That One Girl

Dec 21-23 Weekend Thread | Sat#'s (Asgard pg 60) - Aqua 21.8, MPR 8.8, BB 7.2, SMSV 6.9, Mule 3.8 | Discuss Pitbull's musical work here

32 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I'm in Destin the next few days with family. Any idea what we can do for fun in the area?

I'm not overly familiar with Destin, but there's a lot of dolphin tours available. I'd do one of those if they aren't booked https://www.destinboardwalk.com/listing-category/dolphin-cruises-and-tours/

50 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I'm in Destin the next few days with family. Any idea what we can do for fun in the area?

Lot of shopping areas. There's three, the Silver Sands (outlets, outlets, outlets), the Commons (the old Rave theater, lots of stores, really cool), and one that's kind of closer to the highway leading to Panama City Beach, I don't know the name, but it has a PF Chang's and it's a bit more upscale and has this REALLY cool theater and sometimes local people selling stuff.

Also along that highway there's a lot of tiny beaches and shopping areas that are a bit farther from the hustle of Destin, they're okay.

You could also probably go to the beach, it's going to be a wee bit warmer than it has been in ages! I mean, IDK you could go swimming, but who knows!

If only you were going to be there on Saturday I could actually met a BOT member in person bc we're going for my birthday.

Edited by Morieris
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Based on international openings MPR might struggle to make 250m worldwide which would make it a money loser 

You mean 250M Dom+OS?
I really hope it can get past that, even though I strongly doubt it will outgross Solo.

10 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Based on international openings MPR might struggle to make 250m worldwide which would make it a money loser 

4 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

You mean 250M Dom+OS?
I really hope it can get past that, even though I strongly doubt it will outgross Solo.

I think that's a bit too pessimistic. Copy and pasting my post from MPR OS thread.

MPR should have a very leggy run with holidays. The Greatest Showman managed a 10x multiplier in the UK with a similar release date. I wouldn't be surprised if MPR does something similar in what is surely to be its biggest OS market.

Musicals are almost always a success in Japan, and it normally is the highest or second highest OS market for live-action musicals. MPR is also a Disney film, so that is another plus in the market. With the right push, I can see $50+ million in Japan.

Australia usually follows domestic interests in films, so I think it should be good for around $25 million.

The rest of the markets are harder to predict. It will probably disappoint in all other non-English speaking territories. 

No China release apparently, not that it matters (it would almost certainly bomb). 

The Greatest Showman grossed about $105 million OS minus UK, Japan, Australia, and China. 

I think at least $200 million OS is possible, with a chance to go over $250 million OS.

• Like 3

Universal probably wishes it closed up shop for the holidays after THE GRINCH. MORTAL ENGINES fell off the edge of the world, dropping -77% in its 2nd week, hauling in just $1.7M, $12M total. It's not just the biggest bomb of 2018, it might be the biggest bomb of the decade.

Not sure if already posted. Such situations make me sad a bit, even if not interested into the movies/material.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, sfran43 said:

Out of 10 movies this year, 3 flopped (WiT, Nat4R, Solo) and 4 had underwhelming-middling performances (WiR2, CR, AM&TW, MPR). But I guess none of that matters when you release 3 SH movies for over 2B between them :rofl:

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 1

53 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

So where will Spider Verse end box office wise. Will it go over $150M DOM still? 

150 seems possible, but definitely not a lock.

Really is tough to tell what kind of legs are going to happen for any movie before Christmas.

I know I might fall flat on my face with this, but after seeing MPR I’m even more convinced a massive jump is coming for it and it’s going to really start its run on Xmas. It’s too perfect for the holiday family crowd to have such a nothing run as these first few days.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I know I might fall flat on my face with this, but after seeing MPR I’m even more convinced a massive jump is coming for it and it’s going to really start its run on Xmas. It’s too perfect for the holiday family crowd to have such a nothing run as these first few days.

Thing is that both Aquaman and Bumblebee are also family movies to some extend.Aquaman may be less so but it's the biggest crowd pleaser of the bunch.

Edited by TheDarkKnightOfSteel
  • Like 2

Kinda hard to determine which blockbuster this month is the perfect holiday family movie when all three releases, (MPR, AQ, BB), wear their hearts on their sleeves.

Hell, even Spider-Verse wore its heart on its a sleeve.

Its a very heartwarming time of the year. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Thing is that both Aquaman and Bumblebee are also family movies to some extend.Aquaman may be less so but it's the biggest crowd pleaser of the bunch.

Yeah, Aquaman wasn't a great movie, but it was surprisingly family-driven in pretty much every possible way and a lot of fun (which DC badly needed).

My most serious complaint was that the sound track was so loud and percussion-heavy it literally gave me a headache. Non-seriously, Mira has annoyed me more and more the more I’ve thought about it, but its fine.

• Like 1

Rampage did pass $100 million according to Mojo. And 2018 is now a record! However December 2018 looks to be one of the least attended in a while.

Aquaman is doing fine for a origin film. It’s almost $500 million worldwide! A total around $200 million should be stable for it. 

Mary Poppins was expected too much before this weeekend. However similar to Blade Runner 2049 last year, it’s turnout was mediocre. 25+ old franchises in the 2010s go more to your 007s, Dinosaurs, Toys, ocassional slasher villain returns, Or the Rocky/Creed franchsie. Mary Poppins is a niche property as older audiences will find more nostalgia than the social media loving tweens. On the bright side, Mary Poppins 2 should hold up  in the next few weeks and should make over $100 million domestic. 

Bumblebee had an alright debut. The spinoff should pull $100 million with lacking of new releases. Not bad for Paramount. Should have some sexy legs what...(she’s my age it’s safe to say that, she’s pretty though) 46DB7B9600000578-5135235-image-m-58_1512   

37AB36A200000578-3762896-Strike_a_pose_T  

Second Act I don’t know should leg out average. 

Marwen fuck it.

the rest  ok. 

• Thanks 1