almost any SH ever zzzzz but with Atlantis reports and casting that seems off the table hip hip hurray! More fantasy less mundane please.

As for Wright and Disney, like any employer, you can vet your candidates to see if they fit the corporate culture or not. For example, Carano is a lovely person to work with as per her co-stars who are sad to see her go (Pascal, Burr, etc). There was never any complaint about her work ethic. However, her social media history, and I'm talking about the one before she got the Mando gig, wasn't in line with values that Disney promotes as the part of its image. So they didn't have to cast her, and end up with much publicized firing, if they deemed that she wouldn't represent the company well. Her views, that differed from Disney's, were public knowledge and absolutely no actor is irreplaceable let alone in a such a nothing of a role that was Cara Dune. So this one is on Disney. Carano didn't force them to hire her. They knew her stance. They took the risk. 

Same goes for Wright. She had social media before BP gig and I'm sure that her current views are nothing new, that traces of "this does not line up with what Disney stands for/promotes" where there for years. They could have cast a different actress if they felt she could be a PR liability going forward. No one is irreplaceable and Shuri is no Leo's Quaaludes-induced Cerebral Palsy. Any charming young actress would have done the job. 

But even so, if they didn't know, her original twitter shitstorm should have given them a pause as far as promoting her character to a lead goes. I understand Feige's fine goal of increasing the number of female leads in MCU, but there's no point to do it just for the sake of it and with actors/characters who may be wrong and prove an unpopular creative move down the line. Not to mention that nobody earned that promotion. The spot opened because the original lead sadly passed away. So Wright or whoever that didn't get to be BP would not be cheated out of the opportunity since it as never theirs. It was Boseman's. All potential replacement are just beneficiaries of an unfortunate turn of events. 

Short version: it's Disney/Marvel's mess that they didn't have to create cause they knew very well where she stood. They weren't fooled. It's on them 100%. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

It isn't a news, it's a tidbit in their article. They tweeted that tidbit but tweet =/= OMG 300M+ people are gonna read and be influenced. 

BP lost goodwill how so? The sequel has Namor and Atlantis. Last time I checked, Namor topped the wish list of BP antagonists. 

I wasn't hype for the sequel cause it ended in LA and then UN and I took is as that they would move the story to America like almost any SH ever zzzzz but with Atlantis reports and casting that seems off the table hip hip hurray! More fantasy less mundane please.

As for Wright and Disney, like any employer, you can vet your candidates to see if they fit the corporate culture or not. For example, Carano is a lovely person to work with as per her co-stars who are sad to see her go (Pascal, Burr, etc). There was never any complaint about her work ethic. However, her social media history, and I'm talking about the one before she got the Mando gig, wasn't in line with values that Disney promotes as the part of its image. So they didn't have to cast her, and end up with much publicized firing, if they deemed that she wouldn't represent the company well. Her views, that differed from Disney's, were public knowledge and absolutely no actor is irreplaceable let alone in a such a nothing of a role that was Cara Dune. So this one is on Disney. Carano didn't force them to hire her. They knew her stance. They took the risk. 

Same goes for Wright. She had social media before BP gig and I'm sure that her current views are nothing new, that traces of "this does not line up with what Disney stands for/promotes" where there for years. They could have cast a different actress if they felt she could be a PR liability going forward. No one is irreplaceable and Shuri is no Leo's Quaaludes-induced Cerebral Palsy. Any charming young actress would have done the job. 

But even so, if they didn't know, her original twitter shitstorm should have given them a pause as far as promoting her character to a lead goes. I understand Feige's fine goal of increasing the number of female leads in MCU, but there's no point to do it just for the sake of it and with actors/characters who may be wrong and prove an unpopular creative move down the line. Not to mention that nobody earned that promotion. The spot opened because the original lead sadly passed away. So Wright or whoever that didn't get to be BP would not be cheated out of the opportunity since it as never theirs. It was Boseman's. All potential replacement are just beneficiaries of an unfortunate turn of events. 

Short version: it's Disney/Marvel's mess that they didn't have to create cause they knew very well where she stood. They weren't fooled. It's on them 100%. 

The longer it goes on without them taking action, the worse it's going to get. 

20 hours ago, baumer said:

You do realize there's millions and millions of people who don't agree with the mandatory push of the vaccine, right?  She should be allowed to voice her opinion and concerns without people jumping down her throat.  If you are vaxxed, and the vax works, you don't need to worry if others aren't.  

So, yea, lighten up, Francis.

over 400'000 dead in the US is not enough for you?

i will lighten up wihen people stop dying, guy.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, tonytr87 said:

It's infinitely more complicated than that. The only reason mandates are coming now is because the carrots didn't work. Half the country didn't take it voluntarily and hospitals once again filled up with those people, putting them on the verge of collapse. So now come the sticks. It's either one or the other. Humanity is doomed if we don't start thinking about the collective over the individual in situations like this. 

I don;'t know who I have the most contempt for: The Anti Vaxxers or the fools who support them because they think it makes them look anti establishment and cool. Throw politicans who are exploiting and Anti Vax stupidity for political gain into that mix.

I think the old term "Your right to swing your left arm ends where my face begins" applies here. You have no right to spread a virus to other people.

The rejectiion of sceince and fact by a good part f the pupulation is scaring the hell out of me.

Maybe this sicusssion shoud move to the Corona virus thread, but since somebody who suggeste that has brought it up.....

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Chicago said:

I'm all for vaccines for everyone but I must say I'm getting sick of people jumping down other people's throats for having a different opinion. I'd understand if this was as deadly as ebola but when your survival chance is 99%, I'm not going to call young people stupid for not bothering. People love a good moan, the way I see it is Im vaccinated, therefore I couldn't give a fuck if people around me were vaccinated too.

Now the only time I could imagine this being a concern is if you're a business owner and your staff keep going off sick with a covid because they don't wanna get vaccinated, that would piss me off, but people posting on a movie forum really don't have the right to moan as loudly as they do. If they are jabbed then they are safe, it's not worth arguing over

We have tried the Personaly Reponsibility route and it has not worked.

40 minutes ago, Menor said:

Eh, one actor having dumb views doesn't make me lose goodwill for the franchise. Boseman's passing makes this one feel sad though, but I'm still very excited to see what Coogler comes up with.  

Oh, I will still go see it,but think that Wright deserves to get what she seems to be getting for her dumb ..and dangerous opinions.

I have a feeling she has already gotten a phone call from Uncle Kevin telling her to STFU about Covid.

Coogler is  the main reason I still have hopes for this franchise. With anybody less talened, the death of CHadwick would have pretty much killed by interest in the franchsie.

Edited by dudalb

And  I wish people would stop reporting rumors as proven facts. I still have not seen any solid proof that Namor is in this film. I am not saying he is and not saying he isn't, just saying there is not enough evidence for a factual statement either way. .

1 hour ago, Menor said:

Eh, one actor having dumb views doesn't make me lose goodwill for the franchise. Boseman's passing makes this one feel sad though, but I'm still very excited to see what Coogler comes up with.  

Yeah it's Coogler I'm excited about. He's on a roll at the moment 

On 10/7/2021 at 7:45 AM, eddyxx said:

I thought everyone was confirmed to return except MBJ. I even saw supposedly W’Kabi is in the cast list.

He's in it.  I gawaaanteee it.  More than that, I wouldn't be surprised if he'll be even more of the centerpiece of the whole thing due to both Boseman's death...and all of the above morass being discussed.  

14 hours ago, dudalb said:

And  I wish people would stop reporting rumors as proven facts. I still have not seen any solid proof that Namor is in this film. I am not saying he is and not saying he isn't, just saying there is not enough evidence for a factual statement either way. .

This is fair. I do think there's more evidence that Atlantis is in the movie because they are casting actors of the same origin (indigenous South American) indicating they will be one nation, plus a major tie-in has to impact Atlantis, no way around it. So I'd say more pros than cons but fair point that it isn't a fact yet. 

On 10/8/2021 at 2:55 AM, Chicago said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one here, though I'm not going to wade into this subject. I finally found a place that discusses what I love so I'm just going to enjoy that, especially since I can't go watch any of these films in theatres for obvious reasons....

• Like 1