MuffinMan

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings | Marvel Studios | 92% RT & 99% VA Score | ONLY IN THEATERS Sep 3 2021

3 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

No definitive leak right now. After this whole plot and end credit scenes will be leaked online. This kills excitement for many. 

Honestly, there was no need. Good reviews would have taken care of anything. Movie literally has a month to itself, wom would have spread either way. 

This is just burning demand. 

25 screening do not burn high demand.....

• Like 1

It's 25 screenings total across the whole country, like 5000 people will see this, there will not be any negative impact on OW. Some of you are way overreacting here. If the fans love it they will definitely watch it again on opening weekend. And since when do people decide to skip an MCU because plot or credit scene was leaked? Endgame was leaked weeks before and majority of the audience didn't know or care. 

Edited by Lion Roar
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

@Madhuvan Everybody's already talking about how it's just 25 screenings, and how last-minute it is that it will be tricky for people to drop everything and watch the film, but in regards to "oh noes spoilers", I think you're overreacting. The people who are looking for spoilers and leaks...will see Shang-Chi no matter what. Multiple times probably. The GA don't look for leaks. A majority of fans won't look at leaks. And even those who accidentally stumble upon it, I sincerely doubt a lot of people will say to themselves "Golly gee whiz, I was all hyped and ready to go for this new Marvel movie I was excited to watch, but UH OH I saw that Shang-Chi killed Dumbledore. I guess now I can't see this movie anymore!"

Hell, spoilers before release were a constant because Marvel movies used to open a couple weeks before they launched in America all the time. And funny enough, these movies still have big openings in the US. Almost as if you're making a mountain out of a molehill or somehting.

And speaking of, I'm also gonna say this upfront: your emotional breakdowns over Shang-Chi and any other time a movie might (key word there btw) underperform even slightly is beyond tiring and obnoxious. It's not productive, it's largely unfounded (if you think Marvel or Disney or whoever is trying to sabotage this movie, you need a reality check. Full stop!) and offers nothing of value to the conversation. You're an adult, so please take a deep breath before you post and act like an adult.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I RSVP'd for an advance screening tomorrow. They're limiting capacity anywhere from 50-80% from what I've seen (my showing is 50%), so it probably won't have too much of a dent on its opening weekend like the months of ITH advance screenings did.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Free Eric said:

@Madhuvan Everybody's already talking about how it's just 25 screenings, and how last-minute it is that it will be tricky for people to drop everything and watch the film, but in regards to "oh noes spoilers", I think you're overreacting. The people who are looking for spoilers and leaks...will see Shang-Chi no matter what. Multiple times probably. The GA don't look for leaks. A majority of fans won't look at leaks. And even those who accidentally stumble upon it, I sincerely doubt a lot of people will say to themselves "Golly gee whiz, I was all hyped and ready to go for this new Marvel movie I was excited to watch, but UH OH I saw that Shang-Chi killed Dumbledore. I guess now I can't see this movie anymore!"

Hell, spoilers before release were a constant because Marvel movies used to open a couple weeks before they launched in America all the time. And funny enough, these movies still have big openings in the US. Almost as if you're making a mountain out of a molehill or somehting.

And speaking of, I'm also gonna say this upfront: your emotional breakdowns over Shang-Chi and any other time a movie might (key word there btw) underperform even slightly is beyond tiring and obnoxious. It's not productive, it's largely unfounded (if you think Marvel or Disney or whoever is trying to sabotage this movie, you need a reality check. Full stop!) and offers nothing of value to the conversation. You're an adult, so please take a deep breath before you post and act like an adult.

oh ok cool cool, I will take care of that

This movie is in a extremelly tricky position right now with Delta and the release date.

Doing some screenings for fans will only help them to engaje Marvel fanbase to make sure most of them will see it opening weekend, it's weird but completelly understandable.

And i bet most people that will see it in those screenings are diehard fans who also will watch it again on OW.

Quiet Place 2 also came out early on streaming on Parmount+ after 45 days and that movie was still a hit. If you make a movie people want to see, it will still do well even during this pandemic.

People need to not stop being mad about the streaming thing. This experiment is the future.

4 hours ago, MrPink said:

I’m here for Tony Leung but where is he 

He's like John Cena, he's so cool that no one sees him.  The real question is: Is he dubbed in this?  

I laugh at the Tweets that say "Tony Leung and Michelle Yeoh are international treasures!" 

Yeah, most of us know that already!  😂

Edited by Macleod

I got a pass because free ticket but didn't realise it was for tomorrow. Most likely won't be able to do tomorrow and didn't know that I get there two hours early to get a seat. Can't be asked to wait 2 hours to watch this movie. Still this is something really cool I didn't know much about (my cousin said he got to watch Free Guy a month early and I guess it was through this). Any other sites other than gofobo that do screenings like this?

Edited by lorddemaxus

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

I got a pass because free ticket but didn't realise it was for tomorrow. Most likely won't be able to do tomorrow and didn't know that I get there two hours early to get a seat. Can't be asked to wait 2 hours to watch a movie. Still this is something really cool I didn't know much about (my cousin said he got to watch Free Guy a month early and I guess it was through this). Any other sites other than gofobo that do screenings like this?

My favorite will always be advancescreenings.com

They compile just about every website that hosts free screenings/contests and that's what I've always used for the few times I've done these advance screenings. I will suggest something however you still try and get to these showings early. I never had to wait two hours (and I honestly don't think I need to do that for Shang-Chi), but it is still a first come, first serve deal, so you should still plan to be at the theater a half-hour early or something.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I got a pass because free ticket but didn't realise it was for tomorrow.

You don’t happen to live in Boston do you? Because I’ll take those right off your hand