MuffinMan

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings | Marvel Studios | 92% RT & 99% VA Score | ONLY IN THEATERS Sep 3 2021

5 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

I said few weeks ago how the marketing was doing a poor job in selling the scale of this movie and some of the reactions confirm that! 😉

More and more I’m reminded of Ant-Man’s lackluster marketing, which in retrospect it struggled to sell a fun Amblin-inspired heist movie is surprising.

Just now, eddyxx said:

I don’t think these were posted yet and I’m still woke so I might as well do it

and there is a mid credit scene as well as a post credit scene.

I am just really happy for Simu Liu. He deserves this and I can't wait to see him get more roles in Hollywood after this. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Disney always gets the exactly same reactions, meh.

Movie is going to do good as usual, people expecting whatever crazy numbers are delusional. BW opened huge, and this will be good too

No one is expecting crazy numbers. 

9 minutes ago, Lokis Legion said:

Btw, a point @charlie Jatinder brought up — how many people went to Endgame previews but are going to skip an MCU OW entirely? 60M is probably just about the floor for any entry from here on out.

Can't agree there. I watched Endgame at midnight, alot of us did. Haven't seen a marvel movie in cinemas since. 

The best of the MCU have retired their roles so they will lose some audience because of that. 

Reviews are definitely more enthusiastic than what BW got which were more politely positive than OMG I LOVE THIS. However, there are some generic repeats that we've seen in BW reactions:

action was praised as best ever, realistic, "you will feel every punch and kick", etc yet it was shit in the movie

best solo movie (until the next one)

especially in the first act...yeah we know what that means (third act sucks or not up to snuff)

best movie about family (obviously until the next movie) 

what Marvel's best at ....pacing....(eh Marvel is not that great at pacing hence many movies lagging in the middle or having confusing first 45 min)

"post credit will blow your mind"...so everything that really matters is in post credits scene and the rest is a filler? That was the case with BW. 

So red flags are all over it but there is no denying that reaction is much more enthusiastic than BW that was more "I have to like this" rather than "I really like this". So I expect stronger reviews when all is said and done.

Funny trivia:

"see it in theaters! "...well there's no other option ha ha

"martial arts like you've never seen it before!"...I'm curious what markets that consume martial arts movies, which American market doesn't, think about it. 

Sounds like really fun times at the cinema and that's all that matters. 

• Like 3
  • Disbelief 1

55 minutes ago, Chicago said:

Can't agree there. I watched Endgame at midnight, alot of us did. Haven't seen a marvel movie in cinemas since. 

The best of the MCU have retired their roles so they will lose some audience because of that. 

Exception are always there, and it's not like only those $60M worth folks will watch the film but I don't think super majority of people who watched EG on THU night are gonna miss MCU film entirely in first weekend.

1 minute ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Exception are always there, and it's not like only those $60M worth folks will watch the film but I don't think super majority of people who watched EG on THU night are gonna miss MCU film entirely in first weekend.

This. Marvel has its minimum audience, that's quite considerable, that always shows up. No wonder their lowest OW is 57M for Ant Man which is a lot. In comparison, some very expensive movies are opening in their 20s and barely over 30s so 57M being the lowest a franchise can go is insane.