sfran43

Weekend Thread : Asgardian #'s on p.17 ~ 19.6M Saturday

1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:

One can hope.  

It looks like yet another crime against the work of Dr. Seuss.

True that is.

The Illuminati(on) shall not be succesfull again! 

10 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Netflix has shitloads of money and they reliably take in even more shitloads of money every month. Plus they're up to their knees in debt and stuff. So basically they can afford to throw money at the wall to make stuff like Outlaw King.

Thankfully. I'll take those rare big epics in any way I can.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Shawn said:

Hey everyone,

I noticed/heard the forums were loading slowly earlier today. This should be fixed now, but please let us know at the Help Desk if anyone has any further problems.

Not only slowly loading, partly error message something about too many connections. Same happened some days back too, then no BOT for longer than today )today it was ~ fast back). Just in case you didn't knew this detail too 😉

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Hades said:

Disney fanboys always root for illumination to fail....it never works out for them.....:Venom:

Lol. Ignoring the fact that my post wasnt really all that serious, im far from a Disney fanboy :lol:

Edited by Brainbug

17 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

A quiet place, crazy rich asian, a star is born and now bohemian , who said big screen is only for visual spectacular or action packed films? 

Cinemagoers clearly desire and keen to have drama fare on big screen! 

I mean, I get the general idea of what you’re saying, and it’s reasonable. But these 4 movies combined are going to make pretty close to 1 BP/IW. Even the most successful smaller scale films are still smaller scale.

53 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

rank the realms.

I can’t without spoiling it. 

But I will say several scenes were blurry. I almost felt like I was on a 3D showing without the glasses but I wasn’t. Did anyone else experience this? 

Happy to see mid range films like Crazy Rich Asians, A Star is Born, The Meg (depending on one’s viewpoint) and Bohemian do well especially in the tentpole based climate today.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Happy to see mid range films like Crazy Rich Asians, A Star is Born, The Meg (depending on one’s viewpoint) and Bohemian do well especially in the tentpole based climate today.

Of these I think BR is the only one with a mid range budget - and maybe ASIB b/c it's probably quite back loaded with incentives.

CRA -$30m

ASIB: $36-40m

BR: $52m

The Meg: $130-178m

17 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Also The Mule if that does well next month. I would say Glass, but we all know that it's considered a tentpole even if the budget is sub-30M or something.