salvador-232

Bohemian Rhapsody OS: $684M OS | $900M WW

I doubt Frozen 2 releases in Japan during 2019. The first one benefitted from silver and golden week during early 2014 and I could see them doing similar again. 

Not sold on Weathering with You yet. Story sounds a little odd, but so did Your Name beforehand. If it's a huge hit, that solidifies Shinkai as Miyazaki's successor, if not then he's probably Hosoda level with an anomaly. 

14 hours ago, Valonqar said:

so with China release this would've made 1B? :mouthdropped:

Unfortunately, Bohemian Rhapsody absolutely bombed in Hong Kong and Taiwan with about $1 million each. I highly doubt it would have made that much more in China considering tastes in films usually align very closely in these 3 markets.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, KP1025 said:

Unfortunately, Bohemian Rhapsody absolutely bombed in Hong Kong and Taiwan with about $1 million each. I highly doubt it would have made that much more in China considering tastes in films usually align very closely in these 3 markets.

ah, OK. thanks. well, this is a huge success anyway we slice it. 

24 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Let's see the overseas's hold for the past 4 weeks.

Dec 10- 16 :  33.5m

Dec 17-23 : 26.3m (-21%)

Dec 24-30 : 31.2m (+18%)

Dec 31 - Jan 6 : 36.5m (+17%)

There is no new open country for all those increase

But plenty of holidays, especially in Japan which had this whole week boosted. There's still one holiday left on 8th, 

Going to slow down but 800M is doable, depends on when Japan decides to stop. 

1 minute ago, salvador-232 said:

But plenty of holidays, especially in Japan which had this whole week boosted. There's still one holiday left on 8th, 

Going to slow down but 800M is doable, depends on when Japan decides to stop. 

It's 14th Jan.

Definitely the past 2 weeks has been boosted by public holidays, but with potential Oscar hope, the movie may have chance to hold better, especially UK sing-along nationwide release is coming on 11Jan. 

2 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

Who would've thought a mid-budget, gay-themed music drama, with near rotten 62% RT score will have shot at 800m?

No one. I think that 400M+ was the highest people predicted before it opened to monster numbers. Then they raised it to 500M+. It's gonna exceed it by 300M. 

Edited by Valonqar

3 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

Let's see the overseas's hold for the past 4 weeks.

Dec 10- 16 :  33.5m

Dec 17-23 : 26.3m (-21%)

Dec 24-30 : 31.2m (+18%)

Dec 31 - Jan 6 : 36.5m (+17%)

There is no new open country for all those increase

I'd call that the magic of Christmas and New Year (and it being a really well liked movie)