MuffinMan

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings | Marvel Studios | 92% RT & 99% VA Score | ONLY IN THEATERS Sep 3 2021

4 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Suicide Squad is very good and much more interesting than the MCU framework which constantly repeats many of the same mistakes 

But I’m sure audience reception will be better since it’s MCU and much more broad than a R-rated James Gunn film 

And you were saying MCU stans are rabid :rofl:

• Like 1

Just now, Madhuvan said:

And you were saying MCU stans are rabid :rofl:

You are! 

I was greatly MCU > DC. I don’t even like Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Shazam. BVS is a slog. But after Endgame, I felt a level of closure. Far From Home and Black Widow were very formulaic and didn’t provide the awe and emotion I love about these movies. And the marketing for Shang-Chi and Eternals worried me. They both looked so flat. Going forward, I’d prefer more spark and vision with these movies since Endgame hit the climax of worldbuilding

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Fox20 said:

It's funny Grace did not summit her RT about TSS ( negative ) review because she did not want to deal with the backlash. ( at the time it was in like 98 )

At the end it did not matter because TSS dropped to 91%.

Her points are completely nonsense, but she have the right to dislike anything even if for weird reasons.

She really shouldn't back down her opinion because of crybabys online, 1 review means nothing on RT when big movies got 300-400 of them.

I laugh hard watching her video tho, it's one of the weirdest things i saw this year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Her points are completely nonsense, but she have the right to dislike anything even if for weird reasons.

She really shouldn't back down her opinion because of crybabys online, 1 review means nothing on RT when big movies got 300-400 of them.

I laugh hard watching her video tho, it's one of the weirdest things i saw this year.

Whenever I am bored I watch one of Grace Randolph's controversial reviews or box office analysis, she is unintentionally very funny 😶

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

You are! 

I was greatly MCU > DC. I don’t even like Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Shazam. BVS is a slog. But after Endgame, I felt a level of closure. Far From Home and Black Widow were very formulaic and didn’t provide the awe and emotion I love about these movies. And the marketing for Shang-Chi and Eternals worried me. They both looked so flat. Going forward, I’d prefer more spark and vision with these movies since Endgame hit the climax of worldbuilding

Actually I like many DC movies and don't like many MCU movies , been here for long time. I just prefer MCU in general. Anyways we don't need to make this fanboy wars thread.

Shang-Chi reactions are pretty great. Now, let's see how presales and box office looks like.

37 minutes ago, Cap said:

Grace might be a flake, but she knows exactly what she’s doing. You boys never shut up about her. 😘

I do not dislike her tho, she is hilarious ( in bad and good way together )

Edited by Fox20

2 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

You are! 

I think this is kinda expected.

Phase 4 to me was always supposed to be difficult because you can clearly see the "end" of a big arc with EG. Now they're doing pretty much what they did when MCU begun, which is develop new characters and present new arcs, just in a way bigger environment because now Marvel is stablished in a way they wasn't in 2008-2011.

They still have olders characters in the mix helping to mask this feeling that their reseting things to create another big arc that will make everyone excited in 5 years, but ultimatelly this is what they're doing, and starting new arcs is never exciting the way epic endings are for most people.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Cap said:

Grace might be a flake, but she knows exactly what she’s doing. You boys never shut up about her. 😘

I love her, i mean i watch lots of her stuff because it's unintentionally funny, but i simply can't hate someone so entertaining.

I get why so many people get pissed with her but the chaos she's capable of create is great.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

I think this is kinda expected.

Phase 4 to me was always supposed to be difficult because you can clearly see the "end" of a big arc with EG. Now they're doing pretty much what they did when MCU begun, which is develop new characters and present new arcs, just in a way bigger environment because now Marvel is stablished in a way they wasn't in 2008-2011.

They still have olders characters in the mix helping to mask this feeling that their reseting things to create another big arc that will make everyone excited in 5 years, but ultimatelly this is what they're doing, and starting new arcs is never exciting the way epic endings are for most people.

Yeah usually overarching stories don't survive 23 movies so people don't know what would have happened when one big plot is finished.  Most elements since Wandavision are new and character focus has also changed drastically. Wanda became the main character from barely having much focus till Endgame. 

• Like 1

Yeah looking at reactions have made me more excited but mn such reactions can create massive expectations and we are left sort of dissapointed.

Remember Black panther, the movie was fine,kill monger was good in the role but it was no where near the best comic movie or even one of best marvel movies. Reviews were to high .88% metacritic bugs me to this day.

Best movie since logan?

Martial arts like the fucking raid???

Reactions are better than BW which is good sign . Scott menzel giving this a positive raises my curiosity abit.

Will come around DS reviews range -95%  and   70 metacritic.

At the end of the day the audience  will decide

Critic reactions  can over hype movies so much these days.